Hate using buses after 4pm

Moderators: John, Sharon, Fossil, Lucky Poet, crusty_bint, Jazza, dazza

Postby Fat Cat » Fri Aug 18, 2006 1:07 pm

Glasgow's buses are vile. I get the bus to work but walk home most nights, can't get on a bus anyway. They seem to thin out the service after 4 pm.

You don't know what you might be sitting in, the buses all smell of pish, and you still get the odd moron smoking (covers the smell of pish). Why do so many Glaswegians have an aversion to soap?

Who makes up the First bus timetable anyway, obviously someone with a car.
Fat Cat
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby Ally Doll » Fri Aug 18, 2006 4:00 pm

Fat Cat wrote:Glasgow's buses are vile. I get the bus to work but walk home most nights, can't get on a bus anyway. They seem to thin out the service after 4 pm

That's because bus companies find it "unprofitable" to run buses after then. I heard a stat (at an SPT thing, I think) that stated something like 90% of bus services after 6pm in the SPT area are subsidised. :roll:
Ally Doll
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby Pripyat » Fri Aug 18, 2006 5:57 pm

Fat Cat wrote:You don't know what you might be sitting in, the buses all smell of pish, and you still get the odd moron smoking (covers the smell of pish).

Yes Fat Cat why of why do the buses smell of pish? Yet don't
forget the occasional drunk that decides to do a crap on the 66 8O
"The nose of a mob is its imagination. By this, at any time, it can be quietly led." - Edgar Allan Poe
Pripyat
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby Ally Doll » Fri Aug 18, 2006 6:03 pm

Pripyat wrote:
Fat Cat wrote:You don't know what you might be sitting in, the buses all smell of pish, and you still get the odd moron smoking (covers the smell of pish).

Yes Fat Cat why of why do the buses smell of pish? Yet don't
forget the occasional drunk that decides to do a crap on the 66 8O

In a related vein, I heard a story about a guy nicknamed "the Phantom Crapper" who used to cut open the seats on Lothian Buses and... well you can imagine the rest! 8O

The introduction of CCTV seem to have scared him off, he never was caught as the story goes.
Ally Doll
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby Dexter St. Clair » Fri Aug 18, 2006 6:06 pm

The taxi companies stopped sponsoring him as his work was done and apparently there's a board where people continually run down public services so they no longer pay for the crapper.
Dexter St. Clair
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby glasgowken » Tue Sep 05, 2006 3:24 pm

Forget using buses after 4pm, yet another bad experience (the latest of many recently) on the bus this afternoon around 3pm.
Despite the demonisation of motorists, and increasing costs being lumped on them, if I had the cash i'd get a car tomorrow.

When the fuck are the GCC, First, & the police, going to take this seriously ? I'm fucking sick & tired of sharing the bus with the scum of the earth.
Cameras are only of very limited use. Do they really believe a group of neds shouting their mouths off give a shit about a camera ?
GK
glasgowken
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby hazy » Tue Sep 05, 2006 3:33 pm

Sorry to hear about your disturbance G. I am sure if you contact 1st bus and give them the time of the incident they will take it seariously. If you do not get any satisfaction let them know that you will then contact Moir Lochhead. Usually there arse will collapse at that point. :x
Thank you. And why not.
hazy
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby crusty_bint » Tue Sep 05, 2006 3:38 pm

First are te biggest bunch of no-users Iv ever had the misfortune to deal with in my entire life - and believe me, I've dealt with a LOT of no-users!

If you have a complaint, my advice would be to put it in writing and save yourself the postage and put it straight in the bin. Will save First doing it for you :wink:
here i go, it's coming for me through the trees
crusty_bint
-
-

Postby hazy » Tue Sep 05, 2006 3:40 pm

Must disagree with you there c-b. Wrote them a letter of complaint. Anyway got a nice letter back from them and a sorry. :)
Thank you. And why not.
hazy
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby crusty_bint » Tue Sep 05, 2006 3:42 pm

all i got was kicked in the head by a pack of bus drivers
here i go, it's coming for me through the trees
crusty_bint
-
-

Postby glasgowken » Tue Sep 05, 2006 3:46 pm

crusty_bint wrote:all i got was kicked in the head by a pack of bus drivers

Lies, you expect me to believe they actually got out of their cabs ? ::):

hazy wrote:Must disagree with you there c-b. Wrote them a letter of complaint. Anyway got a nice letter back from them and a sorry. :)

What happened Hazy, the cause of the complaint I mean ?
GK
glasgowken
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby hazy » Tue Sep 05, 2006 3:58 pm

Here goes G. I thought my 16year old daughter was entitled to half fare as she was still at school. As she was going from Cleveden School down to Byers road one day Inspector Blakey gets on then and hits her with a £50 charge. He reckons she is now not entitled to half fare any more. While he was digging her up there is absolute bedlam upstairs on the bus. Blakey is then questioned by an older guy as to why he is picking on a lone female passenger and not doing something about the disturbance. he then ignores the old guy and gets off the bus. Meanwhile my daughter phones me crying as she now thinks she is a criminal.
I then sent in a letter questioning his motives. I also quoted Moir Lochheads name. That I would be seeking assurances about safety on the busses. As I said nice letter and an appology back.
Thank you. And why not.
hazy
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby John » Tue Sep 05, 2006 4:09 pm

A few words in praise of travelling by bus.

I have made some of my most interesting Glasgow discoveries when looking out of the bus window and have then gone back on a photography mission.

I do agree that fellow passengers can be a pain but probably no more so than some of the people we come across on the streets and that is a small price to pay to live in this city.

I saw this from the 263 one morning.

Image[/list]
'It's a sad day for capitalism when a man can't fly a midget on a kite over Central Park'
John
-
-

Postby Ally Doll » Tue Sep 05, 2006 5:24 pm

glasgowken wrote:When the fuck are the GCC, First, & the police, going to take this seriously ? I'm fucking sick & tired of sharing the bus with the scum of the earth.
Cameras are only of very limited use. Do they really believe a group of neds shouting their mouths off give a shit about a camera ?

Totally agree GK, everyone seems to think CCTV is the solution - it's not. It only works if folk can identify the neds/thugs/criminals in the first place or if, it's remote controlled, someone is actually watching it at the other end and sending the police out to deal with the problem. It's no substitute for employing real live police officers, or conductor-types on the buses. :evil:
Ally Doll
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby glasgowken » Tue Sep 05, 2006 5:43 pm

A big chunk of our fellow citizens are c**ts, I suppose that's the real problem.
But, on the bus you can't quickly walk by, as you can on the street. Normal people have to endure their crap in that confined space, sometimes for an hour or more, or leave the bus.

As Ally Doll says, the CCTV thing is shite. Ok it may provide evidence if there is a crime reported, big deal, it doesn't deal with the problem at the time. And the low level crap (verbal abuse from neds, abusive drunks, etc) will never get delt with that way anyway.

And they wonder why people will never leave their cars. :roll:
GK
glasgowken
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

PreviousNext

Return to Glasgow Chat (Coffee Lounge)