One for the railway heads

Moderators: John, Sharon, Fossil, Lucky Poet, crusty_bint, Jazza, dazza

Re: One for the railway heads

Postby applemaca » Sun May 22, 2011 8:09 pm

Dexter St. Clair wrote:
applemaca wrote:
Dexter St. Clair wrote:
applemaca wrote:
Dexter St. Clair wrote:Am I wrong in thinking that escalators can work both ways and maybe they should have used the working one to transport punters up to street level?

my guess is that health & safety will not allow as passengers wishing to go down to platform level will be expecting the escalators to be moving in a down direction and may attempt to board.....what do you think? :?

They could use the same method that prevents passengers wishing to go up to street level trying to board a down elevator

The one currently in use at Argyle Street.

and that would be?

the only experience I have that allows me to make that guess was when attempting to visit the first floor of the Savoy Centre (InShops) and coming across a diversion via the out of the way ramp due to the "Up" escalator being "out of order", when I asked one of the retailers why they didn't reverse the down escalator they told me that ,"health & Saftey" regulations prevented doing so.
“Let me in old pensioner……for I am a bogus gasman, wi fake ID, n’am here tae ransack yur hoose!”
applemaca
First Stripe
First Stripe

Postby Dexter St. Clair » Sun May 22, 2011 9:51 pm

That would be the Wealth and safety regulation that states to make a profit one must get customers into your establishment. Once they're there and have paid up they can make their own way out.
"I before E, except after C" works in most cases but there are exceptions.
Dexter St. Clair
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby applemaca » Sun May 22, 2011 9:55 pm

Dexter St. Clair wrote:That would be the Wealth and safety regulation that states to make a profit one must get customers into your establishment. Once they're there and have paid up they can make their own way out.

ha ha. trouble was they didnae want them in to let them oot in the first place...... ::):
“Let me in old pensioner……for I am a bogus gasman, wi fake ID, n’am here tae ransack yur hoose!”
applemaca
First Stripe
First Stripe

Postby yoker brian » Mon May 23, 2011 12:28 pm

Could it possibly be that they won't reverse the direction of the esculator - so as to prevent people who are blind or partially sighted from incurring injury, who may not be aware of the change in direction.?
Milk Sucks, Got Beer?
yoker brian
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby tobester » Mon May 23, 2011 6:09 pm

yoker brian wrote:Could it possibly be that they won't reverse the direction of the esculator - so as to prevent people who are blind or partially sighted from incurring injury, who may not be aware of the change in direction.?

That's probably it in a nutshell YB
tobester
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby Dexter St. Clair » Mon May 23, 2011 9:29 pm

yoker brian wrote:Could it possibly be that they won't reverse the direction of the esculator - so as to prevent people who are blind or partially sighted from incurring injury, who may not be aware of the change in direction.?

What's stopping them from falling in the current hole where up escalator used to be?

Any other company lackeys ready to jump in with an excuse?
Dexter St. Clair
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby Doorstop » Mon May 23, 2011 9:34 pm

Nae room for prisoners in Camp Dexter. ::):
I like him ... He says "Okie Dokie!"
Doorstop
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby tobester » Mon May 23, 2011 10:06 pm

Dont forget the 'sue them brigade' would wank themselves silly

This is what happened the last time they reversed an escalator at central

tobester
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby banjo » Tue May 24, 2011 1:01 pm

nah,hes just pished.
banjo
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby yoker brian » Wed May 25, 2011 9:50 pm

Dexter St. Clair wrote:Any other company lackeys ready to jump in with an excuse?

Evidence Please
Milk Sucks, Got Beer?
yoker brian
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby Dexter St. Clair » Thu May 26, 2011 6:25 am

yoker brian wrote:
Dexter St. Clair wrote:Any other company lackeys ready to jump in with an excuse?

Evidence Please

QED
Dexter St. Clair
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby rabmania » Thu May 26, 2011 7:53 am

Dexter St. Clair wrote:
yoker brian wrote:

Evidence Please

QED

::):
rabmania
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby InkMan » Thu May 26, 2011 9:51 am

Dexter St. Clair wrote:

What's stopping them from falling in the current hole where up escalator used to be?

Any other company lackeys ready to jump in with an excuse?

Dexter,

Considering the work you seem to do with the fantastic Sunny Govan, a station who I know through their efforts assisting young people with additional support needs I am surprised by that response.

If it wasn't for the No Win No Fee vultures (stand up Messers Kelly and Findlay) and the some of the parasites who exploit this important service then situations such as this wouldn't arise.

Shuggy
Cleggy you snickering floppy eared hound when courage is needed, you're ne'er around.
Those medals you wear on your moth-eaten chest should be there for bungling at which you are best.
InkMan
Second Stripe
Second Stripe

Postby Doorstop » Thu May 26, 2011 10:09 am

Much as I also deplore the "No Win No Fee" ambulance chasing shysters, the alternative is equally if not more unpalatable.

Take away the opportunity to raise legal action through a 'no win no fee' lawyer (as is happening at present incidentally through Govertmental edicts presently going through the machinery - see the AJAG - Access to Justice Action Group site) and you take away the average persons ability to redress wrongs without incurring severe financial risk to themselves.

The Government is trying to remove the underwriting for lawyers taking these cases thereby forcing them to curtail which cases they take down to the bare minimum of those they are absolutely certain they can win .. or the plaintiff can pay for.

This can only lead to a further divide in the legal system between the haves and the have nots, something which is already unacceptable. Taking away a persons ability to use this option is only going to make things a damn site worse.
I like him ... He says "Okie Dokie!"
Doorstop
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby InkMan » Thu May 26, 2011 10:22 am

Doorstop,

I agree completely. My use of language referring to parasites and vultures may have negated the comment relating to how this is an important service may have made this unclear.

Sorry mate

Shuggy
Cleggy you snickering floppy eared hound when courage is needed, you're ne'er around.
Those medals you wear on your moth-eaten chest should be there for bungling at which you are best.
InkMan
Second Stripe
Second Stripe

PreviousNext

Return to Glasgow Chat (Coffee Lounge)