Postby Doorstop » Thu Feb 21, 2008 5:01 pm

No worries RP.
I like him ... He says "Okie Dokie!"
Doorstop
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Re: Drumchapel fao The Clincher

Postby The_Clincher » Sun Feb 24, 2008 2:42 pm

neilo wrote:Slightly off topic mate, recently watched the Just Another Saturday DVD, was wondering if you'd be able to shed some light on some of the other locations in the film! Was particularily interested in the scenes when the band left kelvingrove park on the march home! A great shot of an old church and blackened tenements, it looked as if it was possibly finneston but i had trouble placing anywhere! Thought I could make out a street sign that said West XXXXX Green Street. As the march continues they pass Chancelot Mill (?)on their way to the "Fenian Alley" (apologies for the crude language)...as the marchers prepare to walk down there you can see some high flats in the backgound but once agin couldn't place them, thought maybe Govan, the flats looked like the 3 tower blocks behind Ibrox Stadium!

John, the central character, is on a bus near the beginning as he travels to meet up with his band mates, the bus passes rows of granite tenements..any ideas where that was???

I'm very demanding, aren't I !!!
Any pointers would be greatly appreciated,

thanks, Neil

Neilo...accept my apologies for taking so long to reply...i do have some pics/info for you-

Stills from Just another Saturday as follows-

Abbotshall Avenue

Abottshall avenue looking toward Clydebank

Abbotshall Avenue tenement verandah

Lochgoin Shops

View of Halgreen Ave from Abbotshall

Water tower from Achamore Road
The_Clincher
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Re: Drumchapel

Postby robertpool » Sun Feb 24, 2008 3:37 pm

Shops in Lochgoin Ave????? These shops are between Lochgoin and Fasque, whats the name of the street?
robertpool
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby Bawheid99 » Sun Feb 24, 2008 7:33 pm

robertpool wrote:Shops in Lochgoin Ave????? These shops are between Lochgoin and Fasque, whats the name of the street?

The shops in the photo were in Ladyloan Place which ran between Ladyloan Ave and Achamore Road.(Parallel with Fasque Place)
Just discovered this forum and the Drumchapel thread caught my eye ,as I grew up there.
The photos are all very interesting and bring back memories. Thanks everyone involved.
Bawheid99
Just settling in
Just settling in

Postby fermex » Wed Feb 27, 2008 5:45 pm

Hey this is a great thread. Iwas born and raised in drumchapel. Grew up in Drummore Rd til i was 18, then moved to a newly built semi in Kinclaven RD which i still live in. I wish there was more pics about.

Some of you must remember the photographer geezer that used to visit all the primary schools and take pictures every year, what the hell happened to them pictures,:).

It would be good to see some old pics of drummore & kinclaven shops...i know there was an episode of taggart where you saw the kinclaven shops...can anyone remember what episode it was in?

I'm gonna take some pics of the drum at the weekend just to show some new areas...will post em here on mon when i get back into work.
fermex
Just settling in
Just settling in

Postby robertpool » Wed Feb 27, 2008 8:33 pm

There used to be a website called 'OOR DRUM' which had loads of old school photos, sadly the site seems to be closed.

p.s. I never found any photos of me in them...must have dogged school every time the guy came to take the photos, coodny aford them anyway. we wuz a poor family from Dunkenny Road and l had nay pals so my maw used to tie a bone roon ma neck so the dug would play with me...honest...as shoor as ma name is Andy Gray.
robertpool
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby robertpool » Mon Mar 03, 2008 10:00 am

some more 'Just Another Saturday' clips.

I spotted the St.Andrews (at least I think it was called the St.Andrews) Acc Band in the film and reconise a few faces, do any of you older Drum members spot anyone you know.

At this point I would have inseted the photos but I cant seem to get the hang of it. When I hit the IMG buttton on the menu it does not allow me to insert the pics. Come on Admin how do I get round this without having to upload them to my flickr account first.
robertpool
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby glasgowken » Mon Mar 03, 2008 10:12 am

You must upload them to an online photo host, such as your Flickr account, Photobucket, Tinypic, etc, and link it from there, it won't work direct from your PC.
glasgowken
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby My Kitten » Mon Mar 03, 2008 10:16 am

robertpool wrote:At this point I would have inseted the photos but I cant seem to get the hang of it. When I hit the IMG buttton on the menu it does not allow me to insert the pics. Come on Admin how do I get round this without having to upload them to my flickr account first.

You'll have to use a host for your files see here FAQ POSTING TIPS
My Kitten
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby robertpool » Mon Mar 03, 2008 10:54 am

got it!!

reconise anyone?
robertpool
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby tombro » Sun Mar 09, 2008 9:51 am

Again I find myself replying to Robert Pool's input.

Searching for information on Drumchapel, my first contact was with the 'OorDrum' site. It's so sad that it no longer exists as I enjoyed the chat and the School Pictures. I actually sent along two pics from St Sixtus School in the period 1958-59 featuring both my class and my brother (Joe's) class (with the names of those we could both remember ) but they were there for only a couple of weeks before the site disappeared.

That another contributor to 'OorDrum' was Isobel Coral who sent pictures of Camus Place school also intrigued me as I used to live next door to her in Airgold Drive !

Thanks for reviving another memory, Robert !

Regards

Tombro
Today is the first day of the rest of your life !
tombro
Second Stripe
Second Stripe

Postby Dexter St. Clair » Sun Mar 09, 2008 9:30 pm

I don't think those photos were taken in Drumchapel. Maybe Maryhill, possibly Cathcart. I was going to say Brigton but there's too much green for that.
"I before E, except after C" works in most cases but there are exceptions.
Dexter St. Clair
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby tobester » Sun Mar 09, 2008 9:54 pm

the orange hall they used in that movie is the hughes memorial hall on sandbank street.
tobester
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby HollowHorn » Sun Mar 09, 2008 10:21 pm

Dexter St. Clair wrote:I don't think those photos were taken in Drumchapel. Maybe Maryhill, possibly Cathcart. I was going to say Brigton but there's too much green for that.

Give it a rest, Dex.
HollowHorn
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

PreviousNext

Return to Glasgow Chat (Coffee Lounge)