Seven for the Seventh

Moderators: John, Sharon, Fossil, Lucky Poet, crusty_bint, Jazza, dazza

Re: Seven for the Seventh

Postby hungryjoe » Mon Jul 20, 2009 5:49 pm

I don't know if I'll think of seven. Here goes:
The Charles Rennie MacIntosh house in Ballgryhill Rd. Springburn.
The clock at the junction of Castle Street/Stirling road. Part of the old infirmary. The only public clock in Europe with 5 faces. (1 less than Tony Bliar) ::):
Littlehill Street in Springburn. The shortest Street in Glasgow?
Gibson Street at The barras (at the shellfish shop) proof that at least 2 streets in Glasgow have the same name.
Glebe Street in Townhead, it's still there, but I don't think there's anything there now - maybe the post office building, I'd have to check.
The Necropolis, which is a beautiful place to have a peaceful walk and which supports a herd of wild deer.
Junction 15 of the M8. The highway code had to be changed after that, to allow traffic to leave a motorway from a right lane.
Multi dinero, multi ficky fick, multi divorce.
hungryjoe
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby Sunflower » Fri Oct 23, 2009 4:00 pm

Keep meaning to do this, but it turns out that I can't remember seven things at the same time....and they're hidden only in the sense that they're either out-of-the-way, or that it's easy not to pay them any attention.

In no particular order -

1. The snuffmill bridge
2. Partickhill Oval/Circus/whatever it's called, specially with bluebells
3. The Bells Bridge/Millennium footbridges over the Clyde, with the chance of spotting swans/cormorant fishing/seaplane/Waverley/other boat/and now perhaps a whale!
4. The lonely cut-off canal basin beyond Port Dundas (it was more hidden and enticing before all the recent work)
5. The pond in Maxwell Park with swans, cygnets, moorhens, coots, mallards, tufted ducks and a - wait for it - terrapin
6. The lanes behind the top end of Byres Road (not the ones with shops)
7. Drumlins (hidden under all the buildings) - geology, streetscape AND exercise, all in one.
Sunflower
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby floweredpig » Fri Oct 23, 2009 4:44 pm

There are also a lot of large Koi Carp in the Maxwell Park pond.Or they are bloody big goldfish.I saw them whilst fishing my four year old boy from the pond,again.
floweredpig
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby kirkyguy » Mon Nov 09, 2009 5:24 pm

1.The Lauriston Bar Still the same as when i went 30 odd years ago with my Dad and Uncles

2.Hielanman's Umbrella Glasgows own Ellis Island

3.The Peoples Palace Scotland St School museum The Transport museum all equally mostly nostalgia reasons.

4.The Suspension Bridges and the Clyde

5. The Clyde Tunnel and The Kingston Bridge.

6.Pollok House.

7.The Mitchell Library.
kirkyguy
Second Stripe
Second Stripe

Previous

Return to Glasgow Chat (Coffee Lounge)