Nothing HG does interests me.
5%
Im a shite bag really
44%

Total votes : 158

Postby Pgcc93 » Sun Jul 23, 2006 7:42 pm

Bat wrote:
Dexter St. Clair wrote:
Bat wrote:Other...........I live in Prague. Good enough reason?

Get a cab.

I've already got one :wink:

Get a £1 Ryanair/ Easyjet ticket and get yer arse over here.
Glasgow's the IN destination in Europe these days and its cheaper than a cab. :wink: 8) ::):

<edit for typo :oops: >
Pgcc93
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby Bat » Mon Jul 24, 2006 11:06 am

Talk about puttin' the pressure on :wink: . I am going to London in October for 3 months and I will be coming to Glasgow within that time. Last Friday of the month was mentioned somewhere for the piss up is that right? And there's no such thing as a £1 flight anymore, mine's cost £24 to Stansted 8) . I'll check out the prices on flights to Glasgow from London, I WILL be there at some stage by the way so I hope you've all got empty legs to put the beer in because I am a serious piss head. :P
Bat
Just settling in
Just settling in

Postby Fossil » Mon Jul 24, 2006 12:06 pm

Bat wrote:......I am a serious piss head. :P

::): nice one. Make that your signature Bat :wink:

Fossil
Bum tit tit bum tit tit play yer hairy banjo
Fossil
-
-

Postby Gordy18 » Thu Jul 27, 2006 6:24 pm

I'd vote for option 4 and "other" because I live in the craphole that is the borders
Gordy18
Busy bunny
Busy bunny

Postby Dynamo » Fri Aug 04, 2006 12:55 pm

Right, my reason for not coming is chiefly that I live in Spain. (Soon to be rectified by my returning to Glsagow however....)

Another reason is I'm mainly a voyeur on here. Can't really post from work, so prefer just to watch you lot do it instead.

I've been to plenty nights out, football matches, days out with people I've met through forums, and have made many, many good friends through the net. So you lot hold no fear :D

Hopefully be back in Glasgow shortly (Main reason I registered here was because I missed it so much) and then you'll never be rid of me.
"When you get right down to it, yer countries a bit like yer fizzer. Fair enough, It might be a pock-marked drink-ridden eyesore, but yer stuck wi' it, so ye might as well try and love it." Rab C Nesbitt.
Dynamo
Busy bunny
Busy bunny

Postby scaryman2u » Fri Aug 11, 2006 5:09 pm

I will try to get to a drinks night or a walk (work permitting) as like most folk on here i was a bit dubious about it all but 3 HG guys were on my site yesterday & we gibbered away no problem like i`d always known them. I reckon that pulled down a lot of barriers for me as i did`nt know them from adam. It`s not about who or what you are it`s about a common interest in glasgow locations & history & preserving it in memory & print, i`m as shy as the next person but these guys made me feel at ease. Hey fossy fancy a parachute jump..... c`mon it`s for charity ::):
scaryman2u
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby Fossil » Fri Aug 11, 2006 5:59 pm

scaryman2u wrote:................Hey fossy fancy a parachute jump..... c`mon it`s for charity ::):

naw yer aw right
::):

Fossil
Bum tit tit bum tit tit play yer hairy banjo
Fossil
-
-

Postby John » Sun Sep 24, 2006 2:25 pm

I just wanted to let you all know about my day out on the M74 walk on Friday.

We had a wonderful day out, the sun shone and the company was very friendly and informative. I managed to miss the start but the guys went out of their way to get in touch with me and arranged to meet up with me further along the planned walk.

I have generally been a bit of a lone photographer and like to do my own thing so this was a new experience for me but I am so glad that I went. I thought I knew the area pretty well but time and time again the others pointed out something I hadn't noticed before or they were able to fill in a bit of historical background.

There was none of the awkwardness that you sometimes get when meeting a group of people for the first time. We fell into conversation right away and it was all very relaxed and free and easy. It was striking that nobody attempted to be leader and everyone was free to suggest detours and make their own contributions.

The time passed all too quickly but we eventually ended up in the pub where we had several drinks and a good chat about all sort of things. I should point out that the conversation was not all HG related and it was nice to see that those present had well rounded characters.

I can't wait to go again and hopefully I will get to meet a few more of you at the drinks night on the 30th.

Cheers

w
'It's a sad day for capitalism when a man can't fly a midget on a kite over Central Park'
John
-
-

Postby soapy » Sat Sep 30, 2006 4:21 am

we need a too far away option 8O
soapy
Busy bunny
Busy bunny

Postby glasgowken » Mon Oct 09, 2006 4:54 pm

Was once a shitebag (still am), but the other day I met other HGers for the first time (they DO exist 8O ).
It was a wee bit nerve racking, but everybody was very friendly and a good day oot was had by all :-)

So, sweep aside your doubts, and shyness (cute as it is in burds 8) ) and sign up for the next meet.
GK
glasgowken
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby Simba » Mon Oct 09, 2006 5:36 pm

glasgowken wrote:Was once a shitebag (still am), but the other day I met other HGers for the first time (they DO exist 8O ).
It was a wee bit nerve racking, but everybody was very friendly and a good day oot was had by all :-)

So, sweep aside your doubts, and shyness (cute as it is in burds 8) ) and sign up for the next meet.

Naw. ;)
Simba
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby VGSmiles » Tue Oct 10, 2006 9:03 pm

Modern Fossil wrote:Don’t worry about how you will know that persons from Hidden Glasgow, you will know. ;)

I had seen a few photos, but I have to admit that I am absolutely face-blind. So I ended up walking up to a few random people, asking them if they were from Hidden Glasgow, and always got the same reply: "Aye, I'm from Glasgow!" But no worries, they found me. ::):

I very much enjoyed my first drinks night out, though I apologize for the sorry state I was in. I got some rest and am much better now :) I am very shy too, really. But I was overwhelmed by the warm welcome I received. You people are fantastic! Thank you for all the friendlyness and encouragement; and Crusty, I will always have a cigarette in my pocket for you :wink:

I have done one of the official walks which was fantastic, and I also had a wonderful walk through the city today, HollowHorn, thank you very much! :) I saw so much and learned so much, and the company was great. Sorry if I didn't talk so much. I am looking forward to more of these walks. You all made me feel at home here, and I am really looking forward to moving here as soon as I can. 8)

PS... if I post a "Where Am I?" in the next few days, I am not starting a game... it means I just got lost.
VGSmiles
Second Stripe
Second Stripe

Postby Field Marshall Shug » Sun Dec 24, 2006 9:03 pm

Are there secret handshakes? Or strawberry milkshakes? Or Mexican Eathquakes? On Kentucky Clambakes? Or raw Angus steaks? Oh for goodness sakes!
Last edited by Field Marshall Shug on Sun Dec 24, 2006 11:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Field Marshall Shug
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Location: Listening to Strawberry Switchblade on a burst sofa.

Postby Josef » Sun Dec 24, 2006 9:06 pm

Field Marshall Shug wrote:Are there secret handshakes? Or strawberry milkshakes? Or Mexican Eathquakes? On Kentucky Clambakes? Or raw Angus steaks? Oh for goodness sakes?

Just wear that jacket of yours with the emblem on the back, Shug. We'll recognise you :wink: .

There is the odd handshake, mind.
Josef
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby tobester » Sun Dec 24, 2006 9:10 pm

My only problem is i work weekends and shifts, but was good to get to the xmas one.

I need to keep an eye on dates, as i do schedules 3weeks in advance
tobester
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

PreviousNext

Return to Glasgow Chat (Coffee Lounge)