City Deer

Moderators: John, Sharon, Fossil, Lucky Poet, crusty_bint, Jazza, dazza

Re: City Deer

Postby Fat Cat » Sat Sep 22, 2012 5:21 pm

I work in the Royal. We had one in the car park a couple of months ago, just at Castle Street. It was around lunchtime. Poor thing was terrified. It ran off toward Townhead.
Fat Cat
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby bAzTNM » Wed Oct 03, 2012 12:16 pm

Two ones mentioned in Cowlairs Park a page back by me are still there. Getting really big now. Don't seem scared of humans, which is rather worrying.
bAzTNM
Second Stripe
Second Stripe

Postby Socceroo » Wed Oct 03, 2012 2:51 pm

bAzTNM wrote:Two ones mentioned in Cowlairs Park a page back by me are still there. Getting really big now. Don't seem scared of humans, which is rather worrying.

You worry a lot.
Socceroo
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby bAzTNM » Wed Oct 03, 2012 3:12 pm

No wonder. If they walk up to any random, they are likely to get a crossbow between the eyes.
bAzTNM
Second Stripe
Second Stripe

Postby tobester » Wed Oct 03, 2012 5:23 pm

The deer strikes back (sorry for the annoying ad, bloody youtube)

tobester
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby dingdong » Fri Oct 05, 2012 7:48 pm

Not the city BUT last wednesday heading back into Glasgow from Croftamie I was driving past the couple of cottages about a mile before the Queens view carpark there was a very large red deer stag on the road it was on and off the road for more than a mile as it desperatley tried to find a way by the new deer fence that is resticting access to the moor to protect the newly planted trees. Anyone hitting it at speed would be dead it was huge,this new fence seems to have blocked its access on to its traditional moor.
dingdong
First Stripe
First Stripe

Postby Fat Cat » Fri Oct 05, 2012 7:52 pm

dingdong wrote:Not the city BUT last wednesday heading back into Glasgow from Croftamie I was driving past the couple of cottages about a mile before the Queens view carpark there was a very large red deer stag on the road it was on and off the road for more than a mile as it desperatley tried to find a way by the new deer fence that is resticting access to the moor to protect the newly planted trees. Anyone hitting it at speed would be dead it was huge,this new fence seems to have blocked its access on to its traditional moor.

So what's more important - the deer or trees? I know which I choose. C'mon the deer :wink:
Fat Cat
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby dingdong » Sat Oct 06, 2012 8:44 am

DEER...............seems a rather strange thing that a forest is being planted in a place where Glasgow folk go to climb the Whangie and get the view over to Loch Lomond,also stops walkers who walk over the moor towards Drymen.There are also quite a few roe deer around the vet school dalsholm park area.
dingdong
First Stripe
First Stripe

Postby Mori » Sat Nov 10, 2012 4:40 pm

ET

Police vow to snare deer hunters

GANGS who illegally hunt and kill animals in Glasgow have been warned they will have nowhere to hide after police smashed a hunting ring.

The warning came after a 19-year-old man was arrested and charged in connection with illegal deer hunting with dogs on Knightswood Golf Course, as reported in the Evening Times on Thursday.
Officers raided two homes in Knightswood at about 9am. In one property, in Swallow Gardens, they found three skulls belonging to roe deer, an alligator head, two illegal snares and special hunting devices.
They also found an alaunt mastiff and a silica greyhound, which are well known hunting dogs.
The 19-year-old was charged under the Protection Of Wildlife Mammals Act and the Wildlife And Countryside Act.
A report will be sent to the Procurator Fiscal... continues
Mori
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby Alycidon » Sat Nov 10, 2012 7:58 pm

Mori wrote: [The warning came after a 19-year-old man was arrested and charged in connection with illegal deer hunting with dogs on Knightswood Golf Course, as reported in the Evening Times on Thursday.
Officers raided two homes in Knightswood at about 9am. In one property, in Swallow Gardens, they found three skulls belonging to roe deer, an alligator head, two illegal snares and special hunting devices.
They also found an alaunt mastiff and a silica greyhound, which are well known hunting dogs.
The 19-year-old was charged under the Protection Of Wildlife Mammals Act and the Wildlife And Countryside Act.
A report will be sent to the Procurator Fiscal... continues

Where did they catch the alligator, in the Kelvin?? :D
[img]http://www.jhowie.force9.co.uk/emu314carcream.gif[/img]

We must perform a Quirkafleeg!!!!
Alycidon
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby banjo » Sun Nov 11, 2012 12:17 pm

just saying,i have never seen any deer on knightswood golf course.i play there regularly sometimes teeing off at 6.am and have came to the the conclusion that this guy may be getting there before me.
banjo
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby bAzTNM » Tue Dec 18, 2012 7:32 pm

Big squad in Cowlairs Park yesterday. Must have been six all together. Heart warming. Always there.

A team, as of Saturday, are still in the Hamiltonhill Clay Pits. Across the banking from Firhill Stadium.

Two are hanging about the building site at Oatlands, Hutchestown, Polmadie area. One didn't look too good to be honest. Dread to think what's happened to it due to the fact a rather fat fox (you got to see it) prowls around there.

You do spot the odd one in Sighthill Park, normally around the "Stone Circle" area.
bAzTNM
Second Stripe
Second Stripe

Postby bAzTNM » Tue Jan 01, 2013 7:52 pm

Big team in the woodland at Cuningar Loop near to that Tesco in Rutherglen. According to a small sign outside the place, it will be closed from the 9th January to September 2013 for "Safety Reasons". Wonder what will happen to the poor deer?
bAzTNM
Second Stripe
Second Stripe

Postby Fat Cat » Fri Jan 04, 2013 8:18 pm

bAzTNM wrote:Big team in the woodland at Cuningar Loop near to that Tesco in Rutherglen. According to a small sign outside the place, it will be closed from the 9th January to September 2013 for "Safety Reasons". Wonder what will happen to the poor deer?

Sausages, venison burgers....
Fat Cat
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Previous

Return to Glasgow Chat (Coffee Lounge)