GREEN GLASGOW

Moderators: John, Sharon, Fossil, Lucky Poet, crusty_bint, Jazza, dazza

GREEN GLASGOW

Postby mr moto » Fri Nov 30, 2007 1:01 pm

i am in a state of shock ! glasgow city council doing something worthwhile for once 8) we got these new blue bins today , along with a heavy duty bag to put our recyclable stuff in to to to take out to the bin,s .
mr moto
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Re: GREEN GLASGOW

Postby crusty_bint » Fri Nov 30, 2007 6:54 pm

Great isn't it! :D The two bins my close got furnished with haven't been emptied for nearly three weeks now, and have been full for two of them :roll:
here i go, it's coming for me through the trees
crusty_bint
-
-

Postby onyirtodd » Fri Nov 30, 2007 7:32 pm

crusty_bint wrote:Great isn't it! :D The two bins my close got furnished with haven't been emptied for nearly three weeks now, and have been full for two of them :roll:

I hope they're undercover. Weeks of rain got into mine, swelled the contents and broke the lid on one.
238 to 127. All in all a good afternoon's work
onyirtodd
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby cumbo » Fri Nov 30, 2007 8:24 pm

Escotregen: check out that pair of moaning minnies :|
cumbo
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby HollowHorn » Fri Nov 30, 2007 11:40 pm

::): ::): ::):
HollowHorn
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby onyirtodd » Sat Dec 01, 2007 12:57 am

cumbo wrote:Escotregen: check out that pair of moaning minnies :|

Och, don't slag him/ her. S/he means well.
onyirtodd
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby Marlon » Sat Dec 01, 2007 3:42 pm

I hope you all know that this is just a way of introducing the bin tax, to justify us being forced to pay for our rubbish, like the tv licence people they can go to hell
Marlon
Busy bunny
Busy bunny

Postby bearkit » Sat Dec 01, 2007 11:41 pm

Bin Tax? They can poke that idea - we're already paying it in our council tax. I'm just back from living in Ireland for a bit and the system there was no council tax but pay per use on bins.... 4euro for recycling bin and 8 euro for general waste bin. Each county has slightly different systems. What it does focus the mind on though is much more awareness of what can be put into the cheaper bin!
bearkit
Busy bunny
Busy bunny

Postby crusty_bint » Sun Dec 02, 2007 3:37 pm

hawl! whos moaning??? i'm merely stating facts! :evil: S'arite for folk like you Cumbo, working and playing in Glasgow, taking full advantage of all our services then toddling off hame to pay your rates to some other local authority :twisted:

You annaw HH!
crusty_bint
-
-

Postby BadBoyBear » Sun Dec 02, 2007 5:49 pm

Dont know much about tax but anyway am all for recycling as we use ours shame theres still so much stuff that can be recycled still has to go in normal bin as council aint got facilities to recycle em. I bugged my dad to recycle so hes got the message now :)
BadBoyBear
Busy bunny
Busy bunny

Postby cumbo » Sun Dec 02, 2007 9:47 pm

The problem Crusty is if you charge people for recycling they won't do it they will dump there rubbish anywhere and then its everyones problem!
I pay council tax for property in Glasgow :roll:
cumbo
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby crusty_bint » Mon Dec 03, 2007 12:30 am

I was just saying its great we have the recylcing bins now but not so great that they've been full for 2 weeks and as a result unuseable... and I was only (half) joking about the rates
crusty_bint
-
-

Postby Dugald » Wed Dec 05, 2007 3:59 pm

Marlon wrote:I hope you all know that this is just a way of introducing the bin tax, to justify us being forced to pay for our rubbish, like the tv licence people they can go to hell

What Marlon, is wrong with paying for one's rubbish? If it takes a "bin tax" to finance the collection of rubbish, in all its forms, and it isn't already in effect, then it's high time such a tax was introduced. I find it hard to believe there isn't already such a tax in Glasgow. The collection of rubbish is the responsibility of the city, and since that's an expensive operation, then it has to be paid for.
Dugald
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby onyirtodd » Wed Dec 05, 2007 4:04 pm

Dugald wrote:
Marlon wrote:I hope you all know that this is just a way of introducing the bin tax, to justify us being forced to pay for our rubbish, like the tv licence people they can go to hell

What Marlon, is wrong with paying for one's rubbish? If it takes a "bin tax" to finance the collection of rubbish, in all its forms, and it isn't already in effect, then it's high time such a tax was introduced. I find it hard to believe there isn't already such a tax in Glasgow. The collection of rubbish is the responsibility of the city, and since that's an expensive operation, then it has to be paid for.

Isn't that what the Council Tax is for?
onyirtodd
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby Dugald » Wed Dec 05, 2007 10:35 pm

onyirtodd wrote:
Dugald wrote:

Isn't that what the Council Tax is for?

I'd think Onyirtodd, that one's council tax is one's share in the cost of everything the council has to pay for. If the council pays for having rubbish picked up, then of course, this cost will be spread among the residents of the area serviced by the council. The unfair aspect of this, is that some households create a great deal less rubbish than others, yet have to pay the same portion of their tax towards garbage as those who make a lot more use of the rubbish pick-up. Maybe this pay-as-you-use aspect of Maggie Thacher's poll tax had some merit.
Dugald
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Next

Return to Glasgow Chat (Coffee Lounge)