I have seens Simmy's work

Yes!
63%
No.
37%

Total votes : 54

Re: Simmy's Removals

Postby scottland » Fri Dec 05, 2008 12:57 pm

My friend used simmy a couple of years ago.All was going well until reaching the new flat which was in an enclosed area,the furniture van couldnt get in to park up at the close,simmy and his men had to carry the furniture along the street.Simmy wasnt happy as money had already changed hands and this was extra work. Simmy is an experience.
Aye,well.
scottland
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Re:

Postby big jim » Fri Dec 05, 2008 2:02 pm

YokerBloke wrote:Anyone actually seen his van yet?
Do you think the van has the same hand painted sign on the sides!

his van(s) are all transit lutons :wink:
i know one of his vans.....as its my works old one :wink:
big jim
Second Stripe
Second Stripe

Postby pete_bett » Sat Mar 14, 2009 8:24 pm

Simmy's signs are great! How long before we see one hanging round the duke of Wellington's horse's neck in royal exchange square?! ::):
try flat2flat removals, they're amazing! (I may or may not work for them!)
pete_bett
Just settling in
Just settling in

Postby banjo » Sat Mar 14, 2009 9:13 pm

believe it or not,on one of my wee visits over to rothesay i had a pint with the guy.he has a wee top floor flat over there that was his dads.he spends his free time over there and frequents the argyll arms otherwise known as the gluepot.he gave me one of his business cards.i will try to find it and post it here.he seems a very down to earth ,decent wee glesga guy.i kinda like to think of his way of advertising equates to banksys idea of grafitti being art. ::):
banjo
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby crazygray23 » Sun Mar 15, 2009 12:47 pm

slightly off topic i have seen signs around glasgow advertising `acha removals` with a squiggly line resembling a c**k and balls , funnily i have never seen any vans around glasgow, still makes me chuckle tho.
crazygray23
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby Nemesis » Mon Mar 30, 2009 4:04 pm

crazygray23 wrote:slightly off topic i have seen signs around glasgow advertising `acha removals` with a squiggly line resembling a c**k and balls , funnily i have never seen any vans around glasgow, still makes me chuckle tho.

ACHA Removals is run by a group of Indian Guys, the squiggly line on the signage is actually Hindi writing ::): , ACHA means YES in Hindi.
Nemesis
Just settling in
Just settling in

Postby gingies » Sat Oct 17, 2009 7:31 pm

One of my mates used Simmy's a while ago and said that the sign writing on his van was exactly like his advertising signs. ::): He said he had no problems with them, they were "Brand new".
gingies
Just settling in
Just settling in

Postby glasgowdan » Mon Oct 26, 2009 2:17 pm

Anyone else suspect this thread was started by simmy himself? Even more publicity and all that?

:)

Use happyvanhire, you get a van for 4 hours for £25, get a mate and bob's yer uncle.
glasgowdan
Busy bunny
Busy bunny

Postby Fossil » Mon Oct 26, 2009 7:02 pm

glasgowdan wrote:Anyone else suspect this thread was started by simmy himself? Even more publicity and all that?

:)

Use happyvanhire, you get a van for 4 hours for £25, get a mate and bob's yer uncle.

How Rude
Jazza owns the joint with Sharon. :D
Bum tit tit bum tit tit play yer hairy banjo
Fossil
-
-

Postby Lucky Poet » Mon Oct 26, 2009 7:04 pm

I've never seen the two of them in the same room at once :!:

I smell a conspiracy.
All the world seems in tune on a Spring afternoon, when we're poisoning pigeons in the park.
Lucky Poet
-
-

Postby Bernie » Mon Oct 26, 2009 8:05 pm

He must know the guy from Spectrum properties, he has those trailer advertisements everywhere.
Bernie
Busy bunny
Busy bunny

Postby Dodgecaliber » Fri Oct 30, 2009 8:58 pm

When it comes to ACHA removals, ACHA is or atleast part of the guys second name.

When I sat my HGV driving test he came out on a lesson with me - He's failed his class 2 around 8 times!

I feel sorry for the guy, he's doing his best and cant say a bad word about him.

He has atleast 1 van, a transit luton.

What you get is what you pay for at the end of the day - I own part of a removal company in Glasgow (One of the 9 biggest in Scotland which shall remain nameless) and we use all the best this and that but there is still nothing wrong with a guy who gets his hands dirty to earn a living.

Mind you, without sounding racist I'd imagine the majority of his business is from friends of friends of friends.
Dodgecaliber
Busy bunny
Busy bunny

Postby FALLON31 » Mon Mar 29, 2010 5:27 pm

IVE USED SIMMYS REMOVALS TWO WEEKS AGO IN HAD A BAD EXPERIENCE FROM THEM, RIPPED MY NEW SOFA IN WHEN I CONFRONTED THEM ABOUT IT THEY ALL GOT AGGRESIVE TOWARDS ME IN WAS GOING TO TAKE THE REST OF MY STUFF THEN PUSHED ME ASIDE. I WOULD NEVER USE THEM AGAIN IN WOULD ADVISE OTHER PEOPLE TO THINK AGAIN.
FALLON31
Just settling in
Just settling in

Postby banjo » Mon Mar 29, 2010 6:06 pm

the above post was a party political broadcast by the fallon31 party.sponsored by the fallon31 removal company.
banjo
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby Bankie Boy » Mon Mar 29, 2010 6:21 pm

I think this is a big old wind up. I have never heard of or seen anything about Simmy's removals. Are you lot just taking the p1ss. Proof of existence required (just like UFO's really)
The best things in life aren't things
Bankie Boy
Second Stripe
Second Stripe

PreviousNext

Return to Glasgow Chat (Coffee Lounge)