Unusual looking chappie in City Centre

Moderators: John, Sharon, Fossil, Lucky Poet, crusty_bint, Jazza, dazza

Postby markp » Wed Oct 04, 2006 1:56 pm

Simba wrote:What about the guy around the West End/Byres Road/Botanics who always wears a big thick dark coat and hat with ear flaps, regardless of whether it's 30 degrees or 3 degrees!

Yeah, Earflaps Man gets fed in the morning at the University Cafe and occasionally nips intae the Uni Barber in chancellor Street for a beard trim...No! Not that kinda beard trim.
He's pretty rife though but apparently he's an awright guy. Then again, if ah wis hunting about the streets aw night in an auld military coat with mah head squashed into a woodsmans furry hat, ah'd be rife masell!
funnily enough, ah've not seen him doon Byres Road in a while. Ah'll make some enquiries...
markp
Just settling in
Just settling in

Postby Simba » Wed Oct 04, 2006 6:05 pm

Last time I saw him was last week at the telephone box outside the pharmacy on QMD I think.
Simba
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby tobester » Wed Oct 04, 2006 6:42 pm

drks wrote:only started seeing the green hair bloke recently. but it's like every 2 days ow, all over the place. he came into a morrisons on the south side shouting his head off.

attention-seeking mentalist

You sure thats not a manager, theyre all weirdo wasters
tobester
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby wee lassie » Wed Oct 04, 2006 8:09 pm

markp wrote:
Simba wrote:What about the guy around the West End/Byres Road/Botanics who always wears a big thick dark coat and hat with ear flaps, regardless of whether it's 30 degrees or 3 degrees!

Yeah, Earflaps Man gets fed in the morning at the University Cafe and occasionally nips intae the Uni Barber in chancellor Street for a beard trim...No! Not that kinda beard trim.
He's pretty rife though but apparently he's an awright guy. Then again, if ah wis hunting about the streets aw night in an auld military coat with mah head squashed into a woodsmans furry hat, ah'd be rife masell!
funnily enough, ah've not seen him doon Byres Road in a while. Ah'll make some enquiries...

He signs on the brew at Anniesland so he is up there a few times, however I haven't seen him for a while. Actually he is a nice guy I've spoken to him a few times - he knows me from the paper shop I once worked in, he'd come in get his fag papers and tobacco then we'd have a little chat, he is a quiet unassuming man. I've never asked him about his personal situation because it is not my business.
wee lassie
Busy bunny
Busy bunny

Postby JoeyCape » Fri Oct 06, 2006 12:30 am

It's the Ravemeister General!! He should be used by the education board to warn of the dangers of Ecstasy.
JoeyCape
First Stripe
First Stripe

Postby MacKenzie79 » Fri Oct 06, 2006 1:50 pm

The raver guy i see a lot along byres road.
The homeless guy with the earflaps i give money to when i can, i usually see him at the top of byres road or round the corner along great western road.

Now the guy with pink furry boots, i was in beanscene a couple of weeks ago and there was a guy with pink furry boots on waiting alone at a table and he had flowers [sadly he left when his date failed to appear] but he didn't look very punk but did look as though if he were to talk it would come out as camp and english. Perhaps he has given up the punkness but just cannot part with the boots.

There are loads of great characters in Glasgow. Big issue vendors, some of them are great craic. There are a couple on Byres road all the time usually outside somerfield or papyrus. The guy with the leather jacket and 50's hairdo and then the other one with the denim jacket, who does the donald duck voice.
MacKenzie79
Second Stripe
Second Stripe

Postby weasler » Mon Oct 09, 2006 8:29 am

Anyone seen the weird lady with the milk bottle glasses and Peter Schmikael goalie gloves in and around Yoker/Scotsoun, she is either
Pakistani or Indian and is always dressed with very bright and loud clothes, and usualy goes through some ritual that looks like Tai Chei.

She can be seen at all times during the day, but i have mostly seen here about 07:45 in the morning on my way to work.
weasler
First Stripe
First Stripe

Postby Simba » Mon Oct 09, 2006 4:26 pm

With your mention of Tai Chi, when I used to walk through the Botanics every day I often passed a guy doing Tai Chi or something similar, usually about 8.30ish in the morning, under a random tree.
Simba
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby cheesemonster » Sat Oct 28, 2006 5:10 pm

I finally saw the guy with the safety vest for the first time today on Union St.
Union St. was full of teenagers dressed up for Halloween unders nights at the Cathouse and Sub Club so he didn't really look all that odd :D
cheesemonster
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby yoker brian » Sat Oct 28, 2006 5:43 pm

weasler wrote:Anyone seen the weird lady with the milk bottle glasses and Peter Schmikael goalie gloves in and around Yoker/Scotsoun, she is either
Pakistani or Indian and is always dressed with very bright and loud clothes, and usualy goes through some ritual that looks like Tai Chei.

She can be seen at all times during the day, but i have mostly seen here about 07:45 in the morning on my way to work.

I've seen her in the mornings when I walk to Yoker Station - chanting as she walks along Dumbarton Road.
Milk Sucks, Got Beer?
yoker brian
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby glasgowken » Sun Oct 29, 2006 4:15 am

Not Glasgow, but.....8O

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/mers ... 087922.stm

He's even got a Wikipedia page.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Purple_Aki

....."He was widely thought of as an urban legend until his imprisonment in Liverpool in 2003"......."The origins of his mythical name are ambiguous, some claiming that he wore purple lipstick, was purple coloured, or that he wore a purple cape."...

Maybe he's Keyser Soze ::):
GK
glasgowken
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Re: Unusual looking chappie in City Centre

Postby Timchilli » Mon Oct 30, 2006 5:34 pm

e2wufos1 wrote:[...]

I'm hoping i'm about to describe hime right. He wears a bright green hat, bright green vest type thin and all these what looks like streamers coming from all over especailly his arms etc.

[...]

Very weird but brings a smile to your face.

His name is Mark Duncan and he's a certified nutter.
Timchilli
Second Stripe
Second Stripe

Re: Unusual looking chappie in City Centre

Postby e2wufos1 » Mon Oct 30, 2006 6:59 pm

Timchilli wrote:
e2wufos1 wrote:[...]

I'm hoping i'm about to describe hime right. He wears a bright green hat, bright green vest type thin and all these what looks like streamers coming from all over especailly his arms etc.

[...]

Very weird but brings a smile to your face.

His name is Mark Duncan and he's a certified nutter.
Seen him for the 1st time from the front last week and very near shit mysel he wears some sort of silver makeup on his face.
e2wufos1
Second Stripe
Second Stripe

Postby YokerBloke » Tue Oct 31, 2006 6:44 pm

weasler wrote:Anyone seen the weird lady with the milk bottle glasses and Peter Schmikael goalie gloves in and around Yoker/Scotsoun, she is either

I usually see her standing/walking along towards somerfield in Yoker at about 7 in the morning. Sometimes she is shouting some bizarre chant and holding a pic of a child.
I later heard that she lost her kid to an illness and she never got over the loss. Sad really. She seems harmless enough, the 'Butterfingers' cafe usually give her free tea/coffee.
http://www.tracertong.co.uk
YokerBloke
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby My Kitten » Tue Oct 31, 2006 6:48 pm

I had the pleasure of being verbally abused by him tonight for no reason at all :(
My Kitten
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

PreviousNext

Return to Glasgow Chat (Coffee Lounge)