Buses Today

Moderators: John, Sharon, Fossil, Lucky Poet, crusty_bint, Jazza, dazza

Re: Buses Today

Postby BairnyBoy » Sun Aug 11, 2013 4:05 pm

busdriver wrote:If memory serves, an adult single to Mount Vernon Ave is £1.90, on FG240 (boundary for next fare being, Daldowie Roundabout) which takes you outside the Cityzone, fare would be £3.40 (ish), fares charged outside the Cityzone are based on distance travelled. However EK to/from Glasgow travel is in the Cityzone so adult single £1.90.

Makes sense doesn,t it? :?

It does a wee bit. I need to get a hold of a zone map, I think.

BD - I'm getting on the 240 at Trongate and getting off outside of the Black Bear/Premier Inn on Hamilton Road.

I take it this is beyond Mount Vernon and so outside of the cityzone? Whereas if I was getting off somewhere like, say, Tollcross, I would be within the cityzone?

Christ, this is complicated for an eejit like me.
"He who learns but does not think, is lost! He who thinks but does not learn is in great danger." - Confucius
BairnyBoy
Busy bunny
Busy bunny

Postby busdriver » Sun Aug 11, 2013 7:08 pm

BD - I'm getting on the 240 at Trongate and getting off outside of the Black Bear/Premier Inn on Hamilton Road.

I take it this is beyond Mount Vernon and so outside of the cityzone? Whereas if I was getting off somewhere like, say, Tollcross, I would be within the cityzone?

Christ, this is complicated for an eejit like me.

To Mount Vernon Ave, £1.90 as in City Zone, beyond Mount Vernon Avenue you are outside City Zone so, yes and yes.
Also the driver will have a fare chart which he can check to verify the fare due and he/she can show you this information if requested, just ask.
Reguloj por la gvidado de sagxuloj kaj blinda obeemo de malsagxuloj.
busdriver
Second Stripe
Second Stripe

Postby BairnyBoy » Sun Aug 11, 2013 9:01 pm

Cheers mate.

I'll have to go back to buying week tickets.
"He who learns but does not think, is lost! He who thinks but does not learn is in great danger." - Confucius
BairnyBoy
Busy bunny
Busy bunny

Re: Bus Consultation.

Postby The Egg Man » Wed Aug 21, 2013 1:06 pm

Iain Gray MSP has extended the deadline to his Members Bill on how bus services are delivered.

Consultation responses can now be lodged up until 11th October as opposed to the earlier deadline of 30th August.

The Members’ Bill aims to give transport authorities greater power over how bus services are run, including a new franchising power to tender contracts for profitable and non-profitable routes together, without seeking ministers’ consent or having to “demonstrate market failure”. The Bill proposes a power for the Traffic Commissioner to penalise operators where franchise agreements are broken.

Iain Gray said: “I speak with many constituents who are rightly angry when local bus services are cut, but feel powerless when councils tell them it’s down to a commercial decision by the operator.
“My Bill aims to give more power to local transport authorities, by giving them a greater say in how services are delivered in their area beyond the most basic terms. At the moment, the system makes it too easy for operators to walk away from even those services they are paid to deliver, and when they do, it’s communities that suffer.

“Following recent bad experiences with bus services in my own East Lothian constituency, and several other areas across Scotland, I believe the time is right for this proposal. The current market-driven set-up is letting too many people down and this needs to change.

“There is a growing awareness that there are five times as many bus journeys as rail in Scotland, yet rail gets more attention and more public funding. I believe there is support in Parliament for this proposal to be debated, and I look forward to the responses to my consultation contributing to that debate.”
I hear the people sing.
The Egg Man
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby Fat Cat » Mon Aug 26, 2013 10:11 am

Buses are being advertised at "due in 10 minutes" or "next due 3.30" when, in fact, no such bus exists. Really pissing me off. :evil:
Fat Cat
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby andymusprime » Mon Nov 04, 2013 9:25 pm

