Most violent streets in Glasgow

Moderators: John, Sharon, Fossil, Lucky Poet, crusty_bint, Jazza, dazza

Postby LostSoul » Thu Oct 26, 2006 10:42 am

HollowHorn wrote:
LostSoul wrote:That's right c**tybaws, like not living in Paisley....

Dinnae fash yirsel, shorty, Wee Nugget has an even wee'er cock than you, so it's no aw bad news, stumpy. :wink:

It worries me that you seem to have statistical knowledge of the male forum users length and girth (i'm assuming you must have girth data since you've already mentioned length). This must mean one of two things, either you are a fantasist who imagines the pecker, sorry....pecking order of the forum, or you are a peeping tom who frequents residential areas at night trying to get a squint at us HG members as we slip into bed.

Either way, you've got issues. Maybe you should go speak to someone about it. :wink:
FIR F**K'S SAKE....S E A R C H
LostSoul
First Stripe
First Stripe

Postby HollowHorn » Thu Oct 26, 2006 9:52 pm

LostSoul wrote:HG members as we slip into bed.

Oooo, I like the sound of that, slip, what a sexy word! Conjures up thoughts of silk sheets & satin jimjams 8)
HollowHorn
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby LostSoul » Fri Oct 27, 2006 3:20 pm

HollowHorn wrote:
LostSoul wrote:HG members as we slip into bed.

Oooo, I like the sound of that, slip, what a sexy word! Conjures up thoughts of silk sheets & satin jimjams 8)

Alternatively, what about a banana skin on the floor next to the bed ?
FIR F**K'S SAKE....S E A R C H
LostSoul
First Stripe
First Stripe

Postby HollowHorn » Tue Oct 31, 2006 1:06 am

HollowHorn
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby HollowHorn » Tue Oct 31, 2006 1:37 am

Do you feel old?
According to today's regulators and bureaucrats, those of us who were kids in the 60's, 70's and early 80's probably shouldn't have survived, because...

Our baby cots were covered with brightly coloured lead-based paint, which was promptly chewed and licked.

We had no child-proof lids on medicine bottles, or latches on doors or cabinets and it was fine to play with pans.

When we rode ourbikes, we wore no helmets, just flip-flops and fluorescent 'spokey dokey's' on our wheels.

As children, we would ride in cars with no seat belts or air bags, riding in the passenger seat was a treat.

We drank water from the garden hose and not from a bottle and it tasted the same.

We ate chips, bread and butter pudding and drank fizzy juice with sugar in it, but we were never overweight because we were always outside playing.

We shared one drink with four friends, from one bottle or can and no one actually died from this.

We would spend hours building go-carts out of scraps and then went top speed down the hill, only to find out we forgot the brakes.

After running into stinging nettles a few times, we learned to solve the problem.

We would leave home in the morning and could play all day, as long as we were back before it got dark. No one was able to reach us and no one minded.

We did not have Play stations or X-Boxes, no video games at all.

No 99 channels on TV, no videotape movies, no surround sound, no mobile phones, no personal computers, no DVDs, no Internet chat rooms. we had friends - we went outside and found them.

We played elastics and rounders, and sometimes that ball really hurt!

We fell out of trees, got cut, and broke bones but there were no lawsuits.

We had full on fistfights but no prosecution followed from other parents.

We played knock-on-the-door-and-run-away and were actually afraid of the owners catching us.

We walked to friends' homes. We also, believe it or not, WALKED to school; we didn't rely on mummy or daddy to drive us to school, which was just round the
corner.

We made up games with sticks and tennis balls.

We rode bikes in packs of 7 and wore our coats by only the hood.

The idea of a parent bailing us out if we broke a law was unheard of...They actually sided with the law.

This generation has produced some of the best risk-takers and problem solvers and inventors, ever.

The past 50 years have been an explosion of innovation and new ideas.

We had freedom, failure, success and responsibility, and we learned how to deal with it all.

And you're one of them. Congratulations!

Pass this on to others who have had the luck to grow as real kids, before lawyers and government regulated our lives, for our own good.

For those of you who aren't old enough, thought you might like to read about us!

