It's a whole life tariff. No parole, no time off for good behaviour :wink:
I hear the people sing.
The Egg Man
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Re: Buses Today

Postby Josef » Sat Mar 02, 2013 2:04 pm

That's more or less it.

You can always spot the Weegie. They're the ones going "Macintosh? Greek Thomson? Pah. Rickets-laden, sentimental nonsense. Demolish the lot and build a new ring road".

I don't believe that it's coincidence that not a single member of the admin staff on here is a born, bred and current Glaswegian. *

* (mind you, I'm not sure about Crusty?).
Josef
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby gap74 » Sat Mar 02, 2013 2:09 pm

Don't forget Clockwork Orange. We're always talking about the Clockwork Orange...
gap74
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby Josef » Sat Mar 02, 2013 2:13 pm

gap74 wrote:Don't forget Clockwork Orange. We're always talking about the Clockwork Orange...

Well, Dexter is. I don't quite get why he keeps the expression going.
Josef
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby John » Sat Mar 02, 2013 3:59 pm

Josef wrote:.....

I don't believe that it's coincidence that not a single member of the admin staff on here is a born, bred and current Glaswegian. *

[/size]

In all fairness my status as non-Glaswegian is due to an administrative reallocation in 1996. I have no doubt, if I wait long enough, I will end up back in Glasgow without having to move house.
'It's a sad day for capitalism when a man can't fly a midget on a kite over Central Park'
John
-
-

Postby Josef » Sat Mar 02, 2013 4:12 pm

John wrote:
In all fairness my status as non-Glaswegian is due to an administrative reallocation in 1996. I have no doubt, if I wait long enough, I will end up back in Glasgow without having to move house.

Excellent news. You can help pay for the fucking Commonwealth Games, then.
Josef
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby Godsgift » Wed Mar 06, 2013 9:38 pm

Back in the day.

Godsgift
Second Stripe
Second Stripe

Postby Guacho » Wed Mar 06, 2013 10:43 pm

the Rouken Glen bus is going the wrong way...........
Guacho
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby RDR » Thu Mar 21, 2013 9:27 pm

Fun with First Bus in Lanarkshire.
You go into the First Travel centre in Motherwell and ask about the 266/7 and 241 which are currently re-routed due to road works in Wishaw, so where are they picking up and setting down near to Kenilworth Road? Answer we dunno why don't you try phoning customer services.
Phone First customer services with the same question. Answer let us check our website (like I hadn't thought of that!). Oh it doesn't say and we don't know.
So does anyone in First actually know where their buses go when re-routed? the drivers I would hope but clearly no one in their offices has a clue. :(
He advocated for the weak against the strong, the poor against the rich and labour against capital.
RDR
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby busdriver » Sat Mar 30, 2013 1:59 pm

First Glasgow

Details of fare changes from 7th April 2013

Adult Single

Was Now
£1.15 £1.20
£1.60 £1.70 Best value: £3.00 off-peak return £4.00 FirstDay
£1.85 £1.90 Best value: £3.00/3.45 off-peak return £4.50 FirstDay
£3.15 £3.45 Best value: £4.20 off-peak return £5.50 FirstDay
£4.10 £.4.45 Best value: £4.20 off-peak return £5.50 FirstDay

Young Scotcard Singles will increase by a similar amount but continue to offer a 1/3 discount.

Off-Peak fares available after 9.30am Monday - Friday and all day Saturday & Sunday (excludes Night Services).

Child Single

Was Now
£0.75 £.0.60 REDUCED!

Network Tickets

Was Now
£17.00 £18.50 1 week Network FirstCard
£117.00 £122.00 10 week Network FirstCard
£117.00 £122.00 10 week Network FirstWeek

ALL OTHER TICKET PRICES FROZEN!

