the briggiat (fish market)

Moderators: John, Sharon, Fossil, Lucky Poet, crusty_bint, Jazza, dazza

the briggiat (fish market)

Postby stevienoo » Thu Dec 10, 2009 11:16 pm

hello everyone just joined but been lurking for ages!! my first post :D in the early eightys when the above new up market shopping experience opened :roll: i was there when princess margret opened it me and my mate eddie had to hold the plack while she unveiled it ! i was hopeing that one of the meany photo people on this great forum might have a copy of her doing the above as me mammy never forgave me never getting a copy !!! by the way as a footnote the security precautions were hysterical police dogs with handlers everywhere guys with blue overalls everywear checking every nook and cranny! and a police dug that pulled down about 50 feet of rope fenceing when it went under the rope and the handler forgot to let go of the lead ::): ::): great day was had by all and noticed is being refurbished now so if anybody can help my mammie would be very gratefull all the beest stevie
stevienoo
Just settling in
Just settling in

Re: the briggiat (fish market)

Postby rabmania » Thu Dec 10, 2009 11:21 pm

stevienoo wrote:hello everyone just joined but been lurking for ages!! my first post :D in the early eightys when the above new up market shopping experience opened :roll: i was there when princess margret opened it me and my mate eddie had to hold the plack while she unveiled it ! i was hopeing that one of the meany photo people on this great forum might have a copy of her doing the above as me mammy never forgave me never getting a copy !!! by the way as a footnote the security precautions were hysterical police dogs with handlers everywhere guys with blue overalls everywear checking every nook and cranny! and a police dug that pulled down about 50 feet of rope fenceing when it went under the rope and the handler forgot to let go of the lead ::): ::): great day was had by all and noticed is being refurbished now so if anybody can help my mammie would be very gratefull all the beest stevie

and breathe!

Welcome Stevie. So who's going to be first? :wink:
rabmania
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby stevienoo » Thu Dec 10, 2009 11:24 pm

as you have probably noticed i talk very fast ::): ::):
stevienoo
Just settling in
Just settling in

Postby Glasgogirl » Fri Dec 11, 2009 5:56 pm

stevienoo wrote:as you have probably noticed i talk very fast ::): ::):

I never noticed myself cos' I'm a fast reader ::):
welcome.
Glasgogirl
Busy bunny
Busy bunny

Postby dazza » Fri Dec 11, 2009 11:00 pm

stevienoo wrote:i was hopeing that one of the meany photo people on this great forum might have a copy of her doing the above as me mammy never forgave me never getting a copy !!!

What was the exact date, and was your photo published in any of the Glasgow newspapers at the time?
dazza
-
-

Postby Johnny_Gogo » Fri Dec 11, 2009 11:49 pm

dazzababes wrote:
What was the exact date, and was your photo published in any of the Glasgow newspapers at the time?

The fish market moved to Blochairn in 1977 so circa. 1983 for the refurb of the old building might not be far wrong.
Johnny_Gogo
First Stripe
First Stripe

Postby stevienoo01 » Sat Dec 12, 2009 1:13 pm

hi folks sorry for not getting back sooner i could not log back on the thingymajig would not let me use my password!!! anyway had to reregister hence diffrent monica! . i think yoi may be right 83 as i did work the simple minds after show party at the briggait when thay played their first night at ibrox park i think that was 85 i may be wrong the picture i was shown came from a stall in clydebank market i went to find it later but i think he moved
stevienoo01
First Stripe
First Stripe

Postby Autolycus » Sat Dec 12, 2009 1:27 pm

The Briggait was the venue for many a good dance in the mid/ late 80s rounded off by a spot of grub in the Chinese restaurant next door. It seemed to have one of those drinks licences which, so long as you had a plate of chips in front of you, never ended.
Autolycus
Autolycus
Second Stripe
Second Stripe

Postby stevienoo01 » Sat Dec 12, 2009 1:42 pm

yip thee drink was supplied by the pub next door it was a great place to work loads of tv & film related parties there i met robbie coltrane there absalutely blooterd he slapped me on the back and shouted alright wee man i swear ive still got the hand print on my back ::): ::): seen bing hitler there giveing it laldy at a charity auction now that was a laugh watching the glasgow high brow sqirming in there seats !!
stevienoo01
First Stripe
First Stripe

Return to Glasgow Chat (Coffee Lounge)