Carling TV advert

Moderators: John, Sharon, Fossil, Lucky Poet, crusty_bint, Jazza, dazza

Postby scotia47 » Wed May 12, 2004 10:11 pm

crusty_bint wrote:There was also a Sony PS2 ad filmed in Sighthill a while back... anyone see it?

Weren't those ads for the Nokia N-Gage?
scotia47
Second Stripe
Second Stripe

Postby crusty_bint » Thu May 13, 2004 10:20 am

scotia47 wrote:Weren't those ads for the Nokia N-Gage?

It was actually... well remembered :oops:
here i go, it's coming for me through the trees
crusty_bint
-
-

Postby AMcD » Thu May 13, 2004 11:02 am

For those of you who haven't seen the advert...
http://www.carling.co.uk/campaign/football01/index.cfm

It would seem it's filmed all over Glasgow.. SECC Railway walkway as well.
AMcD
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby martin » Thu May 13, 2004 11:15 am

rank_bajin wrote:The Virgin Radio adverts featuring that a***hole from Coldplay are filmed in Glasgow (only seen them at the pictures). Kelvin Court is in there as well as bits of Partick?

It seems to be Glasgow, Edinbugh and Blackpool in those ones - I'm guessing they have different regional variations.
martin
Second Stripe
Second Stripe

Postby helsinki » Thu May 13, 2004 1:42 pm

Dr_lightning do please tell us more stories. Yous actors are just full of the banter ::):
helsinki
Busy bunny
Busy bunny

Postby DMcNay » Thu May 13, 2004 1:55 pm

helsinki wrote:Dr_lightning do please tell us more stories. Yous actors are just full of the banter ::):

I don't think you're ready for them.....
DMcNay
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby Gus » Thu May 13, 2004 8:45 pm

Dear Dr

I've always wondered what 'Non-Doctor' meant in my Dad's magazines when I was young. Can you shed any light on this as I am now old, and feel embarrassed that I don't know. Mum would never tell me........

Did you get the PM I sent about that C*ck su*king T*ss Pot, brown-nosing "I can only play one part", pi*s poor actor McCafferty? Thought it might be better to discuss privately, but no reply....
Are you the 'Bent' cemetry person?

Gus.

(I believe I am required to point out by LAW that there are many equally poor actors available)
Gus
Second Stripe
Second Stripe

Postby Fossil » Thu May 13, 2004 9:05 pm

Gus wrote:Dear Dr

I've always wondered what 'Non-Doctor' meant in my Dad's magazines when I was young. Can you shed any light on this as I am now old, and feel embarrassed that I don't know. Mum would never tell me...............................Gus.............................

I am not a doctor.

I on the other hand enjoy the company of nurses.

Gus, even though I am un-qualified this could be the answer to you
"Non Doctor" embarrassment.
http://www.worldrtd.net/news/world/?id=585

-Fossil-
Bum tit tit bum tit tit play yer hairy banjo
Fossil
-
-

Postby DMcNay » Fri May 14, 2004 5:34 am

Gus wrote:Dear Dr

I've always wondered what 'Non-Doctor' meant in my Dad's magazines when I was young. Can you shed any light on this as I am now old, and feel embarrassed that I don't know. Mum would never tell me........

Did you get the PM I sent about that C*ck su*king T*ss Pot, brown-nosing "I can only play one part", pi*s poor actor McCafferty? Thought it might be better to discuss privately, but no reply....
Are you the 'Bent' cemetry person?

Gus.

(I believe I am required to point out by LAW that there are many equally poor actors available)

No, never got it. Please try and send again, I always enjoy hearing about that wee pr*ck.

BTW, I'm not actually a doctor. The nickname has a LOOONNNG story....
DMcNay
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby Kirsty » Fri May 14, 2004 12:14 pm

I didn't realise I was mixing with such thespians!!
Haw big man gies yer autograph fur ma maw!! ::):

Kirsty
Kirsty
Second Stripe
Second Stripe

Postby deebers » Fri Sep 10, 2004 6:54 pm

I was in that Carling Beer advert.

It was filmed on 16-18 January. I believe it was a record breaking advert with the most extras etc. I got the job through United Casting.

It was freezing cold and the directors were pleading for more women to run around in just their bras! Nothing was really explained properly and a lot of people were pissed off.

There was a scene filmed in an office block (my first day) where we were office workers running down a glass walled stairwell while stripping! That scene wasn't used - and I was really pissed off about that cos I looked quite smart for a change!

My second day was in Cadogan Street where we all had to run down that hill chasing a bloody ball! There were proper footballers at the front so I never got my foot near it. Every time "cut" was called, all the topless people had to wrap themselves in that tinfoil stuff you wear after running a marathon. It was weird seeing delicate old men and women walking around topless - I was really worried they would get hypothermia! And then the second half of the day was the goal-scoring in front of Anderston Carpark.

Truth is - I've never been so cold and tired in my whole life until that day. They had us waiting in the hotel from 6am and never called anyone out until 11am because it wasn't light enough to film outside!

Strange day - and I hate the bloody music that accompanies the ad!
Ehhh... cool. Whatever you say, I'm sorry. You're the man. The dude in the chair.
View my Blog
deebers
Second Stripe
Second Stripe

Previous

Return to Glasgow Chat (Coffee Lounge)