Inability - westend drivers striving for new grocers

Moderators: John, Sharon, Fossil, Lucky Poet, crusty_bint, Jazza, dazza

Inability - westend drivers striving for new grocers

Postby MungoDundas » Sat Dec 23, 2006 12:11 am

Hi there, stop me when I'm going wide of the mark...

What's the story at the former Partick goods sidings – now that Durham Pine at Crow Rd Retail Park has become a Marks & Spencers Food Shop - there is to be seen today a resulting: Traffic & Parking Chaos!

Don't notice any traffic nightmare at Bowling BP Filling Station's or Bearsden's Simply Food – so does that mean it's merely Crow Roaders that can't drive? - this morning it was starting to get absurd.

What's so wrong with Lidl Linthouse and Kwik Save Cardonald just through the tunnel - been there for ages and no jams noticed.

If Anniesland B&Q becomes an Aldi should we expect similar traffic chaos?

Cya,
MCW
MungoDundas
Second Stripe
Second Stripe

Re: Inability - westend drivers striving for new grocers

Postby onyirtodd » Sat Dec 23, 2006 12:13 am

MungoDundas wrote:Hi there, stop me when I'm going wide of the mark...

What's the story at the former Partick goods sidings – now that Durham Pine at Crow Rd Retail Park has become a Marks & Spencers Food Shop - there is to be seen today a resulting: Traffic & Parking Chaos!

Don't notice any traffic nightmare at Bowling BP Filling Station's or Bearsden's Simply Food – so does that mean it's merely Crow Roaders that can't drive? - this morning it was starting to get absurd.

What's so wrong with Lidl Linthouse and Kwik Save Cardonald just through the tunnel - been there for ages and no jams noticed.

If Anniesland B&Q becomes an Aldi should we expect similar traffic chaos?

Cya,
MCW

Lidl Linthouse and Kwik Save Cardonald are both south of the river :cry:
238 to 127. All in all a good afternoon's work
onyirtodd
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby AlanM » Sat Dec 23, 2006 9:10 am

That wee retail park has always been a nightmare. The parking spaces are too narrow so you need to shuttle backwards and forwards to get in or out of a space and nobody pays any attention to the one way system in there either.
Who needs a six pack....when you've got a keg!!!
AlanM
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby Sharon » Sat Dec 23, 2006 10:44 am

It's always been bad at weekends, and at xmas crow road no longer exists at that point! Really there should be no retail park there, or at least no car parking as the roads clearly cannot cope with the traffic.
Sharon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Pgcc93 » Sat Dec 23, 2006 1:56 pm

If you think Crow Road retail park is bad just imagine what it'll be like if the Tesco Superstore gets the go ahead at Partick Cross.
Pgcc93
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby retired tiger » Sat Dec 23, 2006 3:22 pm

Pgcc93 wrote:If you think Crow Road retail park is bad just imagine what it'll be like if the Tesco Superstore gets the go ahead at Partick Cross.

Probably my main reason for objecting to it. I see Partick Cross to Hayburn Street via Beith Street becoming one big traffic jam.
retired tiger
Second Stripe
Second Stripe

Postby onyirtodd » Sat Dec 23, 2006 4:36 pm

retired tiger wrote:
Pgcc93 wrote:If you think Crow Road retail park is bad just imagine what it'll be like if the Tesco Superstore gets the go ahead at Partick Cross.

Probably my main reason for objecting to it. I see Partick Cross to Hayburn Street via Beith Street becoming one big traffic jam.

It's not far off that at the moment.
238 to 127. All in all a good afternoon's work
onyirtodd
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby peter » Sat Dec 23, 2006 6:28 pm

I worked there for 8 years and it just seemed to get worse. Even staff are having problems as there is now a max 2hr stay at Sainsbury. Also the building of new flats on site of tyre place opposite causes lots of delays. The worst was last week I tried to get onto Crow rd but some Fud had parked right on the corner at McDonalds making it impposible to exit park without pulling out into middle of the road. Better goin to Drumchapel loads of space.
"I've seen them come and I've seen them go. And I've seen them Die"
peter
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby tobester » Sat Dec 23, 2006 7:16 pm

or go to Tesco St Rollox, Asda Bearsden, Tesco Milngavie, Tesco Coatbridge, Asda Coatbridge

BUT boycott Morrisons, theyre bully-boys to staff.
tobester
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby Delmont St Xavier » Sat Dec 23, 2006 9:00 pm

Or park elsewhere and walk....
Delmont St Xavier
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby aliferste » Sun Dec 24, 2006 10:35 am

peter wrote:I worked there for 8 years and it just seemed to get worse. Even staff are having problems as there is now a max 2hr stay at Sainsbury. Also the building of new flats on site of tyre place opposite causes lots of delays. The worst was last week I tried to get onto Crow rd but some Fud had parked right on the corner at McDonalds making it impposible to exit park without pulling out into middle of the road. Better goin to Drumchapel loads of space.

Yup, looks a hive of activity in that photo ::):
aliferste
Second Stripe
Second Stripe

Postby Flyingscot » Fri Dec 29, 2006 6:43 pm

tobester wrote:or go to Tesco St Rollox, Asda Bearsden, Tesco Milngavie, Tesco Coatbridge, Asda Coatbridge

BUT boycott Morrisons, theyre bully-boys to staff.

And you think Tesco are much better? I knew an assistant manager at Tesco who was embarressed at the way the company treated it's employees. Supermarkets are all crap to work for IMHO, glad I got out when I could.
Flyingscot
Second Stripe
Second Stripe

Postby allyharp » Fri Dec 29, 2006 11:22 pm

I find everything about Morrisons dire to be honest so never go there unless I'm stuck. The uniforms are horrible and the stores all look drab in their yellow and black pish, the one in Partick has far more overweight checkout staff than I've ever seen, the prices aren't as good as Asda or Tesco and the quality of most the own-brand stuff seems to be pretty poor. That's a shame because Safeway was pretty good for most things except price.
allyharp
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby Shuggie » Fri Dec 29, 2006 11:26 pm

allyharp wrote:I find everything about Morrisons dire to be honest so never go there unless I'm stuck. The uniforms are horrible and the stores all look drab in their yellow and black pish, the one in Partick has far more overweight checkout staff than I've ever seen, the prices aren't as good as Asda or Tesco and the quality of most the own-brand stuff seems to be pretty poor. That's a shame because Safeway was pretty good for most things except price.
Safeway treated their staff quite well too, well better than Morrisons anyway :roll:

(I know tobester has kind of said that already but I just wanted to reiterate the point!)
Shuggie
Second Stripe
Second Stripe

Postby cleverdic » Sat Dec 30, 2006 12:11 am

allyharp wrote:I find everything about Morrisons dire to be honest so never go there unless I'm stuck. The uniforms are horrible and the stores all look drab in their yellow and black pish, the one in Partick has far more overweight checkout staff than I've ever seen, the prices aren't as good as Asda or Tesco and the quality of most the own-brand stuff seems to be pretty poor. That's a shame because Safeway was pretty good for most things except price.

Hoi allyharp, stop the personal stuff. Have a go at the supermarket by all means but don't attack the staff at Partick. Apart from your statement about the staff being absolutely untrue, it is the height of bad manners to make general accusations like that. It's like me saying that most people from Bearsden are all stuck up gobshites.

Shuggie,
Unfortunately you are right, Morrisons is not a patch on Safeway.
cleverdic
Just settling in
Just settling in

Next

Return to Glasgow Chat (Coffee Lounge)