They really have fucked up this "Simplicity" Lark, eh? SIMPLI-wait fifty mins just after 6pm for the bus, bonus if it turns up, piss piss if it does not. From what I hear its right across the board first's fuck ups are :|
andymusprime
Just settling in
Just settling in

Postby Dexter St. Clair » Tue Nov 05, 2013 7:29 am

play this whilst you wait. I'm not sure it quite captures the essence of the N2.
"I before E, except after C" works in most cases but there are exceptions.
Dexter St. Clair
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby tobester » Tue Nov 05, 2013 12:17 pm

Shame they cant have a flat fare like lothian buses, make it easy for everyone,ok some loseout on shorter journeys but youll gain on longer.

Used lothian a few times this year and find it seems better and safer than in glasgow, dunno why
tobester
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby RDR » Tue Nov 05, 2013 3:26 pm

tobester wrote:Shame they cant have a flat fare like lothian buses, make it easy for everyone,ok some loseout on shorter journeys but youll gain on longer.

Used lothian a few times this year and find it seems better and safer than in glasgow, dunno why

Maybe because it's still publicly owned?
He advocated for the weak against the strong, the poor against the rich and labour against capital.
RDR
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Ghost Buses

Postby Guacho » Thu Nov 14, 2013 11:01 pm

Discovered an unlisted bus route the other day, service 9B. Takes me straight home from work, where I normally have to change at Thornwood. It's not listed on the Firstbus web site. Driver says they run service back to the garage so the company can claim back tax on the fuel. Anyone any ideas or know of others?
Guacho
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Re: Ghost Buses

Postby busdriver » Fri Nov 15, 2013 12:50 am

Guacho wrote:Discovered an unlisted bus route the other day, service 9B. Takes me straight home from work, where I normally have to change at Thornwood. It's not listed on the Firstbus web site. Driver says they run service back to the garage so the company can claim back tax on the fuel. Anyone any ideas or know of others?

The Bus Service Operators Grant (formerly Fuel Duty Rebate) is a scheme that refunds some of the Fuel Duty incurred by operators of registered local bus services. The grant is available for all operators of local bus services available for use by the general public which operate on public roads. To get it the bus must be in service even if only for short or garage services.

The 9B is a registered service and should be timetabled somewhere, if you use it regurlay might be worthwhile contacting FG customer services for timetable info.

VOSA Registration details:

PM0000001/439 - FIRST GLASGOW (NO1) LTD T/A FIRST GLASGOW, 197 VICTORIA ROAD, GLASGOW, G42 7AD
Registration Accepted
Starting Point: Scotstoun, Dumbarton Road
Finish Point: Penilee or Braehead or Glasgow Airport or Linwood or Paisley
Via: Dumbarton Road
Service Number: 9B
Service Type: Normal Stopping
Effective Date: 06-OCT-2013
Other Details: Daily
busdriver
Second Stripe
Second Stripe

Postby Dexter St. Clair » Fri Nov 15, 2013 3:18 pm

Unfortunately the route number specified (9B) cannot be found in our database. Please amend your search below or

I've seen it on its way to Scotstoun.
Dexter St. Clair
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby busdriver » Sat Nov 16, 2013 12:14 am

Dexter St. Clair wrote:
Unfortunately the route number specified (9B) cannot be found in our database. Please amend your search below or

I've seen it on its way to Scotstoun.

TIME TABLE/PDF

PDF, Downloads directly.
busdriver
Second Stripe
Second Stripe

Postby beneld » Sat Nov 16, 2013 10:44 am

I found a bus I didn't recognise or find on first timetable last night, a 57C. Just coming off the motorway at the Royal unlike 57/57A and marked for Govanhill.
https://twitter.com/#!/ahaufstop
http://ahaufstop.blogspot.com
beneld
Second Stripe
Second Stripe

Postby Dexter St. Clair » Sat Nov 16, 2013 11:10 am

Thanks busdriver but I've seen it at night with Scotstoun on the destination board.
Dexter St. Clair
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

PreviousNext

Return to Glasgow Chat (Coffee Lounge)