Windows Live Maps

Moderators: John, Sharon, Fossil, Lucky Poet, crusty_bint, Jazza, dazza

Re: Windows Live Maps

Postby Its_a_gamp » Mon Jul 21, 2008 10:42 am

Ha Ha , this is better than google maps, outside our house is my car and my husbands old car which he wrote off about a year ago, then when you look at his flat in england (he works away) his new car is parked there. weird as he never had both cars at the same time!!
Due to cutbacks, the light at the end of the tunnel is off until further notice!
Its_a_gamp
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby Reenie Bujman » Fri Jul 25, 2008 7:36 pm

I've been using this for about a year. It appears to get its photographic data from the same place.

http://www.aboutmyplace.co.uk/
Reenie Bujman
Second Stripe
Second Stripe

Postby duck » Tue Jan 13, 2009 5:34 pm

Having seen proof by some of you clever guys that you can , could somebody tell me how to place an image from msn live maps ( aerial) directly into a post instead of just the link? PLease?
duck
Second Stripe
Second Stripe

Postby Dave » Tue Jan 13, 2009 5:49 pm

duck wrote:Having seen proof by some of you clever guys that you can , could somebody tell me how to place an image from msn live maps ( aerial) directly into a post instead of just the link? PLease?

Personally I'd take a screenshot and cut out the maps and upload it to Flickr (or wherever) and display it as a normal image.

There will probably be a more elegant way of doing it but I am just a simple country bumpkin.
A successful man is one who can lay a firm foundation with the bricks others have thrown at him.
www.davehouston.co.uk
Dave
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby Josef » Tue Jan 13, 2009 7:23 pm

I picked the 'Print' option, right-clicked and copied theimage properties. Doesn't look quite the same...

Josef
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Previous

Return to Glasgow Chat (Coffee Lounge)