Crime Desk

Moderators: John, Sharon, Fossil, Lucky Poet, crusty_bint, Jazza, dazza

Postby Fossil » Thu Mar 25, 2004 8:14 pm

win lose or draw with Johnny Bettie... I think the prize was a Decanter with 4 glasses....classy
Bum tit tit bum tit tit play yer hairy banjo
Fossil
-
-

Postby Ronnie » Thu Mar 25, 2004 8:27 pm

How about this for a design ...

My brother raided
Tom Weir's washing
line and all I got was
this lousy T-shirt!!
upupdowndownleftrightleftrightbastart
Ronnie
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby AMcD » Thu Mar 25, 2004 10:44 pm

The Modern Fossil wrote:win lose or draw with Johnny Bettie... I think the prize was a Decanter with 4 glasses....classy

Wiz it no' Now.... You..... See.... It.... with Johnny Beatie. A kind of glorified wordsearch? I cannae remember much aboot it, but I vaguely remember the electronic board thing rotating roon'.
AMcD
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

correct

Postby Pgcc93 » Fri Mar 26, 2004 1:07 am

amcd wrote:
The Modern Fossil wrote:win lose or draw with Johnny Bettie... I think the prize was a Decanter with 4 glasses....classy

Wiz it no' Now.... You..... See.... It.... with Johnny Beatie. A kind of glorified wordsearch? I cannae remember much aboot it, but I vaguely remember the electronic board thing rotating roon'.

I think you win this bout of Game Show trivia amcd. I think Modern Fossil was relaxing in a gentleman's way when he was watching Win Lose or Draw. Was it not that short arsed Danny baker then ....dare I utter his name Shane Ritchie. Hold on I think I'm about to be sic.....
Pgcc93
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby Pgcc93 » Fri Mar 26, 2004 1:17 am

Ronnie wrote:How about this for a design ...

My brother raided
Tom Weir's washing
line and all I got was
this lousy T-shirt!!

::): I'd copyright that like it was yesterday Ronnie. Auld Tams getting on a bit so much so you can almost smell the steak pie. Do it the easy way (cheap) an SAE to yourself with the above logo in an envelope, get the PO to franc (stamp) the licked down end of the envelope.....Viola! retirement sooner rather than later :wink: and under no circumstances open it until the court case. Which will no doubt be Scott Vs CocaCola Inc.
We can negotiate my cut in due course.
-G-
Pgcc93
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

johnny beattie

Postby stunev » Fri Mar 26, 2004 10:52 am

Anyone notice that when the sainted Johnny attended Rikki Fulton's funeral he was wearing the same bloody awful anorak that he wears in River City, you'ld think after all these year in "showbiz" he would have a suit even if it was only a red spangly one from some stage show!
stunev
Busy bunny
Busy bunny

Now you see it

Postby stunev » Fri Mar 26, 2004 10:56 am

Seem to remember that Steve Hamilton did the voice overs for this show and after announcing that the show was called Now You See It intoned "Now You See Him - your host Johnny Beattie!" cue enthusiastic applause from the audience.
stunev
Busy bunny
Busy bunny

Postby DickyHart » Fri Mar 26, 2004 3:11 pm

There is a tape of a winner on "now you see it" and the winner trying to get the money from beattie who won't give it to him, the guys reaching his hand out and beattie is showing it to the cameram every time the guy reaches for it, beattie snatches it away. he got a cheque six weeks later.
Is this gonna be a standup fight, sir, or another bughunt?
DickyHart
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby Fossil » Fri Mar 26, 2004 3:18 pm

DickyHart wrote:There is a tape of a winner on "now you see it" and the winner trying to get the money from beattie who won't give it to him, the guys reaching his hand out and beattie is showing it to the cameram every time the guy reaches for it, beattie snatches it away. he got a cheque six weeks later.

here dicky it wis nae you wiz it? :)
Fossil
-
-

Postby Fossil » Fri Apr 02, 2004 1:53 pm

aw right it was't on telly but does anyone remember
radioclyde (261) with Richard Parks and his show called" Dr Dicks midnight surgery" ::):
Fossil
-
-

Postby Ronnie » Fri Apr 02, 2004 3:11 pm

Yes, Richard "Ibrox" Parks, who memorably shouted in the middle of a football commentary featuring a certain team "... and we've scored!" Bing Hitler did a very good spoof on one of his albums, called Late Night DJ.
upupdowndownleftrightleftrightbastart
Ronnie
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby james73 » Fri Apr 02, 2004 9:42 pm

Ronnie wrote:Yes, Richard "Ibrox" Parks, who memorably shouted in the middle of a football commentary featuring a certain team "... and we've scored!" Bing Hitler did a very good spoof on one of his albums, called Late Night DJ.

Aberdeen 1 -1 Rangers, 1987 - Rangers needed a point to win their
first title since 1978.

ps - Dick weren't no Eberdeen fan... :wink:

James H
james73
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby Kirsty » Sat Apr 03, 2004 10:07 am

I have nightmares about Johnny Beattie!! I used to work in a shop in Byres Road which he used and lets just say he wasn't the easiest of customers!!!!
Kirsty
Second Stripe
Second Stripe

Postby YokerBloke » Sun Jul 18, 2004 11:49 am

I remember hearing a story about the 'celebrity' cretin Bryan Burnett (Brian with a Y ffs) going into a clothes shop in the City Centre. After paying for his stuff, he allegedly said to one of the assistants 'Thank you for not making a fuss over me'
God, I hope that story is true.
http://www.tracertong.co.uk
YokerBloke
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Johnny Beattie

Postby skintobalinto » Sun Jul 18, 2004 1:58 pm

Kirsty wrote:I have nightmares about Johnny Beattie!! I used to work in a shop in Byres Road which he used and lets just say he wasn't the easiest of customers!!!!

I have a payback story

I was at a works do a few years ago and Johnny Beattie was the after dinner speaker. He did his bit which was ok then he mingled with everyone after the meal a co worker kept following him about the room saying "CAN YOU SEE IT, CAN YOU SEE IT, NOW YOU SEE IT" he thought this was funny at first, then became very agitated because she was quite drunk and every time he spoke to someone new she would start again.

He was supposed to stay for a while and mingle but he buggered off early.

The girl fell asleep in the toilet, missed the first hour of the staff conference the next day and had to keep excusing herself to run to the toilet to be sick.

Staff do's are brill for scandal and goss.
skintobalinto
Second Stripe
Second Stripe

PreviousNext

Return to Glasgow Chat (Coffee Lounge)