Attacks on Woodlands Road

Moderators: John, Sharon, Fossil, Lucky Poet, crusty_bint, Jazza, dazza

Attacks on Woodlands Road

Postby dazza » Tue Dec 14, 2004 9:55 pm

Just to let you let you all know to be extra careful if you are in the Woodlands Road area at night. I know two people who were attacked by three asian youths (approx. 17-19yrs) at the weekend.
Both attacks were seperate incidents and unprovoked, and happened realatively early at night. Also, as far as i'm aware these are not the only incidents to have occured.
dazza
-
-

Postby dbfriends » Tue Dec 14, 2004 11:26 pm

Dear me, not nice.

I seem to remember there being a bit in the ET a couple of weeks back about an attack here too... just outside the Sainsbury's garage I think? From memory it only actually made news because the guy who was attacked (slashed ISTR) was saved by two River City "stars"... what a claim to fame...!
dbfriends
Just settling in
Just settling in

Postby shuttle534 » Mon Dec 20, 2004 1:50 am

Two of my friend were also attacked in the same street. One was kicked and the other punched. They were then chased along the street by a group of Asain youths who shouted that this was their hood now.
Hood??? 8O
Get a Fu***ng grip.
shuttle534
Second Stripe
Second Stripe

Postby turbozutek » Mon Dec 20, 2004 8:30 pm

Wait...

Were these Asians in a car without a tax disc ? Bald tyres ? Speeding ?

Cause if not, then I'm not sure what will be acheived by calling the police... Hey, but why not - it could work... maybe ?

Personally I think a good kicking might be in order - just work the numbers.

Chris...
turbozutek
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby leper_2000 » Mon Apr 11, 2005 12:34 am

any more? theres a group of guys that fit the description who stalk about dishing out dirty looks and barging u in the street as they walk past.. sortof reminded me of the grannies from monty python but wouldnt like 2 be on the street alone with them.. having said that, by the time the nice shiny polisman appears u might have a hole in you so the options for survival would seem to be:
a) chib the bastards - possible criminal charge agains you for carrying such an item..

b) cross the road and avoid all other human contact wherever possible

c) take the advice of the great richard prior who recommends kicking them swiflty and stoutly in the bollocks (stoutness is measured in the angle at which they crumple) and "RUN AWAY!!" yes. "RUN!!!!" a bruised ego heals a hell of a lot quicker than a broken jaw.

d) other - aye turbo has the idea.. theres a handy tool shop just down the street on great western road that should happily furnish all your needs..
leper_2000
Second Stripe
Second Stripe

Postby mrlipring » Mon Apr 11, 2005 1:09 am

leper_2000 wrote:b) cross the road

See, i'm of the opinion that that's a sign of weakness, encouraging them to target you.

I'd stay on that side of the road, EVEN IF I DIDN'T NEED TO, and stand my ground. Foolhardy, perhaps, but i'm stabwound free.
"You just keep pumping away until someone suitably qualified tells you to stop."
mrlipring
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby leper_2000 » Mon Apr 11, 2005 1:42 am

aye, that was in the same sentence as
avoid all other human contact wherever possible

old ladies need advice too my friend:)
leper_2000
Second Stripe
Second Stripe

Postby George » Mon Apr 11, 2005 6:04 am

I have experienced the gang of asian youths intimidation first hand, but in the Southside near Nithsdale road. My 'take' on it is the same as Mr Liprings....do not cross over the road...instead stare purposefully into their eyes and say 'I have no stab wounds..why is that?'...Then shoot them.

Go for a leg wound in the first instance..it usually is enough.
George
Second Stripe
Second Stripe

Postby red_kola » Mon Apr 11, 2005 12:11 pm

I lived in Woodlands for years. There has always been a lingering undercurrent between the local Asian youths and the nearby neds from St. George's Cross area. At times this has threatened to erupt into something more serious, but has generally been kept in check.

Occasionally however, both of these groups have had a pop at Students living in, or merely passing through the area. I don't think this problem is anywhere near as bad as it is in many other parts of Glasgow.

