Hi Emy welcome to HG.
Aye,well.
scottland
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Re: INTRODUCE YOURSELF

Postby rossmc » Mon Apr 20, 2009 9:51 pm

Hi all

Been reading the forums for a while and thought I'd finally join in.

I'm a Fifer who's lived in Glasgow for about 9yrs!
rossmc
Just settling in
Just settling in

Postby Dave » Mon Apr 20, 2009 9:56 pm

Welcome rossmc

Hope you enjoy yourself.
A successful man is one who can lay a firm foundation with the bricks others have thrown at him.
www.davehouston.co.uk
Dave
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby Princess Zelda » Tue Apr 21, 2009 10:18 am

Hi everyone, I've visited the forums many times before finally joining and have found them to be very interesting and often very funny. I've been in Partick around 10 years, Cumbernauld before that, and I work in the care/ voluntary sector.
Princess Zelda
Busy bunny
Busy bunny

Postby Digitographer » Thu Apr 23, 2009 5:53 pm

Welcome to the forum :)
Will
www.askyofhoney.com
Digitographer
Second Stripe
Second Stripe

Postby Shardonnay » Mon Apr 27, 2009 11:19 pm

welcome x not been on here much place scares the shit out o me :)
Shardonnay
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby Dave » Mon Apr 27, 2009 11:23 pm

Don't be scared, no reason for that. Intense at times but I doubt very much the war of words has any personal impact, certainly I don't take it that way perhaps just do a double take but imagine you were finding the response funny ;)
A successful man is one who can lay a firm foundation with the bricks others have thrown at him.
www.davehouston.co.uk
Dave
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby Shardonnay » Tue Apr 28, 2009 10:29 am

was jesting there. this site is superb , love the banter and discussions . Truth was had to buy new lap top and have been feeling a bit poorly hence my absence. :D

can only type with one hand !!! no smart comments please ::):
Shardonnay
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Hello To HG From Jonathan McGurk

Postby jonno22 » Sat May 02, 2009 8:51 pm

Hi all. I'm new to HG. i've been meaning to register for some time but not had time to. I am a semi - professional railway and freelance photographer. When I say railway I mean I do a lot of different photography project railway related and take a big interest in the railway as an industry particularlay within Scotland and the rest of the UK when I can. I have been studying photography for five years now (three years in depth) and learn for myself all the time (read photography magazines, books, etc). I studied photography at Glasgow's Metropolitan College, 60 North Hanover St from 3rd September 2007 - 16 May 2008 gaining a NQ certificate. Since leaving college I have been a freelance photographer. I do a lot of different kinds of photography for my own use and for commercial use. As well as the railway environment I also like to do wildlife, landscapes (in all weather conditions), close up (e.g. flowers and insects), architectural, pattern, shape, street and many more kinds of photography. I do a lot of commercial work for different kinds of magazines including railway industrial magazines which include Modern Railways, Rail, Today's Railways and many more. Over the past few months I have been taking phototgraphs of the brand new Partick station (I have been taking photographs for my own use from the start of the refurbishment of the station) for the press office at S.P.T. (Strathclyde Passenger Transport) based at West George St, Glasgow (Buchanan House). I have also been doing a lot of commercial work for the press office at First ScotRail based at Waterloo St, Glasgow (Atrium Court Building). The commercial work for First ScotRail includes taking photographs of the many projects that are taking place at the moment in a 'start to finish' theme. I have my own website for which I set up in March last year (2008) and it has been more of a success than I hoped to be honest. www.jonathanmcgurk.fotopic.net . I have so far, over 6500 photograph on the site (not including everything both ralway and non - railway that I have yet to add) with a good variety of locations and types of photography that I have taken from 2006 - the present day (2006 being the year I really started getting into photography). The website includes galleries of Glasgow city and the West End of the city from the years 2007, 2008 and 2009 (so far). I will be posting on the forum on a regular basis.

Best Regards

Jonathan McGurk
jonno22
Second Stripe
Second Stripe

Postby tobester » Sat May 02, 2009 8:52 pm

welcome aboard jonno
tobester
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby yoker brian » Sun May 03, 2009 2:58 pm

Welcome Jonathan - good to see another Yoker resident on board
Milk Sucks, Got Beer?
yoker brian
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby Steam Engenius » Sun May 03, 2009 8:18 pm

Hello!
I stumbled across this forum some time ago, and I couldn't stop coming back. Though living in Canada, I have a huge Scottish upbringing and influence in my family. Great grandparents & grandparents are from Glasgow, as well as Dundee, I think. I'm hoping to move to Glasgow in the next year or two for school, so I've been through this site a lot getting some "nitty gritty" on things. I'm a budding photographer, so I might be lingering around in the photography section! Hope to post as much as possible.

Katelyn
Steam Engenius
Just settling in
Just settling in

Postby Dave » Sun May 03, 2009 8:33 pm

Hello all jonno Katelyn et al.

Hope you enjoy the banter,
www.davehouston.co.uk
Dave
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby MCGINLEY100 » Fri May 08, 2009 7:20 pm

[color=#0000FF][b]Not been on for a while but glad to see the site is still going strong,,,well done team[/b][/color]
MCGINLEY100
Just settling in
Just settling in

Postby flyman » Sat May 09, 2009 2:14 pm

Howdo i actually had no idea i had joined this forum !!!!until about ten minutes ago when i got an email from a forum administrator which as ive since learned is spam but what the hey i'm here now so i may as well introduce myself. Anyone interested i run an online radio station called Language Of Sound and my own show is on Mondays 7-9 its by way of a thing i used o be involved in with a forum called punk77.Now dont let that put you off!!!!!!its not all punk and indeed its quite varied although i will say anyone who wants to hear Take that or indeed any "chart toppers" will be turning off rather sharply.My show is called Flys Open ,my mate El Diablo has one on Tuesdays from 7-9 calledNoise Annoys,he is from Kilmarnock but dont hold that against him.........Ian Part Time does his thang on a Thursday called High Wire he is the token Englishman again dont hold that against him.......and last but not least Vicious Riff does Brainbomb on a Sunday &-9 he is an exiled Paisley buddie living in the states.Sorry for the shameless plug and truth be told i wll take af ew days looing through this wee place and see why i (must have) joined in the first place!!!!!!!thing is ive been sober now for nearly three years so maybe it was during my ahem love affair with Stella that i joined? dunno asked the wife if she joined and she has given me a blank look.Then again thats the norm so who can tell hee hee ok cheers for having me and hopefully i can add summat to this place then again you probably have enough Flymen to deal with already :wink: oh aye nearly forgot the link for da radio thingymubob its http://shoutcast.internet-radio.org.uk/ ... mthefly/.A word of warning tho sometimes because of my Glaswegian dna i sometimes develop on air tourettes,not always just sometimes!!!!! cheers Flyman
Never Get Out Of The Boat
flyman
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

PreviousNext

Return to Glasgow Chat (Coffee Lounge)