1955 Partick Camera club

Moderators: John, Sharon, Fossil, Lucky Poet, crusty_bint, Jazza, dazza

1955 Partick Camera club

Postby Mark » Wed Nov 10, 2004 1:32 pm

Dear all,
I am looking for some help - while browsing this site - I came across the Glasgow story site - in the description of the images I was looking at referred to the 1955 Partick Camera Club. They say that "In 1955 Partick Camera Club set out to create a photographic survey of Glasgow. As the project progressed, other camera clubs joined and each was allocated a district of the city to photograph. Glasgow Museums exhibited the photographs at Kelvingrove Art Gallery and Museum and at the People's Place, and in 1956 the exhibition was shown at the Palace of Art in Bellahouston Park. The photographs are now part of Glasgow Museums' collections." What I would like to know is if these are the images that now form part of the virtual mitchell or if they are in paper form in one of the museums or libraries - if anyone knows where I would be most grateful. I have e-mailed Glasgow City Council to see but past experience has tought me they can take ages to reply.

Many thanks, Mark.
Mark
Just settling in
Just settling in

partick camera club

Postby Pgcc93 » Wed Nov 10, 2004 6:06 pm

Your first point of call should be the staff at the Mitchell Library.

[email protected]

best of luck! :)
Pgcc93
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby turbozutek » Wed Nov 10, 2004 9:27 pm

The mitchell are currently getting all their paper based prints onto digital archival systems.

Chris...
turbozutek
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Return to Glasgow Chat (Coffee Lounge)