Gangs of Glasgow

Moderators: John, Sharon, Fossil, Lucky Poet, crusty_bint, Jazza, dazza

Re: Gangs of Glasgow

Postby Mori » Wed May 23, 2012 5:59 pm

The Glaswegian

Ross Kemp gets tour of Glasgow for new Sky One series

TELLY hardman Ross Kemp will this afternoon be given a tour of ­Glasgow’s most deprived areas as he makes his latest TV show.

Crime-fighting councillor Billy ­McAllister will take the former EastEnders actor to Possil, Springburn, Maryhill and Drumchapel.
Mori
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby bAzTNM » Wed May 23, 2012 7:47 pm

He'll be shitting it when they hit Possil.
bAzTNM
Second Stripe
Second Stripe

Postby Dexter St. Clair » Wed May 23, 2012 8:43 pm

Aye the local councillor has done nothing for the area.
"I before E, except after C" works in most cases but there are exceptions.
Dexter St. Clair
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby Josef » Wed May 23, 2012 9:04 pm

Dexter St. Clair wrote:Aye the local councillor has done nothing for the area.

That councillor being which of the below?

KELLY, Chris Scottish Labour Party
STEPHEN, Helen Scottish Labour Party
WILD, Kieran Scottish Green Party
MCALLISTER, Billy Scottish National Party (SNP)

And the voting record of the councillors belonging to the ruling majority in the last couple of decades on matters relating to proposed local initiatives being?
Josef
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby Dexter St. Clair » Wed May 23, 2012 9:33 pm

There's three of them only been in the council for three weeks. However the other is a long term self publicist and last seen in a street fight when he claimed Tommy Dingwall assaulted him.
Dexter St. Clair
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby dimairt » Wed May 23, 2012 9:48 pm

Dexter St. Clair wrote:There's three of them only been in the council for three weeks. However the other is a long term self publicist and last seen in a street fight when he claimed Tommy Dingwall assaulted him.

You're both right, said he sitting on the fence: the ruling Labour Group have done little on this issue over their extended period in office; Clllr. Billy is a long-term self-publicist. I met him years ago when he brought in two neds to our office in an attempt to bully the female staff over some minor issue. I can't understand why the SNP, or any party, would have him in their ranks.

Durachdan,

Eddy
dimairt
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby HollowHorn » Wed May 23, 2012 10:09 pm

Sigh. :roll:
HollowHorn
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby Dexter St. Clair » Wed May 23, 2012 10:21 pm

dimairt wrote:
Dexter St. Clair wrote:There's three of them only been in the council for three weeks. However the other is a long term self publicist and last seen in a street fight when he claimed Tommy Dingwall assaulted him.

You're both right, said he sitting on the fence: the ruling Labour Group have done little on this issue over their extended period in office; Clllr. Billy is a long-term self-publicist. I met him years ago when he brought in two neds to our office in an attempt to bully the female staff over some minor issue. I can't understand why the SNP, or any party, would have him in their ranks.

Durachdan,

Eddy

He has been in the Labour Party got expelled and lost his appeal.
Dexter St. Clair
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby Lucky Poet » Fri May 25, 2012 11:52 am

Mori wrote:The Glaswegian

Ross Kemp gets tour of Glasgow for new Sky One series

TELLY hardman Ross Kemp will this afternoon be given a tour of ­Glasgow’s most deprived areas as he makes his latest TV show.

Crime-fighting councillor Billy ­McAllister will take the former EastEnders actor to Possil, Springburn, Maryhill and Drumchapel.

Coming soon: some quality video equipment bargains on Ebay?
All the world seems in tune on a Spring afternoon, when we're poisoning pigeons in the park.
Lucky Poet
-
-

Postby moonbeam » Fri May 25, 2012 12:10 pm

Todays Herald new Labour copuncillor for Springburn Sohan Singh slum landlord. Operatred as illegal landlord.Jailed in 1999 for an alleged duty free tax scam-released on appeal. Made a Baillie of Glasgow last week. Is this the "new" improved Labour councillor we were promised?
moonbeam
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby The Egg Man » Fri May 25, 2012 12:48 pm

Released on appeal, eh?
I hear the people sing.
The Egg Man
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby Doug » Mon Jul 16, 2012 5:37 pm

ah remember a long time ago another show biz guy, Frankie Vaughen, anyone remember him noo? tried to sort out glasgows gangs by having a knife amnesty. You saw pictures of these big metal bins and the supposedly gang members tossing all sorts of knifes into it, it looked quite impressive when you saw it all on the telly but it later transpired that a fair amount of knives had just been pinched by the kids oot of their mothers kitchen drawer so they could get on the telly. did it solve the gang problem......dont give up your day job Frankie!!!!
Ahm entitled to my opinion as well
Doug
Second Stripe
Second Stripe

Postby dimairt » Mon Jul 16, 2012 7:10 pm

Doug wrote:ah remember a long time ago another show biz guy, Frankie Vaughen, anyone remember him noo? tried to sort out glasgows gangs by having a knife amnesty. You saw pictures of these big metal bins and the supposedly gang members tossing all sorts of knifes into it, it looked quite impressive when you saw it all on the telly but it later transpired that a fair amount of knives had just been pinched by the kids oot of their mothers kitchen drawer so they could get on the telly. did it solve the gang problem......dont give up your day job Frankie!!!!

Doug, while it's true that a lot of young rapscallions borrowed knives from their mothers' kitchens to pose for the cameras, Frankie Vaughan made and maintained a long-term commitment to Easterhouse. I understand that his son carries on the work and visited the area fairly recently.

Durachdan,

Eddy
dimairt
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby Dexter St. Clair » Mon Jul 16, 2012 10:49 pm

Out of Frankie's visit came the Easterhouse Project built by the army and eventually run by Police Officers in their spare time. Frankie came up through the Lancashire Boys Club and developed an interest in boxing. He assigned royalties from one of his records each year to the National Association of Boys Clubs. There were some hard working volunteers trying to do stuff in Easterhouse and their efforts were ignored till Frankie got that publicity. The papers left but Frankie returned.
Dexter St. Clair
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby Doug » Tue Jul 17, 2012 8:41 am

thanks to eddy and dext for putting me right on Frankie Vaughn's initiative. just put it down to my natural cynical nature.

Cheers

doug
Ahm entitled to my opinion as well
Doug
Second Stripe
Second Stripe

PreviousNext

Return to Glasgow Chat (Coffee Lounge)