Rise of the Spam

Moderators: John, Sharon, Fossil, Lucky Poet, crusty_bint, Jazza, dazza

Rise of the Spam

Postby Delmont St Xavier » Sat Jun 03, 2017 5:58 pm

Is it me?

It appears that there is an epidemic on spam affecting all sites that I visit as well as emails that I receive. I know these things tend to go in cycles and one month we can be bombarded with crap but it seems much more in your face now that ever.

I see this afternoon we have the opportunity to purchase UK Passports and last week we had the opportunity to employ a professional CV writer and the week before that an Essay writer. My work's email address (being a .org.uk) and part of the third sector is being bombarded as well with offers of pursuing debts or fixing my Microsoft Windows along with a few other shady deals.

Obvioulsy, fire walls and virus guards are updated but it seems that somewhere, someone is sitting hitting thousands of sites. Personally, I blame Trump.... :D :D
"Listen, it's too big a world to be in competition with everyone. The only person who I have to be better than is myself. And in your case, that's enough."
Delmont St Xavier
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Re: Rise of the Spam

Postby RDR » Sat Jun 03, 2017 7:14 pm

Delmont St Xavier wrote:Is it me?

It appears that there is an epidemic on spam affecting all sites that I visit as well as emails that I receive. I know these things tend to go in cycles and one month we can be bombarded with crap but it seems much more in your face now that ever.

I see this afternoon we have the opportunity to purchase UK Passports and last week we had the opportunity to employ a professional CV writer and the week before that an Essay writer. My work's email address (being a .org.uk) and part of the third sector is being bombarded as well with offers of pursuing debts or fixing my Microsoft Windows along with a few other shady deals.

Obvioulsy, fire walls and virus guards are updated but it seems that somewhere, someone is sitting hitting thousands of sites. Personally, I blame Trump.... :D :D

Nope not just you. Look at the meltdown in the NHS last month.
Seems to me, no matter how much I update my spam filters, malware screening and anti-virus software, the illegals seem one step ahead....
He advocated for the weak against the strong, the poor against the rich and labour against capital.
RDR
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Return to Glasgow Chat (Coffee Lounge)