This my friends, is surprisingly frightening, and it might put a smile on your face: The majority of students in universities today were born in 1986. They are called youth. They have never heard of "We are the World", "We are the children", and the Uptown Girl they know is by West life not Billy Joel.They have never heard of Rick Astley, Bananarama, Nena Cherry or Belinda Carlisle. For them, there has always been only one Germany and one Vietnam. AIDS has existed since they were born. CD's have existed since they were born. Michael Jackson has always been white. To them John Travolta has always been round in shape and they can't imagine how this fat guy could be a god of dance. They believe that Charlie's Angels and Mission Impossible are Films from last year. They can never imagine life before computers. They'll never have pretended to be the A Team, Red-Hand Gang or the Famous Five. They'll never have applied to be on "Jim'll Fix It" or "Why Don'tYou". They can't believe a black and white television ever existed. And they will never understand how we could leave the house without a mobile phone.

Now let's check if we're getting old...

1. You understand what was written above and you smile.

2. You need to sleep more, usually until the afternoon, after a night out.

3. Your friends are getting married/already married.

4. You are always surprised to see small children playing comfortably with computers.

5.When you see teenagers with mobile phones, you shake your head.

6. You remember watching Dirty Den in East-Enders the first time around..

7. You meet your friends from time to time, talking about the good old days, repeating again all the fun you have experienced together.

I think that I've just outfranked Frank.
::):
HollowHorn
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby Afro_Glaswegian » Sun Nov 05, 2006 7:11 pm

u HG guys really have a downer on kids of 2day dont u? :) we dont live that much of an anethetised lifestyle as ud like 2 believe. speaking from a child born in2 the 90s perspective, kids are kids. we've done most of the stuff u guys did back in the stone age. and a whole lot more. the whole over protective parenting issue is 2 blame 4 any kid not getting out there in2 the world and running himself 2 a stand still. its more of a middle class problem.
defeat is only temporary, giving up makes it permanent.
Afro_Glaswegian
Busy bunny
Busy bunny

Postby Josef » Sun Nov 05, 2006 8:11 pm

Afro_Glaswegian wrote:u HG guys really have a downer on kids of 2day dont u? :) we dont live that much of an anethetised lifestyle as ud like 2 believe. speaking from a child born in2 the 90s perspective, kids are kids. we've done most of the stuff u guys did back in the stone age. and a whole lot more. the whole over protective parenting issue is 2 blame 4 any kid not getting out there in2 the world and running himself 2 a stand still. its more of a middle class problem.

I think HH's post was a gentle jibe against the generation in question rather than a criticism of the younger one, AG. Although I can understand if you are feeling slightly paranoid after recent threads :) .

But surely, HH, it should be
3. Your friends are getting married again?
Josef
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby HollowHorn » Sun Nov 05, 2006 9:11 pm

Josef wrote:But surely, HH, it should be
3. Your friends are getting married again?

Sadly, all too troo.

A_G, gonnae quit it wi the text speak :twisted:
HollowHorn
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby nuttytigger » Sun Nov 05, 2006 10:22 pm

i was born in 1984 and i actually done most of the things on HH top list. granted i've not heard of some of the things that "youths" have.

i used to go out to play as soon as it was light and come in when it was dark. i had a SNES, T.V and video recorder in my room but was only ever used in winter nights and if it was raining
nuttytigger
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby HollowHorn » Sun Nov 05, 2006 11:06 pm

nuttytigger wrote:i had a SNES, T.V and video recorder in my room but was only ever used in winter nights and if it was raining

This is why you have turned out to be the well adjusted individual that you most obviously are. :P
HollowHorn
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby nuttytigger » Sun Nov 05, 2006 11:48 pm

dunno if thats sarcasm or not :).

cant believe how much things have changed since i was wee, and its only about 15 years since i started going out to play :)
nuttytigger
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby HollowHorn » Sun Nov 05, 2006 11:51 pm

nuttytigger wrote:dunno if thats sarcasm or not :)

Not at all, NT. Not at all :wink:
HollowHorn
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby Afro_Glaswegian » Mon Nov 06, 2006 4:25 pm

A_G, gonnae quit it wi the text speak

Shakespearean English suit u better Hollowhorn 8)

P.S- GO SNES!
defeat is only temporary, giving up makes it permanent.
Afro_Glaswegian
Busy bunny
Busy bunny

Postby nuttytigger » Mon Nov 06, 2006 4:40 pm

I still have my SNES in perfect working order - all rigged up to the telly just now :D - dont need any of your ps3 etc - give me a good game of Super Mario AllStars!
nuttytigger
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby Mori » Mon Nov 06, 2006 5:01 pm

Trailer of the 1996 movie Small Faces glamorizing violence in the city.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0114474/trailers-screenplay-E17008-10-2

Mori
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

PreviousNext

Return to Glasgow Chat (Coffee Lounge)