The Glasgow Taliban

Moderators: John, Sharon, Fossil, Lucky Poet, crusty_bint, Jazza, dazza

Re: The Glasgow Taliban

Postby wee minxy » Tue Jun 30, 2009 11:20 am

zoidberg wrote:I would agree that we never learn anything by not listening to different points of view. However discussions where there are no intelligent points made, and absolutely nobody's mind being changed or position altered, do seem a little pointless.

I'm all for non intelligent comments....it gives you all a shot to show "lesser educated" or fascist or racist or sexist people another side to the argument. Education is good :D
Last edited by wee minxy on Tue Jun 30, 2009 1:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
wee minxy
Second Stripe
Second Stripe

Postby Sharon » Tue Jun 30, 2009 11:22 am

wee minxy wrote:
Sharon wrote:The level of moderation that would be required would frankly stop HG being a pleasure for those tasked with it.

It would also attract MORE bams to the party, imagine a dozen big davies bouncing around on their monster nuts, all trying to make their loud sweaty entrenched point, never interested in an opposing one, all desperate to establish who kicks with what foot, all bursting with determination to wave their flags and to shout about being republicans or unionists and whos hardest done by, etc tc etc... urgh

Can you really imagine anyone being "educated" or learning anything new? I can't.

Net result as I see it would be more bams, more work, less pleasure.

aaaaah so you just want nice wee stories...FFS you are taking out what ever you want and leaving only things you want ..or that YOU want people to see...FFS ..fucking disgraceful.
I have no religious beliefs...and believe me..You are hiding all the sides I want to know about by your locking and deleting. If it ceases to "pleasure" you...oh the shame....then chuck it in.

HG didnt start 5 minutes ago. This isn't the first discussion about discussions. If you want to cater for the things that interest you, and to educate, I can recommend phpbb as being an exceptionally easy to setup and run forum, and hosting is relatively cheap these days. Pointless arguments, is thats all that ever happens on this subject . And you are just adding to it.

You might want to read the inane rants of character such as big davie... funnily enough not everyone else does. HG cannot ever be all things to all people and that minxy includes you.

it goes nowhere, do you truly believe it could?
Beware of yawning dogs.
Sharon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby wee minxy » Tue Jun 30, 2009 11:30 am

Don't be a fanny Sharon I've been watching HG for 4 years ::): . ..I read the lot, it's a great forum...struggled for a while there, but with posters such as Lucky Poet and the likes , it's got balls again...
You are over reacting, plenty of people on here love to educate, give out their wisdom free of charge, information, information, information....good , bad, shite, whatever.
Get a grip wummin, the arses will lose out in the end, and no come back or creep in as some one else.
Last edited by wee minxy on Tue Jun 30, 2009 1:38 pm, edited 2 times in total.
wee minxy
Second Stripe
Second Stripe

Postby Doorstop » Tue Jun 30, 2009 11:32 am

Mr Sharif has a lot answer for.

All this nasty stooshieness because he wants to punt Watermelon Breezers from his cafe .. disgraceful. :wink:
I like him ... He says "Okie Dokie!"
Doorstop
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby wee minxy » Tue Jun 30, 2009 11:45 am

ps...Big/Dave...ah wasnae calling you an arse BTW 8O :D...cos yer probably big(minxy runs away very far) :P
Last edited by wee minxy on Tue Jun 30, 2009 1:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
wee minxy
Second Stripe
Second Stripe

Postby Doorstop » Tue Jun 30, 2009 12:00 pm

I'm fairly certain you've a few hauners Minxy .. I wouldn't worry too much.
I like him ... He says "Okie Dokie!"
Doorstop
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby Bing Buzby » Tue Jun 30, 2009 12:25 pm

Sharon wrote:.....If it was an open topic it would degenerate into a bamfest.........

::):

I'm with you 100% on this Sharon, HG is not a public service or a toilet wall.
Bing Buzby
Second Stripe
Second Stripe

Postby wee minxy » Tue Jun 30, 2009 2:28 pm

Bing Buzby wrote:
Sharon wrote:.....If it was an open topic it would degenerate into a bamfest.........

Bing Buzby wrote:

Some of the worlds best inventions and solutions have been thought of in the toilet, or written on the toilet walls :D
What else is there to do when you are pushing out that stubborn jobby ::):

Ok Dave, solution for constipation please? :D
wee minxy
Second Stripe
Second Stripe

Postby Dave » Tue Jun 30, 2009 2:43 pm

wee minxy wrote:Ok Dave, solution for constipation please? :D

I'd rather stay out of it if it's all the same to you, don't want involved in creating more verbal diarrhea.
A successful man is one who can lay a firm foundation with the bricks others have thrown at him.
www.davehouston.co.uk
Dave
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby wee minxy » Tue Jun 30, 2009 3:11 pm

Dave wrote:
wee minxy wrote:Ok Dave, solution for constipation please? :D

I'd rather stay out of it if it's all the same to you, don't want involved in creating more verbal diarrhea.

FS...I have stumped you :D , that's the first time I've seen you not impart your plethera of encylcopedic knowledge in this forum :wink: ...kidding ::):
wee minxy
Second Stripe
Second Stripe

Postby Dave » Tue Jun 30, 2009 4:07 pm

Aye very good wee minxy, I have to say I hadn't been expecting that.

Seeing as you asked nicely

Constipation - Milk of Magnesium, there are some hedgerow cures if you're a neo-hippy.

Verbal diarrhea on the other hand (eww) is a different matter. It's far more difficult nay impossible to cure. Best option is to employ the skills of a windup merchant and sit back and watch the fun
A successful man is one who can lay a firm foundation with the bricks others have thrown at him.
www.davehouston.co.uk
Dave
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby HollowHorn » Tue Jun 30, 2009 5:29 pm

Dave wrote: there are some hedgerow cures

How does that work? Does one just drag one's arse along them or what? :?
HollowHorn
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby Josef » Tue Jun 30, 2009 5:34 pm

Yep, ten yards of that along a hawthorn hedge, and constipation is the least of your worries.
Josef
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby Dave » Tue Jun 30, 2009 5:43 pm

HollowHorn wrote:How does that work?

You could take a look at this board member profile. Other hedgerow enthusiast exsist.
www.davehouston.co.uk
Dave
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby macca734 » Tue Jun 30, 2009 6:11 pm

Can old trouble-makers join in this thread?

Only kidding. Regardless of religion, race or cultural bent, this seems to me to be just an old-fashioned case of bullying. It happens everywhere but a quality publication like the Record would never use it to sell papers would it...?

:)
Sui Generis
macca734
Second Stripe
Second Stripe

PreviousNext

Return to Glasgow Chat (Coffee Lounge)