Bowling Harbour / Dalmuir / Dunglass Castle

Postby Sharon » Sat Nov 23, 2002 3:24 pm

http://www.hiddenglasgow.com/bowling

Don't have anywhere top put these just now so here they are! :wink:
Sharon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby JRP » Mon Jan 12, 2004 7:49 am

This is my first visit to your site, and I'm well impressed!

I've lived in and around Dumbarton and Glasgow for almost 10 years, and to find out that some of this stuff exists is amazing.

The pics above of the harbour in Bowling are extrememly fascinating. I used to live in the house next to the Littlemill Inn (across from the railway level crossing) and have explored that area on my own a few times.

Do you know what the buildings there were originally used for? There seems to be a mix of fairly modern structures, as well as some much older ones. Wartime artifacts are strewn around the entire site, including boxes for torpedos and shells (many of which grace my mum's garden as flower boxes).

I notice you went into the building with the rusty old metal working machinery - did you notice the spooky black hole leading to a sub-level? I never had the guts to go down there. Once when I visited, there was a dirty plate filled with dried blood, hair and a fish-head sitting next to the hole. I haven't been back since then!

If you ever wish to venture there again, I would be delighted to accompany you :)
JRP
Just settling in
Just settling in

Return to Glasgow Chat (Coffee Lounge)