BBC Scotland and Glasgow City Council cover up?

Moderators: John, Sharon, Fossil, Lucky Poet, crusty_bint, Jazza, dazza

BBC Scotland and Glasgow City Council cover up?

Postby JayKay » Tue Feb 12, 2008 4:33 pm

There's a cover up afoot in the heart of Glasgow. Either that or someone's deploying some stealth (possibly alien?) technology right under our noses.

The evidence ?

Here's a still from this afternoon's Reporting Scotland news bulletin:

It was obviously a live shot of Glasgow behind the presenter. You could see the little cars crossing the Kingston Bridge.

However, here's a shot of the same stretch of river this afteroon

Differences? How about the big bright yellow crane on the platform/barge working on tehe Squinty Bridge and towering above it

Not there at all according to the BBC.

So there are two possibilities. The work being undertaken is being done under the cover of a high-tech Klingon cloaking device that makes it invisible to the TV camera. Obviously the BBC are in cahoots with the council on this so it doesnt scare off tourists from areas of Scotland less familiar with Glasgow city centre and the Clyde.

The other possibility is of course that the lazy b*ggers at Pacific Quay haven't bothered changing a looped image and presume that the scottish TV licence payers who actually fund the operation are too stupid to actually notice. :wink:

the truth is out there...
*value of posts can go down as well as up.
JayKay
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Re: BBC Scotland and Glasgow City Council cover up?

Postby Schiehallion » Tue Feb 12, 2008 6:29 pm

That Abeer McIntyre would get it but she wants to get her hair back the way it used to be.
Schiehallion
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby bilco8 » Tue Feb 12, 2008 6:57 pm

Woah! A big yellow crane!
Error: Witty comment not found
bilco8
First Stripe
First Stripe

Postby hazy » Tue Feb 12, 2008 7:02 pm

Absolutly shocking. Thats it I,ve canceled the licence fee. Then again I watch TV through my PC so I dont pay one.
Thank you. And why not.
hazy
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby JayKay » Tue Feb 12, 2008 7:38 pm

Schiehallion wrote:That Abeer McIntyre would get it but she wants to get her hair back the way it used to be.

I've always been fond of abeer.

or two.
JayKay
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby dave2 » Wed Feb 13, 2008 12:01 am

hazy wrote:Absolutly shocking. Thats it I,ve canceled the licence fee. Then again I watch TV through my PC so I dont pay one.

Tv licencing can now charge you just for having a PC in the house since it means you can get iplayer... So be careful....

On a related note, IIRc they admitted this from the start - it is blue screen technology....can't remember where I saw it - maybe in a bECTU magazine...
dave2
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby dave2 » Wed Feb 13, 2008 12:02 am

Mind it hurts your eyes less that the strobing electric blue behind the stv guys :)
dave2
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby Sharon » Wed Feb 13, 2008 8:13 am

Are the weather forecasts not shot in a similar way? Sure i recall seeing them being filmed and they were just randomly gesturing at a blue screen.
Beware of yawning dogs.
Sharon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby dave2 » Wed Feb 13, 2008 7:33 pm

Yeah, as are some parts of Torchwood etc. Blue screen acting is one of teh best transferable skills an actor in training who wants to crack Holywood can have these days - it means you are training to act in CGI films etc...
dave2
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby JayKay » Wed Feb 13, 2008 7:44 pm

I think for weather these days it's a green screen they use. Will try to find out why from someone with more technical ability than I have.
JayKay
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby hazy » Wed Feb 13, 2008 8:59 pm

dave2 wrote:
hazy wrote:Absolutly shocking. Thats it I,ve canceled the licence fee. Then again I watch TV through my PC so I dont pay one.

Tv licencing can now charge you just for having a PC in the house since it means you can get iplayer... So be careful....

On a related note, IIRc they admitted this from the start - it is blue screen technology....can't remember where I saw it - maybe in a bECTU magazine...

When I built my big PC I bought a didital TV card. As I had to fill in my details I wrote Antony Blair, London , W1. As i was having a wee laugh to myself the dumb f**K behind the counter just never got it. and asked for house number.
Thank you. And why not.
hazy
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby Bingo Bango » Thu Feb 14, 2008 9:56 am

hazy wrote:
dave2 wrote:

When I built my big PC I bought a didital TV card. As I had to fill in my details I wrote Antony Blair, London , W1. As i was having a wee laugh to myself the dumb f**K behind the counter just never got it. and asked for house number.

Got my monthly tv licensing reminder/bullying notice through the other day. used to be just tv, video and digi/satellite box they wanted to get you on, now its dvd recorder, pc as mentioned above and now the latest one warns about using a mobile phone!

absolute twunts.
Bingo Bango
Second Stripe
Second Stripe

Postby AlanM » Thu Feb 14, 2008 12:25 pm

JayKay wrote:I think for weather these days it's a green screen they use. Will try to find out why from someone with more technical ability than I have.

Its a bit easier to isolate and replace green than blue.

They use the same technology to place club crests & tactical overlays on football pitches without it going over the players
Who needs a six pack....when you've got a keg!!!
AlanM
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby JayKay » Thu Feb 14, 2008 1:48 pm

A State broadcasting apparatchik writes:

Dear Mr Kay

many thanks for your letter. We welcome all comments from our viewers, and are well aware that in these days of diminishing audiences that their opinions are important and we value the contribution that they make to our programme making.

On looking at the evidence you have presented, we can assure you that there is no cover up regarding the Clyde Arc - the bridge you refer to as 'the Squinty'.

We take accusations of "misleading the viewers" seriously and would like to address the issues you raise.

It would be beneath us to involve ourselves in a "High level conspiracy involving visit scotland (sic) and the local cooncil (sic)" I can assure you we have no involvement with the Priory of Zion (if indeed such an organisation exists) and there have been no "late-night hush hush boat trips from (our) end of the Clyde to the secret bunker in RAF mackrahanish (sic)."

Showing episodes of Star Trek does not give us "Insider knowledge of Klingon cloaking technology" as I'm sure you must appreciate given the fictional nature of the programme.

In response to the other points you make, we can assure you that David Robertson's tailor and Jackie Bird's hairdresser are in fact experienced professionals, do not suffer any visual imparement and we are confident they do in fact represent best value in terms of TV licence payers money.

While we welcome your comments, we would like to take the opportunity to remind you that a TV licence is in fact a obligation that extends to all in the UK who own a television set. "Only watch WWF wrestling on Sky" does not free you from this requirement. We have passed your details on to our colleagues in the enforcement department who will contact you in due course and explain your options.

yours in letting nation to speak peace unto nation,

Noj Yakyaj
JayKay
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby Buzby » Thu Feb 21, 2008 3:31 pm

They were 'fun oot' long before the crane arrived - in the dempths of winter they had a sunny background when it was black outside. Never trusted the backdrop after that.
- Raymond
Buzby
First Stripe
First Stripe

Next

Return to Glasgow Chat (Coffee Lounge)