Kelvin Park Lorne Hotel

Moderators: John, Sharon, Fossil, Lucky Poet, crusty_bint, Jazza, dazza

Re: Kelvin Park Lorne Hotel

Postby aland » Sun Feb 15, 2009 3:03 pm

that place had to be one of the wost hotels in glasgow, had the misfortune of using it back in 2003, beds were about 5' long, heating was either freezing or roasting, breakfast was boggin

made the charing cross hotel look good
aland
Second Stripe
Second Stripe

Postby ahhhh » Sun Feb 15, 2009 3:16 pm

Jees, there are some buildings I wouldn't set foot in just based on the way they look from the outside, this was definitely one of them. I feel genuinely sorry for you that you had to take the risk ;)
ahhhh
Busy bunny
Busy bunny

Postby ijyoung » Thu Mar 19, 2009 10:20 am

The Hotel is definitely scheduled to reopen early summer 2009 under the name of Lorne Hotel.
This will be pitched at the luxury end of market and will include a separate restaurant - Bukharah - which will give a new twist to Indian cuisine. See http://www.bukharah.com and cocktail bar - Bilberry - http://www.bilberrybar.com.

There will be 112 stylish and luxury contemporary bedrooms and suites at the new Lorne Hotel and this will bring a class act back to the West End

Watch this space.

Cheers
ijyoung
Busy bunny
Busy bunny

Postby enailer » Wed Apr 01, 2009 1:28 pm

Do you think they will do something about the bed bugs that infested the place when it was opened 8O
Lookin out through a Whisky coloured haze
enailer
First Stripe
First Stripe

Postby ijyoung » Wed Apr 01, 2009 1:44 pm

enailer wrote:Do you think they will do something about the bed bugs that infested the place when it was opened 8O

Now that was a long time ago and as hardy as bed bugs are, I doubt if they live that long.
Any plans that I have seen suggest that it will be distinctly classier than anything it was before. The GM of the hotel is ex Dakota so it will be worth looking at. Restaurant and Bar are scheduled to open May. I would give the names but I could be accused of advertising.

Go check it out yourself, it is Googleable.

Cheers

Ian
ijyoung
Busy bunny
Busy bunny

Postby dimairt » Wed Apr 08, 2009 10:20 pm

Health and Safety alert at the Kelvin Park Lorne Hotel today.

Le durachd,
Eddy

dimairt
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby Dave » Wed Apr 08, 2009 10:23 pm

Where is that guys hi-vis jacket. Shocking abuse of H&S
A successful man is one who can lay a firm foundation with the bricks others have thrown at him.
www.davehouston.co.uk
Dave
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby john4703 » Sun Apr 12, 2009 9:06 pm

deevlash wrote:As a hotel I asked my dad who once stayed there on business and he said it was an utter dive and one of the worst hotels he's ever stayed in.

I went there for two days of training with a group from my work. We did not stay overnight. The lunches were disgusting. The food was not ready at the agreed time the first day and the second day it was cold. It took ages to serve everyone so we only managed to get the first course as there were speakers booked for set times so we had to go back to the training.
My general impression was that it was totally run down.

It would be good to see it all renovated and reopened under decent management as the location is good.
john4703
Just settling in
Just settling in

Postby scaryman2u » Mon Apr 13, 2009 12:53 am

dimairt wrote:Health and Safety alert at the Kelvin Park Lorne Hotel today.

Le durachd,
Eddy

Jailbait, wit they gonna dae wen they get tae the windae ?
scaryman2u
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby cumbo » Thu Aug 13, 2009 8:16 am

loved this review translated from Japanese
was a single room. 部屋の広さは普通で、バスタブもあり、湯量等も問題がなかったのですが、最初に指定された部屋は、掃除がされていない使ったままの部屋でした。 The size of the room is usually in the bath, I had no other problems湯量, specified in the first room, the room could not be used without cleaning. すぐにレセプションに戻り、状況を伝えると、部屋を交換してくれましたが、ちょっと? Immediately returned to reception and give the situation a lot to replace the room a bit? ? ? ? ? でした。 Was. 朝食もスコットランドの他の都市の同程度のホテルと比較すると劣ると思います。 And inferior when compared to similar hotels in other cities in Scotland and breakfast. (コンチネンタルと思えば悪くはないのですが。) (Bad if you want to, but Continental.)
地下駐車場はセキュリティーがしっかりしてそうでしたが、出入り口が非常に狭く、フォードフォーカスでも慎重に出入庫しました。 Underground parking was not a good security, very narrow entrance, but carefully stocked the Ford Focus. 中心部へも少し歩かなければいけないことを考えると、あまりお薦めできないかも。 Given the need to walk a little to the center, might not miss much. ホテルの向かいや裏通りにも飲食店などありますが、地元の騒々しい方々で占領されていて、ちょっと旅行者には危なそうな雰囲気でした。 There are also restaurants and other places across the street and the hotel's bustling new locals who are being occupied, the trip was so dangerous atmosphere.

This review is the subjective opinion of an individual traveller and not of TripAdvisor LLC nor of its partners. This review is the subjective opinion of an individual traveller and not of TripAdvisor LLC nor of its partners.

Book this hotel on Apple World Book this hotel on Apple World

cumbo
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby kitcat » Thu Aug 27, 2009 7:58 pm

opened now :)
kitcat
Just settling in
Just settling in

Postby lus22 » Sun Aug 30, 2009 12:31 pm

seems some people don't like opinions posted eh?
lus22
Busy bunny
Busy bunny

Postby Josef » Sun Aug 30, 2009 12:45 pm

lus22 wrote:seems some people don't like opinions posted eh?

Oh, do you have opinions? Feel free to post them. If they involve the current availability of rooms at the Kelvin Park Lorne Hotel, the exceptionally reasonable rates for said rooms and the scarcely-credible quality and value for money afforded by the top-class restaurant therein, they will of course hit the spam bucket.
Josef
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby dazza » Sun Aug 30, 2009 10:11 pm

It certainly didn't look open when I walked past on Friday. The restaurant, yes... but reception and the whole of the old part still looked like a building site.
dazza
-
-

Postby tommytank » Mon Aug 31, 2009 12:02 am

Walked by today, restaurant looked chocka full. Probably got that opened as soon as poss to generate revenue and reputation. Anyone sampled it yet?
Hell, even a broken clock is right twice a day!
tommytank
Second Stripe
Second Stripe

PreviousNext

Return to Glasgow Chat (Coffee Lounge)