Moderators: John, Sharon, Fossil, Lucky Poet, crusty_bint, Jazza, dazza

Postby james73 » Fri Jun 17, 2005 7:01 pm

I loved cycling over that bridge - it was great. :cry:

James H
james73
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby lightbody » Sat Jul 09, 2005 10:01 pm

I live just up from all this desctruction at Broomhill Cross on Crow Road however was blissfully unaware until I was out for a cycle last week - I was gobsmacked. I'd not heard a word about this.

An American lady tourist on a bike stopped me to ask me where the cycle path was. I explained there had been a cycle path, "just over there", until last week, but that she'd have to take her chances on South Street.

The flats are all right on the waters edge - you can't even see the river. For a brief period after the granary was gone, you became aware that the river was actually there, now its completely hidden by these hideous flats. one part of it is over 20 stories tall (i counted).

The other amusing thing is that the rear balconies of the flats that face the road, are in constant shade due to the monster block of flats at the rivers edge. At about 5pm on a lovely midsummers night, they were in shade and the people who were moving in looked seriously miffed.

I'll stick with my 1898 tenement flat, thank you very much...
lightbody
Busy bunny
Busy bunny

Postby StevenJ » Sun Jul 17, 2005 9:29 pm

Return of UUU wrote:According to The Herald http://www.theherald.co.uk/news/41149.html, it seems as though the Glasgow Harbour developers have ........

does anyone have a copy of this? as the artilce is no longer on the Herald website :(
StevenJ
Second Stripe
Second Stripe

Re: Cycle Route

Postby Shazbat » Sun Apr 11, 2010 12:12 pm

Bumpitybump.

The sun's out, folks in the city are buck nekkid and I fancy doing something rash like going out on my bike. 8O
Haven't cycled in yonks and am a bit scared of the traffic so considering heading out along the cyclepath to Bowling.
Will be leaving from Hyndland - does anyone know if the access point at Merkland Street is straightforwrd enough to find?

Thanks.
Shazbat
Second Stripe
Second Stripe

Postby yoker brian » Sun Apr 11, 2010 12:19 pm

Shazbat wrote:Bumpitybump.

The sun's out, folks in the city are buck nekkid and I fancy doing something rash like going out on my bike. 8O
Haven't cycled in yonks and am a bit scared of the traffic so considering heading out along the cyclepath to Bowling.
Will be leaving from Hyndland - does anyone know if the access point at Merkland Street is straightforwrd enough to find?

Thanks.

Yes - go through the gap (where the underpass used to be) between Partick Station & Morrisons cross over Beith Street you cant miss it
Milk Sucks, Got Beer?
yoker brian
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby Shazbat » Sun Apr 11, 2010 12:27 pm

Cheers Brian.
Heading off soon with ma pieces.

S.
Shazbat
Second Stripe
Second Stripe