INTRODUCE YOURSELF

Moderators: John, Sharon, Fossil, Lucky Poet, crusty_bint, Jazza, dazza

Re: INTRODUCE YOURSELF

Postby dogface » Mon Apr 23, 2012 1:10 pm

Dexter St. Clair wrote:The BBC is in Govan but another major employer is in financial difficulties so this might be the right time to move.

Resurrect threads rather than start a new one. It's not necessarily better but it's more fun having a glance at what was said and trying to remember what happened to the contributors..

I'm being thick but do you mean move to or away? I'm thinking on it because it's so easy to get into the city centre...

I'd have thought that with the subway redevelopment and the Commonwealth Games coming up the Southside should be picking up a bit - but then again, these things aren't logical, are they?
dogface
Busy bunny
Busy bunny

Postby Dexter St. Clair » Mon Apr 23, 2012 4:50 pm

I'd say move but visit at night sometime if you can. It's handy to get back from the city centre if you get a taxi. and check the close and the back court out if you're getting a flat.
"I before E, except after C" works in most cases but there are exceptions.
Dexter St. Clair
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby GilbertfieldROC » Wed May 09, 2012 12:01 am

Hello Everybody!

I've been lingering on the forum for a while now as a guest but thought it was about time I registered and said hello! I was a member many moons ago when I was young and daft - believe I ended up getting myself banned over an argument about computers, of all things, but hopefully now I've got a little bit more to give to the community! :)

For myself, my main interests lie in the history of the city - things like old signage, hidden shopfronts, redevelopment of old buildings, old railway stations etc. I've also got a big interest in underground structures and have been involved in the restoration of a few ROC Posts.

Geocaching and photography are other hobbies so you can often find me wandering the city streets at 5am during the summer months trying to get a bit of both in before everybody else wakes up!

Looking forward to getting to know you all.
GilbertfieldROC
Busy bunny
Busy bunny

Postby Sharon » Fri May 25, 2012 6:38 am

GilbertfieldROC wrote:Hello Everybody!

I've been lingering on the forum for a while now as a guest but thought it was about time I registered and said hello! I was a member many moons ago when I was young and daft - believe I ended up getting myself banned over an argument about computers, of all things, but hopefully now I've got a little bit more to give to the community! :)

For myself, my main interests lie in the history of the city - things like old signage, hidden shopfronts, redevelopment of old buildings, old railway stations etc. I've also got a big interest in underground structures and have been involved in the restoration of a few ROC Posts.

Geocaching and photography are other hobbies so you can often find me wandering the city streets at 5am during the summer months trying to get a bit of both in before everybody else wakes up!

Looking forward to getting to know you all.

Welcome Gilbert, being an old codger now I am sure you will fit in well. :)

(I think I remember who you were... I think)
Beware of yawning dogs.
Sharon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby castaway » Fri May 25, 2012 3:53 pm

First visit to the site, hi to everybody! :D had a look round and have seen some good topics so look forward to some friendly banter in future. The good lady and I have been away from Glasgow for a lot of years but back for good now, looking around for part time work :( but not this week 'cos the sun is out and must take full advantage before it's gone again. Cheers!
castaway
Just settling in
Just settling in

Postby HelenD » Fri May 25, 2012 4:08 pm

Hi castaway, welcome to HG :)
They boil them for 20 of their Earth minutes
HelenD
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby bernadette » Sat May 26, 2012 5:29 am

Sharon wrote:Welcome to the Hidden side of Glasgow.

We are a friendly bunch and want to hear from anyone else with an interest in Glasgow.

