INTRODUCE YOURSELF

Moderators: John, Sharon, Fossil, Lucky Poet, crusty_bint, Jazza, dazza

Postby mooshimooshisan » Sat Jan 08, 2005 8:09 pm

Hi

Just wanted to say hello and say how fascinating I am finding this site to be. I have lived in Glasgow for 7 years now and had no idea what interesting stuff is right under our noses!

So, hello!

Claire
mooshimooshisan
Second Stripe
Second Stripe

Postby Sharon » Sat Jan 08, 2005 8:14 pm

Welcome Claire.

Good to see the gender balance helped a bit!!!
Beware of yawning dogs.
Sharon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby mooshimooshisan » Sat Jan 08, 2005 8:18 pm

I have been totally GLUED to the site for the last 3 days and had noticed that us gals do seem to be somewhat in the minority!
mooshimooshisan
Second Stripe
Second Stripe

Postby Fossil » Sat Jan 08, 2005 10:14 pm

Hello mooshimooshisan

can you explain yer name :)

Fossil
Bum tit tit bum tit tit play yer hairy banjo
Fossil
-
-

Postby mooshimooshisan » Sat Jan 08, 2005 10:19 pm

What, Claire? I believe it's Irish in origin... :wink:

mooshi mooshi san... well... there are 2 explanations.

The literal meaning is hello hello dear in Japanese (I have quite an interest in all things Japanese)...

... the reason I use this name is because for a while I had a Japanese email stalker called Takeshi .. used to email me with all sorts of hilarious stuff from a Japanese Yahoo address. It took several weeks for me to discover it was my friend in Maryhill :oops:

Anyway, it stuck and I get called moosh to this day by various people including my boss :D

And what about yours?
mooshimooshisan
Second Stripe
Second Stripe

Interesting postcard from Glasgow 1921

Postby crusty_bint » Sun Jan 09, 2005 1:11 am

irnbru wrote:hi all,

I am new to the forums but have been lurking for many months (as posted in my first couple of messages !) My main interest is Glasgow and its past (as no doubt many of you are too !) so I collect photos, letters etc from Glasgows past. I work within Glasgow Museums which I will discuss later if people are interested... but I thought I would share this little gem with you all. This is from my collection and is a letter posted from Edinburgh but written within Glasgow in 1921 from an American father to his son in Washington DC, USA.

Incase you cant read the writing:

"Dear Chas,
This is the hotel I stayed at in Glasgow. Have marked the window of my room. One of the good hotels they say but much below our standard. Although it was cold I saw lots of little children in their bare feet - too poor to buy shoes. How would you like to be one them,
Dad"

>Front< of postcard
>Back< of postcard

enjoy :)

irn
crusty_bint
-
-

Postby Sharon » Wed Jan 26, 2005 12:56 pm

Welcome to HG Signum,

I've just bee having a look at the films and photos on your website. You have done some pretty cool stuff.

I particularly liked your trance film.

Just waiting for the download of the one you've just posted a link to to download.

Also, interesting to hear that you were pointed here by your tutor!!
Beware of yawning dogs.
Sharon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby signum » Wed Jan 26, 2005 3:28 pm

Thanks Sharon, much appreciated :)

I am assuming you are resposible for much of the content here on HG? Like I said, very impressive and interesting. Two of my tutors mentioned it to some of us, saying that we "must see it". :D

So I did :wink:

What did you think of the Ballet HQ video?
signum
Busy bunny
Busy bunny

Postby ocular » Thu Jan 27, 2005 12:54 am

Hi, been peeping into HD for a bit now and love the content, about time I registered I think.
ocular
Just settling in
Just settling in

Postby Sharon » Thu Jan 27, 2005 12:38 pm

signum wrote:What did you think of the Ballet HQ video?

I found it to be curiously melancholy and I felt a little odd after watching it. I love how the shutter rolling up at the start melted into to the violins...

I'd actually like to see this a little bigger!

ocular wrote:Hi, been peeping into HD for a bit now and love the content, about time I registered I think.

And welcome to HG ocular. I loved your dirty train window photographs... they give a kinda dream likel - old photogrpah - look to the landscapes.
Beware of yawning dogs.
Sharon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby signum » Fri Jan 28, 2005 12:03 am

Sharon wrote:
signum wrote:What did you think of the Ballet HQ video?

I found it to be curiously melancholy and I felt a little odd after watching it. I love how the shutter rolling up at the start melted into to the violins...

I'd actually like to see this a little bigger!

Thanks for looking, interesting what you said about it being melancholy and that you felt a little odd afterwards: this is really interesting for me in fact. I hope it was a "good" odd but I could believe it if it was not. It's not exactly normal viewing material is it?!

I can't put it up much bigger I'm afraid, I am scared of going over the measly bandwidth!

Thanks again though 8)
signum
Busy bunny
Busy bunny

NEWCOMER...

Postby whistling_gypsy21 » Fri Jan 28, 2005 10:02 pm

HEY,

You all sound like a frinedly bunch... Someone introduced me to this site via the vv funny ned section..Couldnt stop laughing and even introduced my 80 gran to the site...Anyway im 21 and a student at caley, lived in ibrox all my life tho did spent my gap year in london..Just recently began to realise that this little city aint that bad at all and infact is full fo little quirky and rather interesting places etc... Its a wonder many more people dont look beyond the pus/clubs and restaurants....

Hope i speak to some of you soon, and erm how can i post a pic? Doesnt seem to work, not even the one i put iwth my profile... xxx
whistling_gypsy21
Just settling in
Just settling in

NEWCOMER...

Postby whistling_gypsy21 » Fri Jan 28, 2005 10:02 pm

HEY,

You all sound like a frinedly bunch... Someone introduced me to this site via the vv funny ned section..Couldnt stop laughing and even introduced my 80 gran to the site...Anyway im 21 and a student at caley, lived in ibrox all my life tho did spent my gap year in london..Just recently began to realise that this little city aint that bad at all and infact is full fo little quirky and rather interesting places etc... Its a wonder many more people dont look beyond the pus/clubs and restaurants....

Hope i speak to some of you soon, and erm how can i post a pic? Doesnt seem to work, not even the one i put iwth my profile... xxx
whistling_gypsy21
Just settling in
Just settling in

Re: Hello!

Postby whistling_gypsy21 » Fri Jan 28, 2005 10:09 pm

Ronnie wrote:Hi Sharon and everybody else
Thanks for the great site and the forums. I've been lurking for a while but now it the time to register and say hello. Having worked in newspapers and corporate communications, I'm now a PhD student, researching the origins of the Glasgow Necropolis. I was also editorial consultant on the recent book on Grahamston and have contributed to <www.TheGlasgowStory.com>. And I used to write for Culture City. My interests are mainly burial grounds, crematoria, funerals, grave-robbers, early Glasgow tourism, photography and the web. I'd be interested in corresponding to or meeting anyone who shares these interests.
Best, Ronnie

What an interesting bio ronnie..Im almost jealous..ha
whistling_gypsy21
Just settling in
Just settling in

Postby Fossil » Sat Jan 29, 2005 10:11 am

welcome whistling_gypsy21 try

http://www.photobucket.com
for posting pictures

Fossil
Bum tit tit bum tit tit play yer hairy banjo
Fossil