Least attractive Glasgow Train Stations.

Moderators: John, Sharon, Fossil, Lucky Poet, crusty_bint, Jazza, dazza

Re: Least attractive Glasgow Train Stations.

Postby yoker brian » Fri Jun 11, 2010 1:15 pm

It's not oil your smelling - it's a combination of sewage, rainwater, and other chemical nasties that were allowed to soak into the ground in the city's industrial past.

I prefer the smell in the Queen St Tunnel - nice mix of chemicals and diesel fumes.
Milk Sucks, Got Beer?
yoker brian
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby bAzTNM » Wed Apr 04, 2012 3:13 pm

Sorry for the bump. Just saw this topic on the main page and just thought I'd chime in.

Dalmarnock Station will be closed between May and June 2012 for refurbishments. Have to agree that it is one of the creepiest stations I've ever been too.

Honourable mentions goes to: Barnhill, Kelvindale (the standing platform is too narrow and the trains fly past at some speed), Glasgow Central Low Level always scares the shit out of me, Dalmuir looks a bit depressing.
bAzTNM
Second Stripe
Second Stripe

Postby Jockissimo » Wed Apr 04, 2012 4:46 pm

KonstantinL wrote:You have to wonder why Dalmarnock has never turned up as a location in a Wes Craven movie.

I mean shite literally seeps out the walls just for a start. No need for special effects!

I always wondered why the sludge ship bore the name Dalmarnock.

They pump the shit rather, sludge should I say, from there, right past the station cutting it would seem.

They phased out sludge dumping at sea. I wonder if its all backing up in the system and about to errupt out at the station? How many BAR or psi shit would a 320s sliding doors keep oot?
Jockissimo
Second Stripe
Second Stripe

Postby tobester » Wed Apr 04, 2012 6:10 pm

yoker brian wrote:
I prefer the smell in the Queen St Tunnel - nice mix of chemicals and diesel fumes.

Its lovely during rush hour, popping the window down and sticking yer head out.....who needs 20 club kingsize
tobester
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby tobester » Wed Apr 04, 2012 6:16 pm

bAzTNM wrote:Kelvindale (the standing platform is too narrow and the trains fly past at some speed).

I dont quite get this one? Only trains ive ever seen pass thru there not stopping is the 0603 empties to anniesland (mon-sat) making the 0626 service), and the 2350 (mon-sat (and 0020 fri)) empties to queen st...the rest of the line does have the ft william sleeper running thru them

bAzTNM wrote: Dalmuir looks a bit depressing.

Always has been,i think its the portakabins and temporary booking office of old (temp since what mid 80s?), not seen it lately so hoping the new booking office etc may improve it, the replacement bridges remind me of a prison with the mesh instead of glass...maybe for safety reasons, well thats what i always thought, given that they put glass in the motherwell one to platform4
tobester
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby bAzTNM » Wed Apr 04, 2012 6:18 pm

I might have got Kelvindale mixed up with the whole Paisley Canal line (Corkerhill, Mosspark, Hawkhead etc). Platforms there are unbelievably narrow and the stations rather tight.
bAzTNM
Second Stripe
Second Stripe

Postby yoker brian » Wed Apr 04, 2012 6:37 pm

tobester wrote:
yoker brian wrote:

Its lovely during rush hour, popping the window down and sticking yer head out.....who needs 20 club kingsize

Not the same on a MU, canny beat a 37 or 47 up cowlairs tunnel.
Milk Sucks, Got Beer?
yoker brian
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby Bridie » Wed Apr 04, 2012 7:00 pm

Right I've learned all I need to know (and more) about Dalmarnock station from this thread - my question is;
Why the hell are they spending all that money on it when nobody uses it?
Yes HH,I know
Bridie
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby Fossil » Wed Apr 04, 2012 7:05 pm

Bridie wrote:Right I've learned all I need to know (and more) about Dalmarnock station from this thread - my question is;

Commonwealth Games Bridie. its looking great down that way now

Fossil
Bum tit tit bum tit tit play yer hairy banjo
Fossil
-
-

Postby Bridie » Wed Apr 04, 2012 7:14 pm

Fossil wrote:
Bridie wrote:Right I've learned all I need to know (and more) about Dalmarnock station from this thread - my question is;

Commonwealth Games Bridie. its looking great down that way now

Fossil

Ah I forgot thanks!
Yes HH,I know
Bridie
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby tobester » Wed Apr 04, 2012 7:18 pm

bAzTNM wrote:I might have got Kelvindale mixed up with the whole Paisley Canal line (Corkerhill, Mosspark, Hawkhead etc). Platforms there are unbelievably narrow and the stations rather tight.

With that line may be empties heading to corkerhill, or altered services from paisley canal running fast, you see that on journey check, i think its a very tight turnaround there
tobester
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Previous

Return to Glasgow Chat (Coffee Lounge)