The days of CB radio, who was...

Moderators: John, Sharon, Fossil, Lucky Poet, crusty_bint, Jazza, dazza

Postby ramor69 » Wed Jul 05, 2006 3:07 pm

Jupiter-Returns wrote:Blimey, CB's 'crazy noises and distant voices' ::):

I'd love to get back on one if given the chance. There was a woman round my way when I was wee called 'Mental Lentil' she was on all the time and had some set-up. Anyone remember her? Cardonald?

btw, what does 'an eyeball' mean again...sounds so familiar.

'Side'

'Side'

'Side come in' ::): love it.


Yep, her name was May. She used to let everyone and anyone
into her house. Had some great times there 8O . She used to
stay up the Moss Heights then moved to Queensland Dr.

Eyeball means a meeting which you would usually do after
chatting to someone for a while and getting to know them
a bit, either one to one or in a crowd. Just like the HG
nights out I guess.

Sorry big/davie just saw your last post :roll:
We're in the stickiest situation since Sticky the Stick Insect got stuck on a sticky bun.
User avatar
ramor69
Second Stripe
Second Stripe
 
Posts: 373
Joined: Tue May 09, 2006 6:49 pm
Location: No tellin' ye

Postby big/davie » Wed Jul 05, 2006 11:49 pm

never got into may's(house that is) isnt she the one that had the ruler beside the door,and if you didnt measure up you didnt get in? 8O ::): rather than fit the bill,maybe i didnt fit the ruler :oops: ::): thought it was all about ariel size, maybe i was wrong.

went to a few cb partys,great fun,no trouble,get pissed,wake up beside some strange girl,5.30am go down and nick the rolls and milk from outside the shops(sorry mortons & whoever made the milk and galbraiths)the great thing then was there was never any trouble everyone got on with each other and always willing to help you if you were stuck or wanted a hand setting up stuff or putting up an ariel,once again the good old days

ps. anyone know anyone selling a time machine :? ::):
big/davie
Second Stripe
Second Stripe
 
Posts: 209
Joined: Fri Jun 23, 2006 1:18 pm

Postby pwh60_2 » Fri Jul 07, 2006 12:57 pm

Hi Davy
many years ago, went for an "eyeball" with UB40 in Ibrox, lovely night (or morning), a few of us sat on the steps having a good blether, trying out our "fortified" home made wine, as you do, next thing quite a few upset neighbours descended on us, shouting "FFS", "weans", "trying tae get tae sleep" - we bolted!
Aye, it was fun at the time!
pwh60, pwh60UK
User avatar
pwh60_2
Busy bunny
Busy bunny
 
Posts: 27
Joined: Sat Apr 01, 2006 2:53 pm
Location: Glasgow

Postby JayKay » Fri Jul 07, 2006 1:38 pm

Image

I'll maybe have one of these for the next end of month pub meeting
User avatar
JayKay
Third Stripe
Third Stripe
 
Posts: 1440
Joined: Wed Dec 18, 2002 4:29 pm

Postby big/davie » Fri Jul 07, 2006 2:21 pm

pwh60_2 wrote:Hi Davy
many years ago, went for an "eyeball" with UB40 in Ibrox, lovely night (or morning), a few of us sat on the steps having a good blether, trying out our "fortified" home made wine, as you do, next thing quite a few upset neighbours descended on us, shouting "FFS", "weans", "trying tae get tae sleep" - we bolted!
Aye, it was fun at the time!
where did ub40 live? think that rings a bell
big/davie
Second Stripe
Second Stripe
 
Posts: 209
Joined: Fri Jun 23, 2006 1:18 pm

Postby ramor69 » Fri Jul 07, 2006 3:09 pm

JayKay wrote:Image

I'll maybe have one of these for the next end of month pub meeting


YA THIEVING GIT!!!!
They cost me a fortune years ago.
Copyrighted,
Use it and I sue!!! :evil:
We're in the stickiest situation since Sticky the Stick Insect got stuck on a sticky bun.
User avatar
ramor69
Second Stripe
Second Stripe
 
Posts: 373
Joined: Tue May 09, 2006 6:49 pm
Location: No tellin' ye

Postby JayKay » Fri Jul 07, 2006 3:51 pm

heh heh...don't worry

You can hod back yer brief.
User avatar
JayKay
Third Stripe
Third Stripe
 
Posts: 1440
Joined: Wed Dec 18, 2002 4:29 pm

Postby ramor69 » Fri Jul 07, 2006 4:44 pm

Just as well for you, I was just about to get
onto Lionel Hutz. :oops:
We're in the stickiest situation since Sticky the Stick Insect got stuck on a sticky bun.
User avatar
ramor69
Second Stripe
Second Stripe
 
Posts: 373
Joined: Tue May 09, 2006 6:49 pm
Location: No tellin' ye

Postby pwh60_2 » Sat Jul 08, 2006 11:41 am

[/quote] where did ub40 live? think that rings a bell[/quote]

Ibrox is as near as I will say. Anyway, you don't need a time machine - never go to the Country and Western Clubs? Many of the old CBers there.

