Hidden Glasgow - a fresh concept ?

Moderators: John, Sharon, Fossil, Lucky Poet, crusty_bint, Jazza, dazza

Postby escotregen » Tue Jan 17, 2006 11:45 am

Just in the passing meantime... I have thi week completed a large feasibility study for a community organisation where the study was funded by 'Awards for All'.

Working with the 'Awards for All' folks was a very positive and supportive experience for all concerned. They seem willing to work with you and be flexible; unlike most funders who can be very rigid and inflexible on critieria, objectives etc.
escotregen
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

advertising

Postby shortie » Sat Jan 21, 2006 9:31 am

Just a thought with regards getting more people involved on a local level what about librarys , more chance of attracting people of like mind and also a great place for free internet access....
shortie
Just settling in
Just settling in

Advertising

Postby ibtg » Sat Jan 21, 2006 7:19 pm

Just a note on the previous suggestion of Libraries. Our Club gets leaflets printed every year showing our syllabus and membership details at some cost for a small Club.
We rely on the Libraries to distribute them and display them to increase our membership.
A couple of years ago and again this year, despite the leaflets having been personally delivered to the Mitchell and addressed to the appropriate Dept., they have 'not been received', leaving us out-of-pocket and without our main means of attracting new members. So be warned!
By the way, our Club is The Old Glasgow Club. We take a great interest in the past, present and future of Glasgow, but are in the main an historical club (founded 1900) and not politically minded. Please excuse the 'plug', but here is our (basic) Club website.
http://www.oldglasgowclub.org.uk
ibtg
Second Stripe
Second Stripe

Postby Dexter St. Clair » Sun Jan 22, 2006 12:46 am

Fill in a customer comments card and speak to your local councillor. Glasgow City Council is the most parochial council in Scotland.

But your website could do with a refurbish.

Rather than put up photographs of your directors you should portray what your aims are, what projects you haveon the go and some illustration of your lecture programme.

You shoiuld add http://www.hiddenglasgow.com to your links and invite Ronnie to give a lecture.

Another lecture topic should be Did Strathclyde Regional Council take advantage of the building of the M8 through Charing Cross to build a tunnel network involving Strathclyde house, Pitt Street Police HQ, The Mitchell Library and Charing Cross Station, Eagle House and Bothwell street. That will certainly attract all of the paranoid nutters on here. Increase your income by selling them aluminium foil hats which stop radio signals controlling their thoughts.
Dexter St. Clair
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby ibtg » Sun Jan 22, 2006 9:44 pm

Thanks for the tips, Dexter. :)
I did say the website was basic - I'm only a learner! It's Work In Progress.
I think maybe the tunnel theory and aluminium hats are steps too far, but I'll bear the rest in mind.
ibtg
Second Stripe
Second Stripe

Postby allyharp » Sun Jan 22, 2006 10:33 pm

Frames are baaaad. :(
I see you used Frontpage so you might not even know what I'm talking about, but we're here to help. :)
allyharp
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Previous

Return to Glasgow Chat (Coffee Lounge)