City Foxes

Moderators: John, Sharon, Fossil, Lucky Poet, crusty_bint, Jazza, dazza

Re: City Foxes

Postby Fireman » Sat Mar 22, 2008 10:20 pm

I've seen a few over the last couple of months, one as recently as yesterday on the Blackhill Rd as it shot across the road.

One trotted down Old Dumbarton Rd, beside the Transport Museum bold as you like past the people waiting at its gates. I saw another running across Hyndland Rd, outside Cottiers about 3 o'clock in the afternoon, so they don't appear to be too put off by traffic, or at least this one didn't.

Fireman. :wink:
You can take the man out of Maryhill, but you can't take Maryhill out of the man.
Fireman
Second Stripe
Second Stripe

Postby tobester » Sat Mar 22, 2008 10:26 pm

Probably see a lot about Blackhill Rd/Balmore Rd/Summerson, usually trot over from the cemetary.

Seen a few on Arrochar Dr/Shiskine Dr and about the railway line, suppose its now a sight we'll have to get used to.
tobester
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby nuttytigger » Sat Mar 22, 2008 10:46 pm

i've recently moved to hamilton and when i went out the bad for a fag a fox was looking at me! then when we walked down the street just along from us we seen 2 frogs. scary for me since i used to like on a main road in larkhall :)
nuttytigger
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby Schiehallion » Sun Mar 23, 2008 10:19 am

nuttytigger wrote:i've recently moved to hamilton and when i went out the bad for a fag a fox was looking at me! then when we walked down the street just along from us we seen 2 frogs. scary for me since i used to like on a main road in larkhall :)

Funny, I've never been so scared as the time I found myself on a main road in Larkhall!
Schiehallion
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby Grahame » Sun Mar 23, 2008 11:40 am

Fireman wrote: I saw another running across Hyndland Rd, outside Cottiers about 3 o'clock in the afternoon, so they don't appear to be too put off by traffic, or at least this one didn't.

I've seen two at the same time on Hyndland Street, just down from Cottiers, and they were only about 50 feet apart. It surprised me as I thought they had pretty strict rules about territory.
A friend on Wittingham Drive actually caught one on the stairs inside her house, in a Mexican standoff with her totally freaked cat! :)
Grahame
Second Stripe
Second Stripe

Postby KonstantinL » Mon Mar 24, 2008 10:57 am

There has been a family of foxes living at Airbles Station for quite a few years.

I don't get up early enough now but when I used to work in Glasgow, there would be a lot of people standing on the platform waiting on the 7.30 train and the foxes would saunter up the platform bold as brass past 20 or 30 people!

An adult was knocked down just outside the station about 2 years ago but I've seen cubs every year that I've been here.

The railway platforms are obviously a haven for wildlife. I saw two roe deer at Blantyre station a couple of weeks ago!
KonstantinL
Second Stripe
Second Stripe

Postby Mori » Mon Mar 24, 2008 2:20 pm

This cheeky wee bugger was sitting in the car park of Burger King braehead looking for food.

Flicker

Mori
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby onyirtodd » Mon Mar 24, 2008 2:22 pm

Mori wrote:This cheeky wee bugger was sitting in the car park of Burger King braehead looking for food.

Flicker

You can tell by the expression it'd rather be chased by foxhounds than eat a Burger King.
238 to 127. All in all a good afternoon's work
onyirtodd
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby e2wufos1 » Tue Mar 25, 2008 5:53 pm

When on the train to/from Anniesland via Queen Street high level I see a couple of foxes sitting on the whiskey barrels in the whiskey bond before you come to the tunnel to enter Queen Street.
e2wufos1
Second Stripe
Second Stripe

Postby Blueboy » Wed Mar 26, 2008 5:14 pm

Small fox on my garden wall.
Blueboy
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby Mori » Wed Oct 28, 2009 1:16 pm

ET

Horror as foxes are hunted and killed by thugs

ANIMAL welfare bosses in Glasgow have voiced alarm at an increase in urban foxes being hunted for sport by men with dogs.
The Scottish Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals says the number of barbaric incidents is on the rise and that the hunting of wild animals is moving from the country into the city.
Last week's case of a man fined for repeatedly sending his dog after a fox has highlighted the sick craze. Martin Johnstone admitted deliberately hunting foxes by sending his dog down a hole on wasteland near Southdeen Avenue, Drumchapel in June.
Mori
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby Quality Mince » Wed Oct 28, 2009 6:48 pm

City fox,
loveable urban dweller or four-legged vermin?
Quality Mince
Second Stripe
Second Stripe

Postby nuttytigger » Wed Oct 28, 2009 7:00 pm

We are seeing a lot more foxes where we live, there have been a big increase in the last year
nuttytigger
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby My Kitten » Wed Oct 28, 2009 7:50 pm

I get them up the allotment all the time, really tame buggers.

And they screetch most nights on the railway track.
My Kitten
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby tobester » Wed Oct 28, 2009 8:06 pm

My Kitten wrote:I get them up the allotment all the time, really tame buggers.

And they screetch most nights on the railway track.

Same at hyndland station too.

Theres a nest (or whatever u call it) in the bushes, been waiting for the last train to passenger it, and u see them coming onto the platform looking at you then walking away.
tobester
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

PreviousNext

Return to Glasgow Chat (Coffee Lounge)