Driving in the Dear Green Place.

Moderators: John, Sharon, Fossil, Lucky Poet, crusty_bint, Jazza, dazza

Re: Driving in the Dear Green Place.

Postby DVF » Tue Dec 18, 2007 10:56 pm

BTJustice wrote:One of the guys in the VW club hit a pot hole last week and it did this to his front wheel;
Compensation claim lodged with the cooncil so we will see what happens.

That's the very reason I got me a 4x4.
The hill goes up and down.
DVF
Second Stripe
Second Stripe

Postby BTJustice » Wed Dec 19, 2007 1:18 pm

Hate to tell you, if it did that to his van wheel it would probably have broken something on your 4X4 and sent you into a hedge.
My all new film location website is here;
www.rewoundandfound.com

Check oot ma flickr page;
http://www.flickr.com/photos/route9autos/

For handmade jewellery, go to:
http://www.weegemjo.co.uk
BTJustice
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby John » Sat Dec 29, 2007 4:49 pm

Some charming F£$%&r has put a dent in the door of my car and buggered off. Merry Christmas...... :twisted:
'It's a sad day for capitalism when a man can't fly a midget on a kite over Central Park'
John
-
-

Postby Mori » Sat Apr 26, 2008 8:27 pm

Herald

Speed traps in the dock as judges to rule on legality of cameras

Three High Court judges will rule this summer on an appeal case which could overturn speeding convictions dating back a generation and open the floodgates for compensation running into tens of millions of pounds.

At the heart of the appeal is the alleged failure of the Home Office to follow its own procedures by specifying in law the equipment used for speed traps. Each type of camera or device, whether using radar, laser or other technology, was meant to be tested and then specifically prescribed by name in a Parliamentary Order.

The failure of civil servants to do so could render most of the speeding convictions over the past 19 years unsound, and judges at the Court of Appeal will rule on the test case this summer.
Mori
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby Mori » Mon Apr 28, 2008 11:48 pm

Item 5

LIST OF ROAD INJURY INCIDENT SITES 2008

Purpose of report:
The purpose of this report is to advise Committee of the production of a list of injury
incident sites on Glasgow’s road network with a poor record and its adoption as a basis
for a programme of remedial action.

Recommendations:
I recommend, therefore, that Committee:-
(i) considers the contents of this report;
(ii) notes the use of the list of injury incident sites as the basis for Accident
Investigation and Prevention (AIP) works,
(iii) notes that the list of injury incident sites will be comprehensively reviewed in two
years' time.
Mori
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby crazygray23 » Thu May 01, 2008 3:47 am

talking about the state of roads, peat road just at the junction of silverburn is a disgrace ,those craters have been there since the old centre was around and while the new centre was getting built they had a chance to fix it and didnt ,my suspention takes a battering coming out of the road every day
crazygray23
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby Mori » Mon Jun 16, 2008 11:14 am

Gridlock in Glasgow

THOUSANDS of drivers face five months of delays when a £4.5million improvement programme begins tomorrow on Glasgow's Kingston Bridge.
Council and roads bosses are warning drivers: "Take the train or the bus."
The resurfacing and repair programme is on the Bothwell Street off-ramp, which takes traffic from the South Side into the city centre, and will continue until November 2.
The junction, on one of Europe's busiest river crossings, is used by 10,000 vehicles every day.

TRAFFIC IMPACT
Approaches to Kingston Bridge: 40mph speed limit on approach to Kingston Bridge in both directions
Bothwell Street off-ramp: Closed with diversions in place via North Street and St Vincent Street for city centre traffic.
North Street/St Vincent Street/Newton Street: No left turn into North Street from St Vincent Street
St George's Road/ Woodlands Road: No right turn from St George's Road into Woodlands Road. Improved pedestrian and cycling facilities
St George's Cross: Improved pedestrian facilities. Re-opening of St George's Place to reduce right turns.
Stobcross /Finnieston/ Clydeside Expressway: new traffic control arrangements and CCTV monitoring.
Finnieston Street/ Tunnel Road: new traffic control arrangements and CCTV monitoring.
Newton Street On-Ramp from St Vincent Street: Carriageway re-designed to allow merger of two lanes on the M8 Westbound

