Copland Court, Ibrox.

Moderators: John, Sharon, Fossil, Lucky Poet, crusty_bint, Jazza, dazza

Re: Copland Court, Ibrox.

Postby HollowHorn » Wed Aug 13, 2008 10:36 pm

lynnski wrote:shouting at other jakeys, shouting up at windows

It's the latest invention, the invisible mobile.

'If I ever see you wearing that fucking top again I'll fucking rip you'.

Awfy depressing, while millions of pounds are spent in in a nearby football stadium. This will be our next focus after we save the trees in Pollok Park. City of Culture? Don't make me fukkin' laff. Never mind, no doubt hosting the Commonwealth Games will sort it all out. We'll rename it Merchant City West.
HollowHorn
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby Roxburgh » Wed Aug 13, 2008 11:06 pm

lynnski wrote:I do not think this much needed and necessary project is in the right location. That's my opinion. Is that plain enough for yeese?

Loud and clear lynnski .... we already sussed that you do not want it anywhere near your backyard.
Roxburgh
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby HollowHorn » Wed Aug 13, 2008 11:40 pm

Roxburgh wrote:Loud and clear lynnski .... we already sussed that you do not want it anywhere near your backyard.

Well why the fuck would she?
are unwilling or unable to engage with services on a planned or consistent basis and have expressed a view that they will continue to drink alcohol

And why the fuck are the people of Glasgow wasting (in most cases) hard earned cash on these fuckwits?
HollowHorn
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby onyirtodd » Thu Aug 14, 2008 9:51 am

HollowHorn wrote:
are unwilling or unable to engage with services on a planned or consistent basis and have expressed a view that they will continue to drink alcohol

And why the fuck are the people of Glasgow wasting (in most cases) hard earned cash on these fuckwits?

I understand negotiations are under way to relocate them to Paisley (where they will blend unnoticed into the background).
238 to 127. All in all a good afternoon's work
onyirtodd
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby onyirtodd » Fri Aug 15, 2008 8:43 am

lynnski wrote:.............................

There was a mum and wee girl walking past a few weeks ago, and the wee girl was wearing a Celtic top. A right manky looking guy confronted the wee girl, not the mum, and said, 'If I ever see you wearing that fucking top again I'll fucking rip you'. Thankfully the wee lassie was only about 3 so had no idea what the guy had said to her but she was still scared, and quite rightly so. The mum said something like, 'leave my wean alone' but I didn't hear her exactly. Then they crossed the road and got away from him, and I went into the tube. I was quite worried by this.

I do not think this much needed and necessary project is in the right location. That's my opinion. Is that plain enough for yeese?

You can't help but question the mentality of a parent who uses a 3 year old to perpetuate the sectarian division in our city, especially in an area where it would inevitably be seen as provocative.
onyirtodd
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby Roxburgh » Fri Aug 15, 2008 2:27 pm

onyirtodd wrote:
lynnski wrote:You can't help but question the mentality of a parent who uses a 3 year old to perpetuate the sectarian division in our city, especially in an area where it would inevitably be seen as provocative.

Its a fair point. Maybe the mother was trying to make a statement via her daughter a bit like the woman who wouldn't let her wean join the scouts.
Roxburgh
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby HollowHorn » Fri Aug 15, 2008 7:13 pm

Roxburgh wrote:
onyirtodd wrote:
lynnski wrote:You can't help but question the mentality of a parent who uses a 3 year old to perpetuate the sectarian division in our city, especially in an area where it would inevitably be seen as provocative.

Its a fair point. Maybe the mother was trying to make a statement via her daughter a bit like the woman who wouldn't let her wean join the scouts.

Perhaps her uncle / cousin bought it for her in good faith (wee joke, err). Perhaps the mother does not have the spare cash to refuse the gift of free clothing for her child. In many other countries, the wearing of team colours (of whichever sport) is perfectly acceptable. Perhaps it's not the mother's mentality you should be questioning.
HollowHorn
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby lynnski » Fri Aug 15, 2008 7:32 pm

Good grief, I leave youse lot alone for 5 minutes...........

Nothing wrong with wearing a football top. It's all the bigoted associations that go with certain colours that are wrong.
And why the hell are you all questioning 'the mentality' of the mother in question? IMHO the jakey guy yelling at the wee girl was in the wrong here, but nobody's mentioned him, how very odd.

Nothing wrong with giving support to people who need it. But IMHO these projects are quite sensitive and should not be planked willy nilly in highly residential areas, as the residents are not willing/able to integrate into a 'normal' life.

Roxburgh wrote:
lynnski wrote:I do not think this much needed and necessary project is in the right location. That's my opinion. Is that plain enough for yeese?

Loud and clear lynnski .... we already sussed that you do not want it anywhere near your backyard.

Loud and clear to me Roxburgh, either you need glasses or are plainly refusing to actually read what I'm saying. I do not object to this being in my area at all, I think where it currently is, is wrong. If I did not want it 'anywhere near' then why would I have suggested moving it 2-3 streets away? This is still in my 'backyard'. Simple enough for you?? Or should I speak very slowly?? Or very loudly?? :roll:
lynnski
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby onyirtodd » Sat Aug 16, 2008 9:35 am

lynnski wrote:Good grief, I leave youse lot alone for 5 minutes...........

Nothing wrong with wearing a football top. It's all the bigoted associations that go with certain colours that are wrong.
And why the hell are you all questioning 'the mentality' of the mother in question? IMHO the jakey guy yelling at the wee girl was in the wrong here, but nobody's mentioned him, how very odd.

There's no question the jakey was in the wrong here but he's a jakey; that's what jakeys do.

The mother, unless she's an absolute bam, should have known that wearing a Celtic top in the part of town would attract the sort of unwelcome attention that it did. Should things be different? Yes, of course. Are they different? No. Will they be different onny time soon? I doubt it.
onyirtodd
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby lynnski » Sat Aug 16, 2008 11:01 am

Lots of people wear Celtic tops around here. There seems to be a large section of Celtic support, and apparently even a 'Celtic pub'. Odd, but there ye go.
lynnski
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby onyirtodd » Sat Aug 16, 2008 11:10 am

lynnski wrote:Lots of people wear Celtic tops around here. There seems to be a large section of Celtic support, and apparently even a 'Celtic pub'. Odd, but there ye go.

Quite a lot strikes me as 'odd' about the south side.
onyirtodd
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby cell » Sat Aug 16, 2008 2:58 pm

Roxburgh wrote:So what do you suggest happens to these people? Do we just leave them out on the streets?

Yes

or you could take them in.
cell
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby lynnski » Sat Aug 16, 2008 3:58 pm

onyirtodd wrote:
lynnski wrote:Lots of people wear Celtic tops around here. There seems to be a large section of Celtic support, and apparently even a 'Celtic pub'. Odd, but there ye go.

Quite a lot strikes me as 'odd' about the south side.

There's plenty of 'odd' in the West and East ends too.
lynnski
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby Roxburgh » Sat Aug 16, 2008 7:11 pm

And it used to be a nice area too :twisted:
Roxburgh
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby lynnski » Sat Aug 16, 2008 11:48 pm

Roxburgh wrote:

And it used to be a nice area too :twisted:

Shuddit you!! ::): ::):
lynnski
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

PreviousNext

Return to Glasgow Chat (Coffee Lounge)