As far as I can make out, CB is not dead, it's just havin a kip!
pwh60, pwh60UK
User avatar
pwh60_2
Busy bunny
Busy bunny
 
Posts: 27
Joined: Sat Apr 01, 2006 2:53 pm
Location: Glasgow

Postby YokerBloke » Sun Jul 09, 2006 11:19 am

I remember going to Duplikats in Whiteinch around 1982 with my mate who loved CB to get his 'eyeball' cards done. I think he was 'Mr Blue Sky', an ELO fan.
http://www.tracertong.co.uk
User avatar
YokerBloke
Third Stripe
Third Stripe
 
Posts: 483
Joined: Tue Jul 13, 2004 1:05 pm
Location: Ma hoose

Postby ramor69 » Sun Jul 09, 2006 12:01 pm

YokerBloke wrote:I remember going to Duplikats in Whiteinch around 1982 with my mate who loved CB to get his 'eyeball' cards done. I think he was 'Mr Blue Sky', an ELO fan.


I recall Chicken Choker, Judas Priest and Sid Vicious
from your neck of the woods back then.
We're in the stickiest situation since Sticky the Stick Insect got stuck on a sticky bun.
User avatar
ramor69
Second Stripe
Second Stripe
 
Posts: 373
Joined: Tue May 09, 2006 6:49 pm
Location: No tellin' ye

Postby YokerBloke » Sun Jul 09, 2006 2:28 pm

I also vaguely remember one called 'Big Bopper' from Yoker.
http://www.tracertong.co.uk
User avatar
YokerBloke
Third Stripe
Third Stripe
 
Posts: 483
Joined: Tue Jul 13, 2004 1:05 pm
Location: Ma hoose

Postby ramor69 » Mon Jul 10, 2006 5:32 pm

Fixxed the maggy and fired up the rig today.
All I got was about 5 pounds of skip.
Good old spaghetti eh?.
Gonna be in Mosspark tonight, so I'll head up
to the top of the hill and see if there's any
lifeforms out there in cbland. I'll report back
if I have any success.
We're in the stickiest situation since Sticky the Stick Insect got stuck on a sticky bun.
User avatar
ramor69
Second Stripe
Second Stripe
 
Posts: 373
Joined: Tue May 09, 2006 6:49 pm
Location: No tellin' ye

Postby ramor69 » Tue Jul 11, 2006 9:19 pm

Well I tried Mosspark last night and it was crap, totally dead.
So tonight I headed up to "The Car-Park In The Sky" and
the amount of skip coming in was unbelievable. I could hear
French, Italians and Germans clear as a bell. I even
managed to get a (very) quick copy with a guy in Bognor
Regis, (not bad for a shitty wee mag-mount). He said this is
the busiest the thing has been in years. The only "friendly"
voice I heard was too busy dxing (without much success) to
bother with me. Must admit, I think I've got the bug again!
Think I'll stick the rig in for an MOT and maybe get a new
twig. Must be having a mid-life crisis or something, at least
its cheaper than buying a porsche. :?
We're in the stickiest situation since Sticky the Stick Insect got stuck on a sticky bun.
User avatar
ramor69
Second Stripe
Second Stripe
 
Posts: 373
Joined: Tue May 09, 2006 6:49 pm
Location: No tellin' ye

Postby Luco » Wed Jul 12, 2006 10:58 am

ramor69 wrote:Well I tried Mosspark last night and it was crap, totally dead.
So tonight I headed up to "The Car-Park In The Sky" and
the amount of skip coming in was unbelievable. I could hear
French, Italians and Germans clear as a bell. I even
managed to get a (very) quick copy with a guy in Bognor
Regis, (not bad for a shitty wee mag-mount). He said this is
the busiest the thing has been in years. The only "friendly"
voice I heard was too busy dxing (without much success) to
bother with me. Must admit, I think I've got the bug again!
Think I'll stick the rig in for an MOT and maybe get a new
twig. Must be having a mid-life crisis or something, at least
its cheaper than buying a porsche. :?


where is this car park you mention?
Luco
Second Stripe
Second Stripe
 
Posts: 94
Joined: Tue May 30, 2006 4:51 pm

PreviousNext

Return to Glasgow Chat (Coffee Lounge)

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: BTJustice and 4 guests