GCC

pdf of the routes is here to download
Mori
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby Beavis64 » Mon Jun 16, 2008 11:43 am

The council don't care about the smaller roads, Linthaugh Road in Pollok is another shocking example of council neglection full of pot-holes and shabby repairs.
Beavis64
First Stripe
First Stripe

Postby Anorak » Tue Jun 24, 2008 11:34 am

Where have all the cars gone??....and not a yellow line in sight!

Couldn't believe it when I saw such an endless expanse of empty street.
Anorak
Second Stripe
Second Stripe

Postby Mori » Tue Jun 24, 2008 4:41 pm

you know its a funny thing that after looking at that pic ! i've noticed there is a lot less traffic about over the past few days.. not on the motorways but on the side streets... is it my imagination or has anyone else noticed that ?

Maybe cos the fuel has gone up in price so much people are using their cars less ? :|
Mori
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby samscafeamericain » Tue Jun 24, 2008 4:54 pm

Mori wrote:you know its a funny thing that after looking at that pic ! i've noticed there is a lot less traffic about over the past few days.. not on the motorways but on the side streets... is it my imagination or has anyone else noticed that ?

Maybe cos the fuel has gone up in price so much people are using their cars less ? :|

school run coming to an end as well
'once you can get men to believe in absurdities you can get them to commit atrocities' ....Voltaire
samscafeamericain
Second Stripe
Second Stripe

Postby Mori » Thu Jul 10, 2008 8:38 pm

Am finding that my regular refil of fuel has went up by £10 per week on top of what i usualy put in. :|

Herald

Motorists warned petrol could hit £1.50p a litre

Road users could be paying nearly £1.50p a litre for petrol by the end of the year, a motoring group warned today.

Crude oil price rises could lead to pump prices going up another 20p over the next few months, figures released today by the Institute of Advanced Motorists (IAM) Trust said.

It added that crude oil prices are more than twice those in July 2007, and if rises are sustained the price of petrol will rise to around 140p a litre by the end of the year with diesel (currently around 132p a litre) going up even higher.

And to add to the injury.

Road tax increase 'will hit 9.4m'
An estimated 9.4 million motorists will have to pay more road tax under reforms aimed at punishing "gas-guzzling" vehicles, the government has admitted.

Official estimates say vehicle excise duty will rise for 43% of vehicles made since 2001 - by up to £245 for the most polluting ones - but will fall for 18%.

The AA said the figures, for 2010-11, confirmed "our worst fears", while the Tories said the PM misled Parliament.

No 10 rejected that suggestion and said the aim was to cut carbon emissions.

Environmental groups have urged the government to "stand firm" on plans to raise excise duty.
Mori
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby Sharon » Thu Jul 10, 2008 10:47 pm

and with it go my plans to move out of the sodden clyde valley :(
Beware of yawning dogs.
Sharon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby HollowHorn » Thu Jul 10, 2008 10:55 pm

samscafeamericain wrote:school run coming to an end as well

Yes, that's what's made for the quiet roads, brilliant, innit? :wink:
HollowHorn
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby Mori » Mon Jul 28, 2008 11:11 am

evening times

SAFETY campaigners have launched a hi-tech campaign aimed at young drivers in a bid to save lives.
The cutting-edge approach will see a shocking video streamed to online gaming and social networking websites, and mobile phones in an effort to engage with 17 to 25-year-olds - the group most likely to be killed in an accident.
Figures show 17 young drivers lost their lives in Glasgow last year despite the overall number of casualties falling to its lowest level since 1950.
Road Safety Scotland now plans to use websites such as MySpace and Facebook and the Xbox Live gaming service, as well as Bluetooth technology, to promote its latest campaign.
Mori
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

PreviousNext

Return to Glasgow Chat (Coffee Lounge)