INTRODUCE YOURSELF

Moderators: John, Sharon, Fossil, Lucky Poet, crusty_bint, Jazza, dazza

Postby Roxburgh » Thu Jan 26, 2006 1:37 pm

Welcome Alex Glass!

Let me just congratulate you on your initiative of joining HG and identifying yourself. It is a very refreshing initiative on your part.

As you can imagine, this is a very diverse forum with many competing views and opinions. The "anonymity" of the web means that contributors are far more likely to tell you what they really think. It is, I think, a far more effective means of gauging opinion than public meetings or opinion polls. Then again, it tends to be the more articulate and technically savvy members of society that use these forums.

I wish you luck and a thick skin and look forward to conversing with you going forward.
Roxburgh
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby Alex Glass » Thu Jan 26, 2006 3:17 pm

Thank you to everyone for your warm welcome. I did not want to hide behind a tag as I feel it is better to be up front with people.

I hope that I will be able to answer some of the questions that are posted regarding decisions taken by the Council. I should however point out that I have decided to join this forum personally and do not represent the Council.

I have read through some of the discussions that have taken place and will give my comment to some. My comments are my own and I hope that everyone will understand that I am not trying to deflect criticism from myself. I hold no position other that that of a Councillor. I am happy to defend those decisions that i have been involved in taking.

Thank you to Modern Fossil for the photo posting. And to Bex Bissell - I will be careful not to neglect my constituents.
Alex Glass
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby Fossil » Thu Jan 26, 2006 4:55 pm

Welcome Alex to HG
I hope you enjoy everything it has to offer including the Drinks night and Glasgow wanderings

Fossil
Fossil
-
-

Postby InfoMan » Sun Jan 29, 2006 9:23 pm

Hello all at HG,

I am InfoMan, and like many others on here (eventually), I am a long term snooper, er sorry.. visitor to this great resource.

Couldn't join at my office (which is just as well!) so, having treated myself to Broadband at home for Xmas thought I'd better make my presence known.

Hope to contribute to the threads if I've got something worthwhile to add or if I can help out with some of the intriguing mysteries that seem to crop up with great regularity on here.

Main interests are pretty much what's covered by HG: the city and environs past, present and future. There are probably few parts of Glasgow I have not trod the tarmac of at one time or another.

In my 30s, so I think that makes me about the average age on here, and Glasgow born and bred, been based in G51/2/3 the whole time.

Hopefully you'll get to know me as I post in the various threads, and vice versa. I'll try not to reboot any long dormant ones!

There will now be a pause of several hours while I catch up with what's been happening since my last snoop/visit.

Cheers
InfoMan
InfoMan
Just settling in
Just settling in

Postby My Kitten » Sun Jan 29, 2006 9:45 pm

Welcome aboard infoman, hopefully you can come along next week. New, interesting people are always welcome!
My Kitten
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby HollowHorn » Mon Jan 30, 2006 12:44 am

My Kitten wrote: New, interesting people are always welcome!

Me must reinvent meself, methinks ::):
HollowHorn
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby Pripyat » Mon Jan 30, 2006 11:46 am

Hello HG,

Nice site, some good photography :)

Hope your all a little warmer today than it's here.
Pripyat
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby Fossil » Mon Jan 30, 2006 12:06 pm

hello Pripyat welcome to HG

freezin here

F
Fossil
-
-

Postby My Kitten » Mon Jan 30, 2006 12:42 pm

HollowHorn wrote:
My Kitten wrote: New, interesting people are always welcome!

Me must reinvent meself, methinks ::):

Aye, ya bora :wink: ::):
My Kitten
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Moi, lazy?

Postby The Boy Blunder » Wed Feb 08, 2006 10:46 pm

See, I do exist on this forum... I've just been REALLY quiet, much like I was at the Georgics Bar. The perils of drinking in Glasgow but sadly not living in Glasgow.

Well, now you can tell all your friends that you've seen me post on here! Now all I have to do is figure out who everyone is and post some more.
Don't eat anything bigger than your own head
The Boy Blunder
Just settling in
Just settling in

The mother of all avatars

Postby The Boy Blunder » Wed Feb 08, 2006 10:54 pm

The mother of all avatars has now left the building, if you blinked, you missed it... except Modern Fossil it seems :oops: :)
Don't eat anything bigger than your own head
The Boy Blunder
Just settling in
Just settling in

Re: The mother of all avatars

Postby Fossil » Wed Feb 08, 2006 11:04 pm

The Boy Blunder wrote:The mother of all avatars has now left the building, if you blinked, you missed it... except Modern Fossil it seems :oops: :)

::): it was a cracker ::): then again size aint everything TBB oh and Welcome to HG

Fossil
Fossil
-
-

Hello

Postby spincycle » Tue Feb 14, 2006 11:38 pm

Umm, I should have posted here first I think, instead of in the Cardoss thread of the coffee lounge. Ah, well - Hi! :D

I'm a Glasgow guy from Partick who likes to cycle about the place (Canal, Kelvin, Loch Lomond cycle route) and poke his nose into forgotten corners and/or take pics stuff that seems to go unnoticed.
spincycle
Just settling in
Just settling in

Postby Fossil » Tue Feb 14, 2006 11:40 pm

welcome to HG spincycle

F
Fossil
-
-

Postby mags » Sun Feb 19, 2006 8:12 pm

Is it compulsive to introduce yourself here first? Sorry if I should have.
I'm Mags from Partick. Moved here just over 2 years ago from the countryside, but have really taken to city life. Love the Hidden Glasgow site.
mags
mags
Busy bunny
Busy bunny

PreviousNext

Return to Glasgow Chat (Coffee Lounge)