Parkhead Train Station

Moderators: John, Sharon, Fossil, Lucky Poet, crusty_bint, Jazza, dazza

Postby Craigyboy7 » Mon Jul 18, 2005 12:39 am

I agree i work in the forge and im fed up having to get off at bellgrove and get a bus, when they could just build a train station right at the back of it, its definently cheaper than laying new track etc
Craigyboy7
Busy bunny
Busy bunny

Postby Gordy18 » Tue Jul 19, 2005 3:40 am

After searching on google for tunnels under glasgow, found this...I think it's the tunnel thats being discussed. Thought I'd share just incase it was of any use :)

Link:

Parkhead South

http://www.leverton.org/tunnels/glasgow/index.html

Sorry if this is useless
Gordy18
Busy bunny
Busy bunny

Postby Dexter St. Clair » Tue Jul 19, 2005 9:33 am

Gordy18 wrote:After searching on google for tunnels under glasgow, found this...I think it's the tunnel thats being discussed. Thought I'd share just incase it was of any use :)

Link:

Parkhead South

http://www.leverton.org/tunnels/glasgow/index.html

I had not een the site before so thanks. It pointed in this direction and i amsure it is more than familiar to Glasgow tunnel fans on this site http://www.urbanadventure.org/2005/2002trip/scotland/index.html

However I was interested in the Yorkhill Tunnel as there was a party in it on Saturday. I know one of the DJ's who had not been happy with the sound sytem at a previous party. So before the end of term he had asked his professor about the distribution of sound in a parabola. The Prof at first advised the musicians should play without amplification. On being informed that it was a pair of decks, an amplifier and speakers he came up with the answer. Have the backs of the speakers facing the wall and angle them outwards down either end of the tunnel so that the sound would bounce without echoing back.

It appeared to work. The party finished at eight
Dexter St. Clair
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby smartie » Wed Jul 20, 2005 5:19 pm

would that be radar james by any chance ?
smartie
Second Stripe
Second Stripe

Postby Alycidon » Wed Jul 27, 2005 8:03 pm

Could this project be under review in light of (ahem) tonight's performance. Still I suppose class 50s (or should I say 5:0s) could be used on the shuttles.

(PS I would gloat over a gers humiliation as well!!)
Alycidon
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby Timchilli » Wed Jul 27, 2005 8:18 pm

Alycidon wrote:Could this project be under review in light of (ahem) tonight's performance. Still I suppose class 50s (or should I say 5:0s) could be used on the shuttles.

(PS I would gloat over a gers humiliation as well!!)

The Huns are more than entitled to laugh at Celtic's performance tonight. I'd be pissing myself if they'd gone down 5-0 to a decidedly average European team.

Off topic, I know, but I'm beyond caring.

Tim.
Timchilli
Second Stripe
Second Stripe

Previous

Return to Glasgow Chat (Coffee Lounge)