Mandela Statue

Moderators: John, Sharon, Fossil, Lucky Poet, crusty_bint, Jazza, dazza

Postby wee mo » Tue Apr 24, 2007 6:16 pm

Field Marshall Shug wrote:I would like the Krankies to be put in cryptocryonic-suspension ala Han Solo in Jabba the Hut's palace.

Aye, it surely wouldnae cost much to immortalise wee Jimmy/Jeanette. Even better if there was a loudspeaker beside the statue playing their classic version of David Bowie's "Starman".
wee mo
Just settling in
Just settling in

Postby Dunderheid » Tue Apr 24, 2007 6:45 pm

Field Marshall Shug wrote:I would like the Krankies to be put in cryptocryonic-suspension ala Han Solo in Jabba the Hut's palace.

I've just remembered there's a spare statue of Wee Jimmy Krankie kicking about.

Remember that statue of Ted Bates that was in the news a few weeks back!!

http://football.guardian.co.uk/News_Story/0,,2042357,00.html

At least you'll never be a vegetable - even artichokes have hearts.
Dunderheid
Busy bunny
Busy bunny

Postby Field Marshall Shug » Wed Apr 25, 2007 4:31 pm

I saw the Krankies doing 'Starman.' I kinda immortalise them for that alone.

As for Paladin - I always get confused because it was just a lamp, wasn't it? There was a dog called Rusty? But seriously, Glen was just talking to a lamp? Is he even still alive? Let's do a chap-door-run on him.

With regards statues I must admit to being somewhat embarrassed as I can think of few great Glaswegians. There are loads off course, but they are not spilling off the tounge. For example, who is Glasgow's great writer or artist?
Field Marshall Shug
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Location: Listening to Strawberry Switchblade on a burst sofa.

Postby Dunderheid » Wed Apr 25, 2007 7:36 pm

Field Marshall Shug wrote:As for Paladin - I always get confused because it was just a lamp, wasn't it? There was a dog called Rusty? But seriously, Glen was just talking to a lamp? Is he even still alive? Let's do a chap-door-run on him.

The Krankies do Starman.

I believe he is very much alive and well. Let's hope STV use him for the 50th anniversary stuff later this year. That's if STV do 50th anniversary stuff later this year!!

Technically Glen Michael was talking to himself as he did the voice of Paladin!!

In fact now that I think about it he isn't even Scottish never mind Glaswegian!! His real name is Cecil Buckland!!
http://www.eveningtelegraph.co.uk/output/2004/01/19/letters.shtm
At least you'll never be a vegetable - even artichokes have hearts.
Dunderheid
Busy bunny
Busy bunny

Previous

Return to Glasgow Chat (Coffee Lounge)