29 broomloan court

Moderators: John, Sharon, Fossil, Lucky Poet, crusty_bint, Jazza, dazza

29 broomloan court

Postby roy » Thu Aug 14, 2008 9:47 pm

hi all, im looking for information on whats been going on sinse i left just over 23 years ago, when i left there was still the football pitch at the bottom of the flats along with the garages and the good old mucky duck :?

thanks in advance, looking forward to any replys

ps, i lived in 112 29 block
roy
Second Stripe
Second Stripe

Re: 29 broomloan court

Postby Dexter St. Clair » Thu Aug 14, 2008 10:11 pm

roy wrote:

Why don't you use the SEARCH feature?
"I before E, except after C" works in most cases but there are exceptions.
Dexter St. Clair
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby HollowHorn » Thu Aug 14, 2008 11:25 pm

roy wrote:thanks in advance, looking forward to any replys

Let that be a lesson to you, Roy, me boy. :roll:
HollowHorn
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby Ronnie » Fri Aug 15, 2008 2:45 am

Hi Roy
Not too sure what information you're looking for here, so maybe you could give us some more details. I lived in the block nearest the White City, the most westerly of the three, which I think was number 17, on the 14th floor, with a great view over the pitches (which are now a car park for Ibrox Stadium). I don't have great memories of the place, I have to say. Let us know what you want to know about the flats, or Ibrox, or Glasgow.
Best wishes
Ronnie

Hi Dexter
Why don't you show some manners, and allow a little bit of slack to a new poster?
Best wishes
Ronnie

Hi HollowHorn
I know electrons are cheap, but why not confine your remarks to times when you can be helpful and not just smart?
Best wishes
Ronnie
upupdowndownleftrightleftrightbastart
Ronnie
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby Dexter St. Clair » Fri Aug 15, 2008 6:59 am

Hi Dexter
Why don't you show some manners, and allow a little bit of slack to a new poster?
Best wishes
Ronnie

Aye you're right . Here's some tips for new members . Read the bloody boards before you post and get a feel for them. Don't just ask for info contribute something and if you came her because you googled Broomloan Court ask your question in that strand.

http://tinyurl.com/6bhvqr
"I before E, except after C" works in most cases but there are exceptions.
Dexter St. Clair
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby HollowHorn » Fri Aug 15, 2008 9:09 am

Hi Ronnie,
had you read wot I wrote & not just wot you think I wrote, you would have seen that I, like you, was giving support to a new poster who was, as per usual, being treated rather rudely.

Best Wishes
HH.
HollowHorn
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby hazy » Fri Aug 15, 2008 3:24 pm

The way things are going Roy I dont think they will be the last buildings to be demolished in that area. As for the message from the dark side he is in a huff cause he will have to put his gob in the oven and bake on a smile cause there is another election coming up . Keep posting its all good fun matey boy.
Thank you. And why not.
hazy
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby Hoey St » Sat Aug 16, 2008 7:13 pm

roy wrote:hi all, im looking for information on whats been going on sinse i left just over 23 years ago, when i left there was still the football pitch at the bottom of the flats along with the garages and the good old mucky duck :?

ps, i lived in 112 29 block

I lived in the block closet to the Albion Training ground on the second floor. I had a grandstand view of Rangers training during Souness's early years when Walters, Butcher, Roberts and West were playing. I always remember West getting the arse ripped out of him during training. He was as bad at training as he was on the park. Heroin hadn't made its mark in the area then so it was basically okay. The Mucky Duck was a pale imitation of the Ibrox House as the bar was known before. When you call your pub by such a ridiculous name you can only expect to lose money and attract the wrong customers. That said i did have a few good memories of the place.
Hoey St
Busy bunny
Busy bunny

Postby big/davie » Mon Aug 18, 2008 2:38 am

hi mate,the broomie flats are due for demolition next year,there are around 20 folk living in the 3 blocks,ibrox house,mucky duck or madisons has been gone for years,garages are rarely used now for reasons of constantly being broken into,most of the middle of the scheme opposite has been knocked down and g.h.a(housing)has built brand new houses on it,the other houses that run behind it on prw are being demolished at present,along with the tenements across from broomie court,whole area has went quite tits up in the last few years and very run down,the ibroxholm flats are to be demolished in two years also,but don't hold your breath.
big/davie
Second Stripe
Second Stripe

Postby roy » Tue Aug 19, 2008 6:41 pm

cheers for the positive input, wouldnt like to be one of the last people living in there.
infact i was so glad to see the back of it all them years ago, i was in scotland a few years ago showing my kids where daddy lived, went to school, ect. but didnt quite make it to ibrox :roll:
roy
Second Stripe
Second Stripe

Postby viceroy » Tue Aug 19, 2008 6:56 pm

big/davie wrote:the ibroxholm flats are to be demolished in two years also,but don't hold your breath.

I don't think the Ibroxholm flats are coming down Davie. Not to my knowledge anyway. Are you maybe referring to the blocks further up Broomloan Road, along Kintra Street? Iona Court I think they're called.
viceroy
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby big/davie » Mon Sep 01, 2008 7:34 pm

viceroy wrote:I don't think the Ibroxholm flats are coming down Davie. Not to my knowledge anyway. Are you maybe referring to the blocks further up Broomloan Road, along Kintra Street? Iona Court I think they're called.
yea viceroy they are mate,i live in them,the ones just off copland rd on edminston drive, gha have moved loads out already,mostly the junkies though due to their cheque for £2,000 waved infront of their faces,holding out myself no matter what until i get something i'm happy with,will be a long wait i presume ::):
big/davie
Second Stripe
Second Stripe

Postby Josef » Mon Sep 01, 2008 7:56 pm

big/davie wrote:
viceroy wrote:I don't think the Ibroxholm flats are coming down Davie. Not to my knowledge anyway. Are you maybe referring to the blocks further up Broomloan Road, along Kintra Street? Iona Court I think they're called.
yea viceroy they are mate,i live in them,the ones just off copland rd on edminston drive, gha have moved loads out already,mostly the junkies though due to their cheque for £2,000 waved infront of their faces,holding out myself no matter what until i get something i'm happy with,will be a long wait i presume ::):

I thought it had been a bit quiet around here lately.

But news to me, too. I was assured by a reliable source last year that they weren't on the list for the forseeable future.
Josef
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby roy » Thu Oct 02, 2008 6:38 pm

they would have saved a fortune pulling them down with the junkies still in them... :roll:
roy
Second Stripe
Second Stripe

Postby engineer » Thu Oct 02, 2008 7:05 pm

Dexter St. Clair wrote:
roy wrote:

Why don't you use the SEARCH feature?

absolutely, nothing worse than a double post.

engineer wrote:Image

from the library of congress flickr group. some really excellent vintage shots
all available free. take note scran rchams etc?
http://www.flickr.com/photos/library_of_congress

Dexter St. Clair wrote:The Library of Congress holds the copyright and took photography seriously long before we did. SCRAN's budget wouldn't cover their DoNut bill.

Write to Linda for increased taxes to free up copyright.

Dexter St. Clair wrote:Library of Congress Hi Res Colour shots
http://www.flickr.com/photos/library_of_congress/sets/72157603671370361/

engineer
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Next

Return to Glasgow Chat (Coffee Lounge)