Last Famous Person You Saw On The Streets Of Glasgow was...

Moderators: John, Sharon, Fossil, Lucky Poet, crusty_bint, Jazza, dazza

Postby HollowHorn » Wed Oct 19, 2005 1:08 am

HollowHorn
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby YokerBloke » Wed Oct 19, 2005 5:40 am

Saw Billy Connolly outside Dino's in Sauchiehall street around 1990. Also walked into Elaine C Smith coming out of Antipasti on Byres Rd. I Didnt see her, shes tiny! Nice woman btw.

There's been a few others, like Shereen Nanjiani trying to get into Club Cini, and failing. Bryan fucking Burnett pushing by shoppers on Renfield St, you never have a brick when you need one. Ginger tosser.

The Chewin the Fat boys, in the Maltman one sunday night recently.
YokerBloke
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby Bex Bissell » Wed Oct 19, 2005 8:44 am

The Grosvenor Hotel and the woman who played Effie in Take The High Rd, (also in Balamory) spent the night hersel propping up the bar and knocking back the Bombay Saphires.
I also know someone who witnessed John Toy falling in and out of a taxi completly mortal.
Mates sisters wedding years ago, Shareen and Kay Adams.
Peter Mcloy would sit at the spare seat beside me at Ibrox once he had finnished doing his Corp Hosp bit, nice big fella.
Best quote i heard was from a mate who was in Monte Carlo for the day, and spotted Elle Mcpherson with her little un and mum, his quote was "She's no got much of an arse and is a bit freckly" 8O
I shouted "Haw Big Yin at Billy C" many years ago from a car in St.vincent St.
Met Johnny Beatie at my schools sports day and took the piss by intentionally mistaking him for Stanley Baxter and asking him to do that impression he does of the queen amongst others.
"Sorry, your thinking about Stanley Baxter, I'm Johnny Beatie"
"Well do that, herra merra skerra thing you do, thats magic"
"Listen son I'm no who you think I am, Now You See It, do you know that?"
"Aye, I do, I love that, whats it like working wi Henry Kelly and Jeremy Beadle that must be a laugh?"

He walked away, laughing.
Bex Bissell
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby Fossil » Wed Oct 19, 2005 9:09 am

YokerBloke wrote:............. Also walked into Elaine C Smith coming out of Antipasti on Byres Rd. I Didnt see her, shes tiny! Nice woman btw......

should that no be BBW ::):
Bum tit tit bum tit tit play yer hairy banjo
Fossil
-
-

Postby mustardman » Wed Oct 19, 2005 2:33 pm

Funny, I've always been around the crew of Rab.C for years, used to live next door to Barbera Rafferty(Ella), went to school with her son. Very frequently met Eric Cullen a.k.a Wee Burnie and Tony Roper. Never met Gregor Fisher, however, my flatmate up here is goodmates with his son...studies English at Aberdeen uni. Quite a nice guy, quiet, looks very much like Gregor.

From time to time when down the road, always see that Bryan Burnett guy. Yeah, and Ford Kiernan cutting about in his Smart Car or his Mercedes 4X4 thinga. Saw him at Gig in the green 2 years ago, to which I shouted "gonnae no dae that"......gave me a growl, as everyone from then on noticed him. HAHA!

Met 'Lee Scratch Perry' one time at a club i used to work at. Smoked the biggest joint I have ever seen, wearing a hat with mirrors glued to it. Eccentric by a long mile!
mustardman
Second Stripe
Second Stripe

Postby Vladimir » Wed Oct 19, 2005 2:55 pm

Never met Gregor Fisher, however

Took his daughter to nursery a few times when my sister was there, saw him then.
Vladimir
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby HollowHorn » Wed Oct 19, 2005 3:24 pm

Bought Elvis Costello a pinta lager in the Barraland at a Pogues gig, does that count :?
HollowHorn
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby Pgcc93 » Wed Oct 19, 2005 3:52 pm

HollowHorn wrote:Bought Elvis Costello a pinta lager in the Barraland at a Pogues gig, does that count :?

Nope

::):
Pgcc93
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby YokerBloke » Wed Oct 19, 2005 5:55 pm

A couple more...

Saw Dave Anderson running down Castle St towards the old A&E dept, don't know if he was going in or not. I also worked with the wife of Gerrard Kellys brother. he came in one day to drive her home, and is the spit of Gerrard.

Tiger Tim at the opening of a block of houses behind me about 16 years ago...

Saw Bryan Burnett hit by a Car, then a bus and finally a steamroller.... then I bloody woke up! :twisted:
YokerBloke
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby McShad » Wed Oct 19, 2005 6:38 pm

I had to work with Ford Kiernan and Greg Hempill for a day while they filmed for Chewin' The Fat
McShad
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby Schiehallion » Wed Oct 19, 2005 6:40 pm

Saw Heather the Weather in Gordon St. Went on my tiptoes to peer into Waterstones, Union St to see Muhammad Ali. Keep seeing Bernard Ponsonby everywhere!
Schiehallion
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Re: Last Famous Person You Saw On The Streets Of Glasgow was

Postby duncan » Wed Oct 19, 2005 7:34 pm

Bex Bissell wrote:A colleague met Sean Connery in a airline lounge during the summer, a friendly question & answer conversation was had, cut a long story short he (Tam) ended their conversation with "Petula Clark, up the arse 1967"

hasn't this passed into urban myth by now?

sat next to Magnus Magnusson in a coffee shop on Sauchiehall Street once. He was picking up an honorary doctorate or something, from the uni. Smoked a pipe.
duncan
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby My Kitten » Wed Oct 19, 2005 7:37 pm

My brother peed beside magnus in a bar up sauchiehall st, cant remember the name of it now, one of those poncy ones its got leaning glass windows and plastic chairs
My Kitten
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby mustardman » Wed Oct 19, 2005 7:38 pm

I do see that everyone from time to time bumps into that Bryan Burnett cunt....I saw him even in Market street up here about 2 years ago.

Likes take him home, make him do ironing, or something that will keep him occupied, as opposed to wandering the streets aimlessly
mustardman
Second Stripe
Second Stripe

Postby Fossil » Wed Oct 19, 2005 7:40 pm

just incase nobody knows who were talking about
Bum tit tit bum tit tit play yer hairy banjo
Fossil
-
-

PreviousNext

Return to Glasgow Chat (Coffee Lounge)