INTRODUCE YOURSELF

Moderators: John, Sharon, Fossil, Lucky Poet, crusty_bint, Jazza, dazza

Re: INTRODUCE YOURSELF

Postby hungryjoe » Fri Aug 21, 2009 1:00 pm

shawnglory wrote:Hi there,

I'm Shawn from Malaysia and am looking forward to starting a life in Glasgow in a couple of months time.
Nice to meet all of ya =D

Hiya.
Multi dinero, multi ficky fick, multi divorce.
hungryjoe
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby yog » Tue Aug 25, 2009 9:57 pm

Hi iam A Paisley Buddie ...... :wink:
yog
Just settling in
Just settling in

Postby SeaLover » Wed Sep 02, 2009 5:50 pm

Hullaw rerr!
I am Portuguese and live in Lisbon.
Want to know more about Scotland in general and Glesca in particular. I knew someone from Glasgow, that´s why I am curious about the city and also because I have heard that, amongst the great Scotts, the Glaswegians are really down to earth and nice.
Have patience with my English language. I am Portuguese and, sometimes I can´t find the best word to say something and am everytime struggling with the phrasic construction, but this was never a barrier to communicate. I think you´ll get my meaning and, in a while you´ll will be able to understand my a*sed English :oops: .
Sometimes I have some good laughs at it and you´re welcome to have them too. One thing I bet: my English is better than your Portuguese :wink: !!

Hope we can have some good conversations here and exchanges of experiences and culture. Aye, and some good laughs too! :D
A friendly hug for all of you.
SeaLover
Just settling in
Just settling in

Postby Lucky Poet » Wed Sep 02, 2009 6:28 pm

Olà SeaLover :) . Meu peixe necessita uma nova bicicleta.
All the world seems in tune on a Spring afternoon, when we're poisoning pigeons in the park.
Lucky Poet
-
-

Postby SeaLover » Wed Sep 02, 2009 7:57 pm

Your fish needs a new bike, Lucky Poet? Well, you must have translated this phrase on Google translations. Dinnae ya? Or are you Portuguese? Hmmm...nah! It seems not :wink:

As for the meaning, has it any hidden meaning, or just a carry on because of my username? Never mind, anyway.
Aye, hope we can have some good banters about Glasgow. I too can talk about my country if you like. Let´s see. This is my second post. I don´t know anyone here for now and, don´t even know the topics. I am doing a research now. I have something to ask about a place in the Glasgow outskirts. I found it by chance wandering in Google maps. Liked the place, tried to return there, but can´t remember the name of it and didn´t save it on 'my maps'. Wanted to know more about as it seems so quiet and healthy and so near the city. I can give more details to see if someone can 'guess' which place is that. Thank you.
SeaLover
Just settling in
Just settling in

Postby Shardonnay » Wed Sep 02, 2009 8:05 pm

Welcome to HG SeaLover :D

Enjoy the banter.
Shardonnay
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby draugelis » Fri Sep 04, 2009 9:42 pm

SeaLover wrote:I have something to ask about a place in the Glasgow outskirts. I found it by chance wandering in Google maps. Liked the place, tried to return there, but can´t remember the name of it

This is clearly a reference to G46.... or Galston ::): Welcome aboard SeaLover!
"I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy" - Tom Waits
draugelis
Second Stripe
Second Stripe

Postby SeaLover » Sat Sep 05, 2009 10:29 pm

Thank You! :)
All I remember of the place I referred is that I was in a roundabout all covered in grass and shaped with a little mountain lookalike in the center of the roundabout. All only with grass. Then, from that roundabout that I can´t find anymore, departed some roads and, one of them led to the place I wanted to know the name. In the way there I passed a bridge over a railway and flock of sheep could be seen in the fields. Then we arrive that place, that seems so quiet, with no stores, only houses and green and all seem to live there at peace. Very near Glasgow but completely in the fields. All this in Google Maps - Street View.
Where is it:?:
SeaLover
Just settling in
Just settling in

Postby Fossil » Sun Sep 06, 2009 4:53 pm

SeaLover wrote:Thank You! :)
All I remember of the place I referred is that I was in a roundabout all covered in grass and shaped with a little mountain lookalike in the center of the roundabout. All only with grass. Then, from that roundabout that I can´t find anymore, departed some roads and, one of them led to the place I wanted to know the name. In the way there I passed a bridge over a railway and flock of sheep could be seen in the fields. Then we arrive that place, that seems so quiet, with no stores, only houses and green and all seem to live there at peace. Very near Glasgow but completely in the fields. All this in Google Maps - Street View.
Where is it:?:

Are you sure its not Legoland?
Bum tit tit bum tit tit play yer hairy banjo
Fossil
-
-

Postby SeaLover » Sun Sep 06, 2009 6:35 pm

Legoland...LOLOL. Perhaps Playmobile 'land'.
I´ll go on waiting some Glaswegian to enlight me :idea: about this place I am not able to find again. Thank You.
SeaLover
Just settling in
Just settling in

Postby Fossil » Sun Sep 06, 2009 7:03 pm

SeaLover wrote:Legoland...LOLOL. Perhaps Playmobile 'land'.
I´ll go on waiting some Glaswegian to enlight me :idea: about this place I am not able to find again. Thank You.

can you start a thread about this.
Bum tit tit bum tit tit play yer hairy banjo
Fossil
-
-

Postby Doorstop » Mon Sep 07, 2009 7:33 am

I like him ... He says "Okie Dokie!"
Doorstop
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby JustBe » Fri Sep 11, 2009 8:59 am

Hi All :)

Been having a great time ploughing through some of the threads on the site, brought back many memories and had lots of giggles too.

Really enjoyed going through the Past and Present thread some fantastic photographs on there, even some from my old school in Charlotte Street in the Calton and a couple from the Bridgeton area where I was brought up.
JustBe
Just settling in
Just settling in

Postby Shardonnay » Fri Sep 11, 2009 11:50 am

Hi JustBe :)
Shardonnay
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby markcra » Tue Sep 15, 2009 10:57 pm

Hi folks,

I'm Mark and I'm frae Glasgow. Born and brought up in the west end and just recently moved to Renfrew where I work. I found hiddenglasgow a while back (don't recall what I was searching for the first time round) and then again tonight just before I went off in search of an old railway tunnel (will post my findings another time, certainly the photos don't stand up to the quality of those already in that thread).

Anyhoo, bit about me, I'm a 25yo Mechanical/Process Engineer, keen on Scuba Diving and Underwater Photography. I Volunteer for the Glasgow Humane Society as a Lifeguard when I find or make the time. Joined up to contribute where possible to the wealth of information available here.

Cheers,

Mark
www.flickr.com/photos/nand
markcra
Just settling in
Just settling in

PreviousNext

Return to Glasgow Chat (Coffee Lounge)