PDF
Reguloj por la gvidado de sagxuloj kaj blinda obeemo de malsagxuloj.
busdriver
Second Stripe
Second Stripe

Postby GlasgowMac » Tue May 28, 2013 2:15 am

For the first time in decades I managed to get lost today just by getting on a bloody Glesga First Bus!
Lovely magical mystery tour it was too, what I saw in a route list didn't correspond to where the bus was actually bloody heading in real life. Thanks First Bus! Next time - please lay on some refreshments and some sight seeing commentary for me. ::):

WTF is it with 'First', the bus numbers and routes are all insane now, an example on one bit of a route I discovered: 1a, 1b, 1c, 1d, 1e (see each of their partial route lists below) multiple buses with the same number BUT going to different locations depending on which you choose and where you get on? Also, now on some other routes you have to get on and off multiple buses just to get to a destination that one bus took you to before the change!

Separate number 'One' buses go to -
Balloch -Dumbarton - Clydebank - Scotstoun - Expressway - City Centre
Helensburgh - Dumbarton - Clydebank - Scotstoun - Expressway - City Centre
Drumchapel - Garscadden - Scotstoun - Expressway - City Centre
Balloch - Dumbarton - Clydebank - Scotstoun - Expressway - City Centre
Balloch - Bonhill - Bellsmyre - Clydebank - Scotstoun - Expressway - City Centre

Was the brainbox who came up with this 'brilliant idea' of rearranging the bus numbers and routes tripping on acid or having some sort of mental breakdown at the bloody time? Why not just have only ONE (excuse the pun) bus rather than five that go via those destinations from Helensburgh to City Centre ?

http://www.eveningtimes.co.uk/sites/def ... pdated.pdf even this list is confusing!

http://www.firstgroup.com//ukbus/glasgo ... p_2013.pdf This is also a map that has been conceived definitely under some sort of illegal drug influence, and after today's mystery tour experience - exactly how accurate is the PDF map and the PDF list above on all First's routes?

I was asked by a lovely old couple in their 80's today while waiting at a bus stop - every time a bus approached "Where does that one go son, and that one, and that?" I'm as much in the dark as they are, I just crossed my fingers, hopped on and hoped it's the right one and that it takes me within a few miles of my destination as possible! ::):

Tomorrows challenge for myself, get from Clydebank to East Kilbride on First Bus without accidentally ending up in Ayr, Cumbernauld, Paisley or Edinburgh ! ::): ::): ::):
Lost in Glesga First Buses 'Magical Mystery Tour Revamp' Hell while trying to get hame fer ma dinner!!
GlasgowMac
Just settling in
Just settling in

Postby GlasgowMac » Tue May 28, 2013 2:25 am

gap74 wrote:Don't forget Clockwork Orange. We're always talking about the Clockwork Orange...

At least you know for a fact where it's going, unlike on First Bus! ::): ::): ::): ::): ::):

I like the 'auld tick-tock' been using it for many decades, fastest way to get about the city centre, no traffic jams, no route diversions or renumbering. :D
Lost in Glesga First Buses 'Magical Mystery Tour Revamp' Hell while trying to get hame fer ma dinner!!
GlasgowMac
Just settling in
Just settling in

Postby Dexter St. Clair » Tue May 28, 2013 9:40 pm

GlasgowMac wrote:I like the 'auld tick-tock'

Rhyming slang for wok, walk or cock?
"I before E, except after C" works in most cases but there are exceptions.
Dexter St. Clair
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby HelenD » Tue May 28, 2013 11:02 pm

GlasgowMac wrote:Tomorrows challenge for myself, get from Clydebank to East Kilbride on First Bus without accidentally ending up in Ayr, Cumbernauld, Paisley or Edinburgh ! ::): ::): ::):

The old 66 ran from Mountblow to Calderwood, EK, via EK bus station. They've changed the number to 6. You'll need to see if the route's still the same.
They boil them for 20 of their Earth minutes
HelenD
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby Dexter St. Clair » Tue May 28, 2013 11:13 pm

the 66 has been removed without a replacement. There is a school bus service 6B

Here's your route

"I before E, except after C" works in most cases but there are exceptions.
Dexter St. Clair
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

PreviousNext

Return to Glasgow Chat (Coffee Lounge)