Still Game...

Moderators: John, Sharon, Fossil, Lucky Poet, crusty_bint, Jazza, dazza

Still Game...

Postby Gus » Thu May 13, 2004 8:03 pm

Am I speaking out of turn, or is 'Still Game' actually very funny? Various other Scottish comedy progs have been 'funny to an extent', including 'Chewin The Fat', but it seems Still Game stands out.

Ned content is splendidly conveyed and the local Glaswegian-Asian retailer is possibly the best character...

Anyone agree, or should I go squirm in a corner and feel ashamed for speaking out ?
Gus
Second Stripe
Second Stripe

Postby Fossil » Thu May 13, 2004 8:17 pm

Totally agree with you Gus it’s a splendid show. The actor who plays the shopkeeper is very good. I think he conveys the Asian/Glasgow accent superbly.

Just one of those classic Scottish show's.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/scotland/tv/chewinthefat/jack_and_victor/still_game/downloads/sound_clips/index.shtml

-Fossil-
Bum tit tit bum tit tit play yer hairy banjo
Fossil
-
-

Postby Gus » Thu May 13, 2004 8:27 pm

Thanks for support Mod Fos. Long may it last, but that may not actually be for that long. I believe it was in the press that the pub used for the 'Clansman' is going to be torn down.........sad.

Just out of interest, are you the guy that works above the shady 'More Store' in Cambuslang, that posted the really old 'for sale' sign? It was a post a while back that I didn't get round to replying to......

G.
Gus
Second Stripe
Second Stripe

Postby Fossil » Thu May 13, 2004 8:35 pm

Gus wrote:.............................Just out of interest, are you the guy that works above the shady 'More Store' in Cambuslang, that posted the really old 'for sale' sign? It was a post a while back that I didn't get round to replying to......

G.

Gus old chap I am not the one you seek, that be Dickyhart.
I was the one who started the topic and posted that sign.
Mr Hart just works near by.....

:arrow: http://www.hiddenglasgow.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=288

-Fossil-
Fossil
-
-

Postby Gus » Thu May 13, 2004 9:03 pm

Hope to receive some sort of feedback from Dickyhart as to use of premises. Seem to remember a 'VERY' short-lived nightclub in that very premises. Then some sort of mobile phone type business........but who really knows what goes on behind closed doors? I'd love to know.

Just out of interest, I have an overwhealmingly bizarre interest in the age of some of the most prolific posters to this group. I will be OLD next year, and I find it interesting WHAT people can remember WHAT. With, or without research.

G.

P.S. I'm not 40 yet, but I'm seriously considering the SUN-LIFE over 50's plan.......it seems so tempting when I see it day after day after day.
Gus
Second Stripe
Second Stripe

Postby Gus » Thu May 13, 2004 9:05 pm

Oh, and yes, Terri McIntyre was very good. No laughter track and very low budget. Second series not so good, but some very fine moments....

G.
Gus
Second Stripe
Second Stripe

Postby Fossil » Thu May 13, 2004 9:08 pm

Gus wrote:Hope to receive some sort of feedback from Dickyhart as to use of premises. Seem to remember a 'VERY' short-lived nightclub in that very premises. Then some sort of mobile phone type business........but who really knows what goes on behind closed doors? I'd love to know.
G.

P.S. I'm not 40 yet, but I'm seriously considering the SUN-LIFE over 50's plan.......it seems so tempting when I see it day after day after day.

It was also a Snooker Hall for a while.

Sun Life. hmmmm....

Do you worry about dying? :(
do you worry that your loved ones won’t be able to cover the cost of your funeral? 8)
well my dad took out an over 50’s life plan with sunlife. :)
premiums start at £8 a month, this will give you a guaranteed lump sum. :P :)
the best thing is you don’t need to undergo a medical check, :twisted: and when he signed up, it didn’t matter if you were a smoker. 8O

this is an excellent idea; it offers you peace of mind. 8)
you know that you’re loved ones can afford to give you a decent send off. :P :(

sun life also offers a number of different, monthly premiums. :)
and also they have a scheme for people under 50. ::):
this is an excellent scheme, and you even get a free gift, :) just for having a look, :o
you get a free parker pen, :(
and when you take out a policy you get a free gift of your choice. typically a £15 marks and spencer voucher 8) or a carriage clock. 8O

also you can pay monthly by direct debit. :?

Vouchers please ::):

-Fossil-
Last edited by Fossil on Thu May 13, 2004 9:21 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Fossil
-
-

Postby Gus » Thu May 13, 2004 9:15 pm

Mod Foss,

If you posted the sign in Cambuslang, then you must be familiar with the shitty area I live in. The bastardised Main Street traffic and the impending demolition of north side of Main Street, which is then going to emmulate the original fu*king buildings that were there pre 60's. I actually live in the much 'classier' area of Cambuslang called Halfway (HOFFWUYY).

Actually, I wish I was dead.
Gus
Second Stripe
Second Stripe

Postby Gus » Thu May 13, 2004 9:18 pm

.......Or could afford to live somewhere nice. But where would that be. ?
Gus
Second Stripe
Second Stripe

Postby Gus » Thu May 13, 2004 9:36 pm

If I was only over 50 and could get my clock or my £5.00 Marks & Spencer voucher, I would be the luckiest person,.... ever. I have another 11 years to go. What do you think we will be offered by then. A face-lift enhancement which has been genetically matched with our youngest relatives (when they were tragically (04's genetically engineered to die in a speed/theft/Ned scenario) killed to my pleasure, sorry, upset.

G.
Gus
Second Stripe
Second Stripe

Postby Gus » Thu May 13, 2004 9:49 pm

Seems I'm on a bit of a rant. It seems a bit confusing how to add some pics to these posts. Nobody has helped. I can link to some of my pics....... http://www.HighwaymenProductions.co.uk

Currently STAGGERED to hear from A TV thing on CH4 about outrageous TV and all this 18:30 utter bullshit. I'm totally surprised the company has allowed STV, (and yes it is the SMG group, Cowcaddens Anyone?) to follow themselves for another year, after all the reeally bad publicity.

I am also an editor, and you can literally crucify someone in a cut.....

Gus.
Gus
Second Stripe
Second Stripe

Postby Gus » Thu May 13, 2004 9:56 pm

Forgot to say you should click on the insignificant 'buttons'
Gus
Second Stripe
Second Stripe

Postby DickyHart » Fri May 14, 2004 9:42 am

id love to tell ya whats behind the doors now gus, but you have to join my 'special club' first. 8O

Just kidding, its a youth club, called Universal Connections, come up and have a look around if you want, its great, we got recording studios and everything. gies a wee pm and ill arrange a look aboot fur ye :)
Is this gonna be a standup fight, sir, or another bughunt?
DickyHart
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby DickyHart » Fri May 14, 2004 9:44 am

I might even let you see the secret tunnel into 'The More Store' im no lying about the tunnel by the way.
Is this gonna be a standup fight, sir, or another bughunt?
DickyHart
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby Gus » Fri May 14, 2004 10:38 am

Sounds great dicky. Quite busy at the moment, but will try and get round to it.

Cheers.

Gus.
Gus
Second Stripe
Second Stripe

Next

Return to Glasgow Chat (Coffee Lounge)