Let me throw this into the mix-

http://badpsychics.com/badghosts/modules/news/

http://badpsychics.com/thefraudfiles/modules/news/

A lot of interesting reading & viewing on those. :wink:
The_Clincher
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby Osiris » Mon Jun 04, 2007 10:21 am

Great links Clincher, 'bout time someone injected a bit of rationality into this thread!
Me transmitte sursum, caledoni
Osiris
Second Stripe
Second Stripe

Postby cozycoupe » Mon Jun 04, 2007 1:08 pm

Early/Mid 80's I worked in 13 Bath street on the top floor, it belonged to GGHB at that time. My office was working overtime one Sunday morning and we heard people walking around underneath us (wages department) on what sounded like a wooden floor.....no one was in the building apart from us, and the floors were all carpeted underneath our office........
Needless to say we left very quickly and no overtime got done that day!!
8O
Cheers all
Cozy Coupe
cozycoupe
First Stripe
First Stripe

Postby scallopboy » Mon Jun 04, 2007 1:39 pm

cozycoupe wrote:Early/Mid 80's I worked in 13 Bath street on the top floor, it belonged to GGHB at that time. My office was working overtime one Sunday morning and we heard people walking around underneath us (wages department) on what sounded like a wooden floor.....no one was in the building apart from us, and the floors were all carpeted underneath our office........
Needless to say we left very quickly and no overtime got done that day!!
8O

Any excuse! :wink: ::):
scallopboy
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby cozycoupe » Mon Jun 04, 2007 5:45 pm

AAAW have pity on me then......it was double time on a Sundayand I could have spent the money on a lovely padded shouldered suit to wear to Ultratheque!!

Still on ghosties........at the old Stonelaw High School (Academy building, now luxury flats) we all knew that one of the English classrooms was haunted by an old teacher, things would move and we could smell his tobacco smoke..........and no-one was smoking (at least not near that class and not a pipe!)
Another school I worked in had a 'green nurse'. She scared a workie away during one of the school holidays when there was a crew in repairing stuff!!! Call Derek Pakora!! ::):
Cheers all
Cozy Coupe
cozycoupe
First Stripe
First Stripe

Postby cheesylion » Tue Jun 12, 2007 5:35 pm

Well, today I have had what I would describe as being the strangest experience of my life.

I was in the city and I decided I would take a wander up to the cathedral for a wee while. I walked clockwise round the cathedral (I walked down to the left from the front) looking at the various gravestones as I went. When I got to the back down by the wall, I saw a man (in his 60s?) wearing a grey suit, we said hello, spoke about the weather etc and he said he was looking for Jack Baldano (Belldano or Bolldano maybe? It's not a surname I am familiar with), I said I didn't know where to find him but I would look as I was walking. I said goodbye then turned away to carry on walking, then decided to suggest to him that if he couldn't find it to perhaps ask someone at the cathedral as I'm sure they would know. I turned back and, I am being completely honest, he had gone. Now, I had only turned around for a matter of seconds and this was an older man who didn't look like he could move very fast and even if he could, he would've had to have sprinted full pelt from the split second my back was turned to get round the corner before I turned round again and even then I'm not sure it would be possible. I hesitate to use the word ghost but I can't explain it any other way. The thing that's freaking me out the most is the fact that I actually conversed with him and he seemed just like any other man, person, human, whatever.

I've tried Googling for Jack Baldano but nothing, does this name ring a bell with anyone on here?

I appreciate I am probably going to get a fair bit of "Yeah, right, whatever. You are talking shite!" but I swear every word is true.
Ching Ching!!!!!!!
cheesylion
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby Flash_Andy » Tue Jun 12, 2007 6:01 pm

I'm sure he wasn't a ghost, would a ghost talk about the weather? I'm sure the guy ran away as he probably thought you where a ghost as well!

Can anyone remember a book that was called (I think) "Ghosts around Glasgow" The Royal Infirmary is supposed to have at least 3 ghosts!
Flash_Andy
Second Stripe
Second Stripe

Postby cheesylion » Tue Jun 12, 2007 7:01 pm

Nope, no way. He must've been Linford Christie. I know everyone is going to try and come up with some rational explanation (as I probably would myself had someone else posted this), but I know what I saw and it's just not possible that he could've got round the corner so quickly. I actually considered whether to post about this in the first place because I'm finding it hard to comprehend myself. But like I said, I know what I saw.
Ching Ching!!!!!!!
cheesylion
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby e2wufos1 » Tue Jun 12, 2007 8:14 pm

I believe you mate we're not all sceptics but why don't you go back and ask in the cathedral or indeed necropolis about this surname you could also contact

http://www.ghostfinders.co.uk/

or

http://www.ghosthunters.org.uk/
e2wufos1
Second Stripe
Second Stripe

Postby DickyHart » Wed Jun 13, 2007 5:09 pm

i beleive you as well cheesy.

your local HG ghosthunter, hehehehe

http://www.albaparanormal.com saying theres a plug going
Is this gonna be a standup fight, sir, or another bughunt?
DickyHart
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby cheesylion » Wed Jun 13, 2007 6:23 pm

Thanks guys, I've been thinking about it all day and hardly slept last night. I still don't know what to make of it.
Ching Ching!!!!!!!
cheesylion
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Ghosts/hauntings

Postby mairead » Thu Jun 14, 2007 7:41 am

A strange encounter indeed.
Having had a strange experience or two myself when working as a nurse, I would never laugh at anything like that.

Just try to remember, the dead don't harm you, it's the living who do that.
I fear not hell, nor English strife,
For Scotland, I will give my life
mairead
Second Stripe
Second Stripe

Postby pwm437 » Thu Jun 14, 2007 4:41 pm

The cathedral is not far from Balmanno Brae ??
pwm437
Second Stripe
Second Stripe

Postby DickyHart » Thu Jun 14, 2007 10:50 pm

intersting indeed 8)
Is this gonna be a standup fight, sir, or another bughunt?
DickyHart
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby gap74 » Fri Jun 15, 2007 12:08 am

Group of ghost hunters doing an investigation in my work (Theatre Royal) next week, I'll let y'all know if they find anything!
gap74
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

PreviousNext

Return to Glasgow Chat (Coffee Lounge)