So say hello ::):

Sharon

hello ...my name i sbernadette. ilive in livingston....but lived in drumchapel and castlemilk for a few years.
in the 70s...fond memories of them both.
i am what is known as an easty.in the west.yes iwas from the edinburgh side...
the reason i came on here..was i conteacted booby poole.
for many years i have tried to trace my sons father william wilson.of invercanny drive.drumchapel.
he will be coming up60. this is a genuine request..tried usual channels...
so far i have drawn a blank....until i came across bobby poole.
he managed to find out that the family were at a certain address till 1979.
but alas drumchapel parts were demolished....can any one help....bernadette
bernadette
Just settling in
Just settling in

Postby francis007 » Tue May 29, 2012 12:12 am

Hey u'al...im Francis.. im a new member, just got in today:)
New to Glasgow, studying a masters degree at GCU.
Will be here until end of the year or so, looking to enjoy Glasgow as much as i can while studying.
Living at Mavisbank Gardens, pretty ambiance right behind about the Springfield Quay.
I walk to GCU and back when i have classes cause i love the walk path as i get to just see wonderful views :)
I wont wait for advice to use the 9 bus when the cold freeze returns though :D
So far im pleased with the warm nature of the peeps of Glasgow but im yet to make actual friend with anyone outside my course mates...not so much of a drinker which means i dont get the push to be at clubs or pubs, i guess that's costing me alot of fun and chances to meet with the ladies.. but hey, that cant be so bad now can it..
So lets see how it goes, looking to making my time here at the HiddenGlasgow forum a fun escape point.
francis007
Just settling in
Just settling in

Postby Sharon » Thu May 31, 2012 1:45 pm

Hello Bernadette and Francis.

Francis, I can't promise you will meet many ladies through HG, but why not come out on a walk, they are a lovely bunch of folks. Keep an eye on the What's On forums, they crop up regularly.

Next up is > viewforum.php?f=17
Beware of yawning dogs.
Sharon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby andymusprime » Tue Jun 05, 2012 5:24 pm

Hi
My name is Andrew and I am looking for the secret parts of glasgow like the botanic gardens railway etc, could anyone help

Cheers :)
andymusprime
Just settling in
Just settling in

Postby Vinegar Tom » Tue Jun 05, 2012 7:47 pm

andymusprime wrote:Hi
My name is Andrew and I am looking for the secret parts of glasgow like the botanic gardens railway etc, could anyone help

Cheers :)

Hi Andy and welcome to HG. Try a wee look at the site index and you might find some interesting stuff 8)
Glasgow ya bas!
Vinegar Tom
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby glasgowbhoy69 » Fri Jun 22, 2012 2:29 pm

Sharon wrote:Welcome to the Hidden side of Glasgow.

We are a friendly bunch and want to hear from anyone else with an interest in Glasgow.

So say hello ::):

Sharon
hi my name is kevin and im now living in australia however the dreaded nostalgia bug has got me and i am trying to find anyone who used to go to joe paparrazis on sauchiehall st as im lookin for info on this venue,i was 15 with a student id and a pint of cider n blackcurrant, pls pls help its driving me mental,picyures would be great !
glasgowbhoy69
Busy bunny
Busy bunny

Postby Dexter St. Clair » Fri Jun 22, 2012 4:58 pm

Last edited by Dexter St. Clair on Fri Jun 22, 2012 5:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"I before E, except after C" works in most cases but there are exceptions.
Dexter St. Clair
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby Josef » Fri Jun 22, 2012 5:00 pm

Hopefully you won't win that bet. Unless you have room for his wife.
Josef
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby Alfie » Mon Jul 09, 2012 12:47 pm

Hello to anyone that has taken the bother to read this my name is George yet I'm known to most folk as Alfie although they probably call me worse but thats a story for another time. Anyway I'm originally from Paisley where I'm domiciled at this moment in time but did have the opporchancity to live in Haghill/Dennistoun in the mid to late 70's loved itI also spent a year living in Maryhill around the Georges cross area. Looking forward to stumbling across anyone that might know me or just sharing memories of Glasgow with anyone that cares to remember.
Alfie
Just settling in
Just settling in

PreviousNext

Return to Glasgow Chat (Coffee Lounge)