Family history

Moderators: John, Sharon, Fossil, Lucky Poet, crusty_bint, Jazza, dazza

Family history

Postby Scottiedog » Tue Mar 29, 2005 11:47 am

I'm try to trace anything to do with my fathers business in the early 1960's. His company was Berriedale electrics and prior to that Modern Electrics, who had offices in suachiehall st, and townhead st. any suggestions on where i can find references to interesting stuff on the internet

Tue 29.03.2005 @ 13:23
Scottiedog
Just settling in
Just settling in

Re: Family history

Postby DMcNay » Tue Mar 29, 2005 12:58 pm

Scottiedog wrote:I'm try to trace anything to do with my fathers business in the early 1960's. His company was Berriedale electrics and prior to that Modern Electrics, who had offices in suachiehall st, and townhead st. any suggestions on where i can find references to interesting stuff on the internet

Tue 29.03.2005 @ 13:23

On the internet I've no idea, but try the Mitchell Library for a non-online source of information. Ask the staff, they're usually quite helpful.
Too few hours in the day.
DMcNay
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby johnnyanglia » Tue Mar 29, 2005 9:09 pm

Hi, I would be inclined to look at the Post Office directories held in the Mitchell. I would then contact some of the sites dedicated to all things arcane electrical e.g. 405 Alive(early television)and enquire what trade magazines existed at the time and try and source them or at the very least get someone with these mags to check them out. These mags do exist and they are a wealth of information.
johnnyanglia
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Return to Glasgow Chat (Coffee Lounge)