One for the railway heads

Moderators: John, Sharon, Fossil, Lucky Poet, crusty_bint, Jazza, dazza

Re: One for the railway heads

Postby MotoMad » Mon Aug 19, 2013 5:52 pm

Fucking disaster getting home tonight. Scotrail are a joke when it comes to disruption.
crusty_bint wrote: i.e. they're not a bawhair away from Dickensian!
MotoMad
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby tobester » Mon Aug 19, 2013 8:32 pm

MotoMad wrote:Fucking disaster getting home tonight. Scotrail are a joke when it comes to disruption.

From what im hearing cable theft, sadly if it is and its at yoker, that fcuks up the whole north clyde and argyle lines

Sadly scotrail are not a company just a name for the old scottish BR region....the company cannot be named by me for legal reasons
tobester
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby sandabound » Mon Aug 19, 2013 9:37 pm

tobester wrote:
MotoMad wrote:Fucking disaster getting home tonight. Scotrail are a joke when it comes to disruption.

From what im hearing cable theft, sadly if it is and its at yoker, that fcuks up the whole north clyde and argyle lines

Sadly scotrail are not a company just a name for the old scottish BR region....the company cannot be named by me for legal reasons

I wouldn't mention Network Rail either.

The BTP came up from London around 2006 & I gave then a segregated part of a railway store, they were trying a system with cable, if anyone moved or cut the cable the system sent a text message to the BTP, looks like it was too expensive or it's not been fully implemented yet, it was for down south anyway, be years before we get a sniff of it :roll:
sandabound
Second Stripe
Second Stripe

Postby tobester » Tue Aug 20, 2013 2:13 pm

sandabound wrote:
I wouldn't mention Network Rail either.

The BTP came up from London around 2006 & I gave then a segregated part of a railway store, they were trying a system with cable, if anyone moved or cut the cable the system sent a text message to the BTP, looks like it was too expensive or it's not been fully implemented yet, it was for down south anyway, be years before we get a sniff of it :roll:

Spending money.....nahhhhhhhh :)
tobester
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby tobester » Tue Aug 20, 2013 5:03 pm

Trains fcuked again tonight on the low level, failed train at Finneston Jn.....train tickets valid on all first bus routes, also on subway between partick and st enoch/buchanan st.

Trains are running to anniesland via maryhill
tobester
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby DavidMcD316 » Wed Aug 21, 2013 1:53 pm

amazing how easy it is to steal cable these days. Seems to be happening more and more.
DavidMcD316
Second Stripe
Second Stripe

Postby moonbeam » Wed Aug 21, 2013 3:36 pm

Airdrie trains jiggered to-day after overhead line problems. Can train services be expected to run all week without problems in the Glasgow area? Had to use my car to work this morning Grrr! I sometimes see a small notice in my stations booking hall regarding how good(?) the service is. Wonder if the figures will go up to include Monday and Wednesday. Or is this for the whole of Scotland.
moonbeam
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby tobester » Wed Aug 21, 2013 8:01 pm

moonbeam wrote:Airdrie trains jiggered to-day after overhead line problems. Can train services be expected to run all week without problems in the Glasgow area? Had to use my car to work this morning Grrr! I sometimes see a small notice in my stations booking hall regarding how good(?) the service is. Wonder if the figures will go up to include Monday and Wednesday. Or is this for the whole of Scotland.

Its the whole network usually, but sometimes you can get a breakdown for the different parts of the network, they display it on platform 17 at waverley (also the only place ive ever seen it)....but as TS and scottisg govt want all of scotland electrified....things can only get better :roll:

Dont forget anyone caught up can get compo
tobester
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby Josef » Sat Aug 24, 2013 3:47 pm

DavidMcD316 wrote:amazing how easy it is to steal cable these days. Seems to be happening more and more.

Happened to me a couple of weeks ago on my way up North. They put us on an East Coast diesel.

How do you nick live cable anyway?
Josef
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby yoker brian » Sat Aug 24, 2013 6:00 pm

Josef wrote:
DavidMcD316 wrote:amazing how easy it is to steal cable these days. Seems to be happening more and more.

Happened to me a couple of weeks ago on my way up North. They put us on an East Coast diesel.

How do you nick live cable anyway?

Very carefully 8O *disclaimer I have never attempted to steal electrical cable, nor do I encourage anyone to attempt it.
Milk Sucks, Got Beer?
yoker brian
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby RapidAssistant » Tue Sep 03, 2013 2:41 pm

moonbeam wrote:Dont forget anyone caught up can get compo

I was stuck in London on Sunday night coming back up on the sleeper for two hours because someone decided to end it all under the wheels of a train in front. I've been wrestling with my conscience since yesterday over whether to file a compensation claim...after all it wasn't Scotrail's fault....anyone want to help me with this moral dilemma?
RapidAssistant
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby Vinny the Mackem » Tue Sep 03, 2013 3:45 pm

I saw a documentary a few months back that said that compensation as a result of delay due to suicide was the responsibility of Network Rail, not the train operators. :?
Vinny the Mackem
Second Stripe
Second Stripe

Postby tobester » Tue Sep 03, 2013 5:35 pm

Id say if u think you're due compo, claim it....no harm in trying.

Good to see the scaremongering of the scotsman about the closure of Queen St is now bollocks....altho the closure of Winchburgh Tunnel will happen for electrification, with trains via Falkirk High, detouring via Winchburgh Junction, to Dalmeny Down Passenger Loop, then crews changing ends and continuing to Haymarket via South Gyle. Probably add 10mins onto the journey (not sure as the only Dalmeny's we work are empties to keep the route card active).

Also for 4 weekends from 14th Sept (sat and sun) ALL trains via Stirling are altered due to the station and are being closed for re-signalling and opening of a new loop to get trains running thru stirling faster....they're adding a loop to take trains heading to platforms 6/9/10 off the main line earlier, probably for more trains next year for Gleneagles.
tobester
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby Mark N » Tue Sep 03, 2013 5:54 pm

tobester wrote:the closure of Winchburgh Tunnel will happen for electrification, with trains via Falkirk High, detouring via Winchburgh Junction, to Dalmeny Down Passenger Loop, then crews changing ends and continuing to Haymarket via South Gyle.

When is this happening and for how long ?
Flickr-ing me: http://www.flickr.com/photos/dogdriller/
Mark N
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby tobester » Wed Sep 04, 2013 4:11 pm

Mark N wrote:
tobester wrote:the closure of Winchburgh Tunnel will happen for electrification, with trains via Falkirk High, detouring via Winchburgh Junction, to Dalmeny Down Passenger Loop, then crews changing ends and continuing to Haymarket via South Gyle.

When is this happening and for how long ?

No official date yet, once i know ill post it unless it appears before hand, its in with the EGIP electrification. Also talk that the 6 trains an hour may not now happen as there will still be diesels running so sets will become 8cars, 170415-478 can all be strengthened to 4 cars and 170401-414 will stay as 3s
tobester
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

PreviousNext

Return to Glasgow Chat (Coffee Lounge)