FastTickets?

Moderators: John, Sharon, Fossil, Lucky Poet, crusty_bint, Jazza, dazza

FastTickets?

Postby viceroy » Fri May 13, 2005 8:26 pm

A word of warning to those collecting prebooked tickets from the FastTicket machines at Glasgow Central [or at any other station for that matter]. Check your tickets before leaving the station, don't just assume the technology is infallible.

I was there today to pick up a set of Glasgow-London return tickets. The machine disgorged an outward ticket for Manchester instead of London. The return ticket was for London-Glasgow but showed a date much later than the one I intend to travel on. Funnily enough the reservation dockets which came out showed the correct details. I got hold of one of the clerks who opened up the offending machine and spent some time farting about inside it, then gave up and issued me replacement tickets from his window.

So be warned and check them, or you may have an unpleasant surprise when the conductor [or whatever they're called these days] comes round during your train jouney.

Anybody else had similar experiences with these machines?
viceroy
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby martin » Sat May 14, 2005 9:16 am

They've normally worked fine for me - but I have occasionally got a wee bit of a fright when picking up tickets a few days in advance: when printing, the display can only cope with "Date of travel: Today" or "Tomorrow".

There was one occasion when the machine had no record of my tickets, which was rather worrying, a mere 10 minutes before I was due to leave for London. But the nice people at the window sorted that for me.
martin
Second Stripe
Second Stripe

Re: FastTickets?

Postby paladin » Sat May 14, 2005 9:21 am

viceroy wrote:Anybody else had similar experiences with these machines?

Never have....or will have. I always book at least 14 days in advance and get them delivered by post, after checking the ticket details online (and via e-mail).......worked out 100% so far.......so that the Train Manager can inspect the said tickets.

8)
paladin
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby martin » Sat May 14, 2005 9:48 am

paladin wrote:Never have....or will have. I always book at least 14 days in advance and get them delivered by post, after checking the ticket details online (and via e-mail)
Ah, if only I could be that organised..
martin
Second Stripe
Second Stripe

Postby paladin » Sat May 14, 2005 10:06 am

martin wrote:
paladin wrote:Never have....or will have. I always book at least 14 days in advance and get them delivered by post, after checking the ticket details online (and via e-mail)
Ah, if only I could be that organised..

It's more to being economically challenging than being organised I can assure you.
:)
paladin
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby crazygray23 » Sat May 14, 2005 9:22 pm

first scotrail have ticket conductors advertised as `fraud security guards` in the jobcentre and the sods who stand on the platform and check you ticket when your in a hurry are `ticket inspectors`
crazygray23
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby paladin » Sun May 15, 2005 6:51 am

Virgin Trains, it's the Train Manager that looks at your tickets, and the staff member in charge of the onboard shoppe?.........that will be the Retail Services Manager ........never been formally introduced to the staff that go up & down the train collecting rubbish from passengers.....but I guess that they will have a Manager in their job title too.
8)
paladin
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby Flyingscot » Sun May 15, 2005 10:36 am

crazygray23 wrote:first scotrail have ticket conductors advertised as `fraud security guards` in the jobcentre and the sods who stand on the platform and check you ticket when your in a hurry are `ticket inspectors`

I thought it was RPO, or Revenue Protection Officers. Why give everyone a nice title for the birth certificate...
Flyingscot
Second Stripe
Second Stripe

Return to Glasgow Chat (Coffee Lounge)