Least attractive Glasgow Train Stations.

Moderators: John, Sharon, Fossil, Lucky Poet, crusty_bint, Jazza, dazza

Re: Least attractive Glasgow Train Stations.

Postby tobester » Sat Nov 29, 2008 10:31 pm

Id say Dalmarnock is like Holytown, Shieldmuir, and Barnhill, busy during peak times but dead all other times. Took me 4 moths to sell a ticket to someone at Shieldmuir, Dalmarnocks not much better
tobester
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby scottland » Sat Nov 29, 2008 10:44 pm

Who runs dalmarnock station,Im going to send them a wee certificate acknowledging it as the Least Attractive Train Station in Glasgow.
Aye,well.
scottland
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby maccoinnich » Sun Nov 30, 2008 1:19 am

Like all but a few stations in Scotland, it's owned by Network Rail and operated by First ScotRail.
maccoinnich
First Stripe
First Stripe

Postby Dexter St. Clair » Sun Nov 30, 2008 1:57 am

I use the ABC car repair shop nearby and then catch the train from Dalmarnock. on at least one occasion the guy in teh station advise me he had no change and I could buy a ticket on the train.
"I before E, except after C" works in most cases but there are exceptions.
Dexter St. Clair
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby Whangie » Sun Nov 30, 2008 6:12 pm

This Dalmarnock station is fascinating! I'm going to visit it as well - its obviously a place of legend. Even the name "Dalmarnock" has an eerie, desolate quality to it.
Whangie
Busy bunny
Busy bunny

Postby tobester » Sun Nov 30, 2008 6:30 pm

scottland wrote:Who runs dalmarnock station,Im going to send them a wee certificate acknowledging it as the Least Attractive Train Station in Glasgow.

Id send the award to First at Atrium Court ::):

Whangie wrote:This Dalmarnock station is fascinating! I'm going to visit it as well - its obviously a place of legend. Even the name "Dalmarnock" has an eerie, desolate quality to it.

If you do DONT take a Larkhall train they dont stop there.
tobester
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby weegeordie » Sun Nov 30, 2008 6:55 pm

Dalmarnock is an eary place my mate works in the booking office in the station and he says they only pull in at least 50 quid a day the only people that really use the station are ,and i apologise if this sounds nasty are the gipsys from the site just up from the station
weegeordie
Busy bunny
Busy bunny

Postby weegeordie » Sun Nov 30, 2008 6:57 pm

Shieldmuir is my nearest station and i personally wouldnt use it i know of people who have been attacked crossing the bridge across the platforms and surprise surprise NO cctv or even any lighting
weegeordie
Busy bunny
Busy bunny

Postby tobester » Sun Nov 30, 2008 6:59 pm

weegeordie wrote:Dalmarnock is an eary place my mate works in the booking office in the station and he says they only pull in at least 50 quid a day the only people that really use the station are ,and i apologise if this sounds nasty are the gipsys from the site just up from the station

I cant even recall the last time i sold a ticket from here (or if i ever have!!! ::): )
tobester
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby scottland » Mon Dec 01, 2008 1:38 pm

weegeordie wrote:Dalmarnock is an eary place my mate works in the booking office in the station and he says they only pull in at least 50 quid a day the only people that really use the station are ,and i apologise if this sounds nasty are the gipsys from the site just up from the station

So. what is the purpose of Dalmarnock station.Cant be just for our Romany friends to get around.And why are Larkhall people banned from it.
scottland
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby Whangie » Mon Dec 01, 2008 1:45 pm

weegeordie wrote:Shieldmuir is my nearest station and i personally wouldnt use it i know of people who have been attacked crossing the bridge across the platforms and surprise surprise NO cctv or even any lighting

I once got hassle in broad daylight on a train which I had boarded at Airdrie. The minute I sat down a drunk 40 something hard looking man stoated up to me and asked "Did you just say - look at the f**kin state of that guy?" I said no and he started shouting and swearing, leaning into my face, challenging me to a fight and accusing me of laughing at him when I boarded the train. I hadnt even noticed him till he approached me and he was obviously determined to have a fight with someone. He carried on leaning over me threatening me and saying "stand up I f**kin dare ye!" all the way to High Street station where, luckily the guy got off the train but as he did so was shouting "your lucky wee man, f**kin lucky".

The minute the train pulled away from High Street station a ticket inspector appeared and said to me "are you alright? Was that guy hassling you?". He must have been hiding in the next carraige afraid to come in incase the guy turned on him. This was about lunchtime on a summers day. It just shows you that something like this could easily get out of hand on a train. People could be mugged, stabbed or anything.
Last edited by Whangie on Mon Dec 01, 2008 1:47 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Whangie
Busy bunny
Busy bunny

Postby onyirtodd » Mon Dec 01, 2008 1:46 pm

Is that £50 including what the gypsies would pay if they bothered to buy tickets?
238 to 127. All in all a good afternoon's work
onyirtodd
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby scottland » Mon Dec 01, 2008 1:48 pm

onyirtodd wrote:

Is that £50 including what the gypsies would pay if they bothered to buy tickets?

oooooohhhhhh FFS.
Aye,well.
scottland
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby gap74 » Mon Dec 01, 2008 2:08 pm

I once got a train from Central Low Level back to Newton. A guy who had got on the same carriage at Central got up before me as we approached Newton, wandered over, leaned in and said "If I ever see you again, I'm going to kill you, understand?".

This was a slim fella maybe in his early 50s in a suit, looked for all the world like a businessman!

Trouble was, I was also getting off at Newton - but since he didn't look in the slightest bit frightening, I just stared at him in silence by the doors before shrugging and leaving when they opened. He held back and lurked in the station doorway until I was out of sight.

To this day, I have no idea what I did to offend him so! There's some funny people out there on the world's transport systems...
gap74
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby tobester » Mon Dec 01, 2008 5:05 pm

Sadly the trains are a breeding ground for muppets and morons, and sometimes suits are every bit as bad as neds, drunks and junkies, altho being a TE i wouldnt go near one either, as i feel its not worth getting a kicking as id end up getting my balls felt by my bosses ALSO would anyone help me...NOOOOOOOO
tobester
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

PreviousNext

Return to Glasgow Chat (Coffee Lounge)