Smudge, People's Palace cat

Moderators: John, Sharon, Fossil, Lucky Poet, crusty_bint, Jazza, dazza

Postby stinkpad » Wed Apr 20, 2005 11:45 am

Apollo wrote:Published for free on Wikipedia, or it was until a prolific contributer decided to edit it down to a few line to put it into proper Wikipedia style.

Heck, I don't really mind, that's the aim of the thing after all, but it was the first time I'd created a proper page rather than tweak existing stuff or add a stub, and I was going to use it as a learning exercise, and whoosh, there it went, right before my eyes.

Nothing to stop you changing it back though.
stinkpad
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby Apollo » Wed Apr 20, 2005 1:22 pm

escotregen
Thanks for that one. I often think folk think I'm losing it a bit when I tell them Elspeth was ousted from her post at the People's Palace. My one touch with sanity is a ET clipping from 13/11/00 with her photo captioned "ELSPETH KING, curator of the People's Palace and the victim of a mean-spirited political vendetta". No details in the article, but I only seem to have one page of a two page spread :oops:

Interesting about the play, where was the group? My mother was associated with some writers in the Dolphin centre and Crownpoint school back then.

stinkpad
True, but if it doesn't conform to style, someone will just revert it. Take a look at the page history. Search Smudge or Smudge (cat) then look at the page history. I'm not arguing the change as such, I just wanted to get there myself.

I know who did it, and coincdentally I've been in changing his pages about Glasgow Green, and he happily accepted my changes and even polished them up.
Apollo
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Smudge the Cat

Postby Bob Lawson » Thu Aug 23, 2007 3:04 pm

Have a look wilkpedia theres some info there. I have just completed a new guide book for Glasgow and Andrew Pollock at the People's Palace allowed me to take a photograph of his ceramic Smudge made by Margery Clinton to include in the spread.
Bob Lawson
Bob Lawson
Just settling in
Just settling in

Postby Alex Glass » Thu Aug 23, 2007 10:14 pm

Welcome to Hidden Glasgow Bob.

Don't be shy tell us more about your book. There is a topic

http://www.hiddenglasgow.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=5830&highlight=guide+books
Alex Glass
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Re: Smudge, People's Palace cat

Postby hound dog » Wed Jun 13, 2012 7:47 pm

Resurrecting an old thread here - don't know if there's anything more recent? Anyway, have just discovered that there is now a kind of "memorial" to Smudge at the People's Palace, tho' easily missed - it's on one of the flagtones at the side entrance near where picnic benches are. don't think many folk go in or out that way though :(
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
hound dog
Second Stripe
Second Stripe

Postby GilbertfieldROC » Wed Jun 13, 2012 11:27 pm

This was the first time I had heard about Smudge! If you do a quick Google there's an article about her published in an Ohio newspaper from 1988 - she truly was an international phenomenon!

http://news.google.com/newspapers?id=PJFPAAAAIBAJ&sjid=o1EDAAAAIBAJ&pg=6050%2C6315406
GilbertfieldROC
Busy bunny
Busy bunny

Postby hound dog » Sat Jun 16, 2012 2:00 pm

GilbertfieldROC wrote:This was the first time I had heard about Smudge! If you do a quick Google there's an article about her published in an Ohio newspaper from 1988 - she truly was an international phenomenon!

http://news.google.com/newspapers?id=PJFPAAAAIBAJ&sjid=o1EDAAAAIBAJ&pg=6050%2C6315406

Thanks for that - just came across that article a few days ago but wasn't sure whereabouts in the States it was from. :)
hound dog
Second Stripe
Second Stripe

Previous

Return to Glasgow Chat (Coffee Lounge)