However, the fact that the local Asian kids are regularly subject to racist taunting and abuse from nearby neds does make them naturally suspicious of young, casually dressed white people. But unless you're acting like a dick there really shouldn't be a problem. There are also a few sad fuckers who really *do* think they are living in East LA, but save banning MTV or taking away daddy's car/allowance, what really can be done?
Destroy All Monsters
red_kola
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby leper_2000 » Mon Apr 11, 2005 3:09 pm

i prefer kneecaps, they arent so easy to fix. then go for a major artery or blood vessel in the upper leg. of course the glaswegian way seems to be up the arse. but good luck getting that with the first shot unless they decide to pull a braveheart on you..
leper_2000
Second Stripe
Second Stripe

Postby leper_2000 » Mon Apr 11, 2005 3:20 pm

for some reason reds post wasnt therea minute ago.. id agree with what u just said. if u dont act like a tit and dont give them dirty looks it probably doesnt do u any harm
..aint heard about any of them having knifes but knowing what the neds are like id well carry one if i was them. the wee dicks that hand around here break into our closes from time to time so they can have a wee party where they piss, drink cheap booze and leave a pair of boxer shorts by way of a thank you note to lacal tennants.. and theyre fucking cheeky little bastards too. well deserving of removal from the gene pool. although i obvoisly wont have anything to do with that part cos i have a clean slate..

but, it isnt that big a problem as far as i can see. i havent had any hassle of the asian guys and i walk up and down every day. and yeah that is a fair point about them getting abuse. i hear it all the time. although generally the people that are causing the problem arent the type ud want to "tick off" on your own.

i also like ur MTV point.. is there some way we can look at this properly?
our popular culture seems to be becoming more and more americanised and i mean that in the worst possible way. the whole climate of fear thing plus small kids growing up watching people shoot each other and beat the crap out of each other while in their formative years cant be all that healthy can it? especially when its made to look cool. but fuck it, why should some little pipsqueak like me have a say over big business.. after all they run the counttry!
Last edited by leper_2000 on Mon Apr 11, 2005 3:30 pm, edited 3 times in total.
leper_2000
Second Stripe
Second Stripe

Postby DMcNay » Mon Apr 11, 2005 3:23 pm

leper, please...break this up into paragraphs. Last time I saw that much text in one block I had to select "I agree to the license agreement" and then click contuinue....
Too few hours in the day.
DMcNay
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby leper_2000 » Mon Apr 11, 2005 3:29 pm

Doc Lightning wrote:leper, please...break this up into paragraphs. Last time I saw that much text in one block I had to select "I agree to the license agreement" and then click contuinue....

haha!! sorry about that. this is what happens when one goes one embarks upon a slight rant while not really thinking of the bigger picture.. i editied the original so please note that doctor lightning does not just have a short attention span.

ps doc, i liked the other guy with the beard that plays the doctor in Jaaaaam much more. in a hilarious twist of fate he was the doctor in eastenders a wee bit ago too. hardly anyone could understand why this was funny but the last thing i heard him talk about was lob rates..
leper_2000
Second Stripe
Second Stripe

Postby DMcNay » Mon Apr 11, 2005 3:30 pm

leper_2000 wrote:

ps doc, i liked the other guy with the beard that plays the doctor in Jaaaaam much more. in a hilarious twist of fate he was the doctor in eastenders a wee bit ago too. hardly anyone could understand why this was funny but the last thing i heard him talk about was lob rates..

If you mean the avatar, the one I have now is the same guy as the one with the beard. Although he was in Jaaaaaaaaaam as well.
Too few hours in the day.
DMcNay
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby Gazzathecoigne » Mon Apr 11, 2005 3:31 pm

The violence in the Woodlands area (or Pakiderry as it's known to locals not my personal preference) has been going on for ages. Most of them attended my school (Woodside Sec.), and trouble was always brewing with the local asian boys. Not nice at all, and I knew alot of top notch guys from that neck of the woods, and am by no means racist in any way, but have been involved in a few scrapes years back with these wee fannys.

From the early to mid 90's asian guys at my school suddenly started taking on the role of African Americans, calling themselves "Homies" and wearing LA Raiders gear and Malcom X hats/t-shirts and the like. They'de got it into their heads they had somehow been oppressed for years, and where having their own little uprising. They took the fight to us (white males) and battles where a common occurence unfortunately. These so called incidents are once again becomming more and more common, and the only good thing that's changed over the years is that they can't play the racism card quite as easily as they did.
If no body's perfect, why practise?
Gazzathecoigne
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Next

Return to Glasgow Chat (Coffee Lounge)