Looking for lesbians....

Moderators: John, Sharon, Fossil, Lucky Poet, crusty_bint, Jazza, dazza

Looking for lesbians....

Postby Sharon » Mon Jan 09, 2017 2:01 pm

... I hope that caught your attention! :)

I received this email from a production company looking to make contact with gay women living and loving in Glasgow in the late 70s and early 80s. If you, or anyone you know who fits the bill would be interested in participating, get in touch with Rebecca.

-------------------------

Hi Sharon,

I saw that you're an administrator on The Hidden Glasgow forums so I wanted to get in touch to see if you could help me. I work for a production company that's making a series for BBC4 called the People's History of LGBT+ life in Britain. The aim is to celebrate the evolution of LGBT+ rights in the UK since the legalisation of homosexuality told through the personal experiences and memories of those that lived it.

I'm currently looking for any women who were based in Glasgow in the late 1970s/ early 1980s who can tell us about their experience as a lesbian in the city at that time. I was hoping you might be able to point me in the direction of anyone that fits this bill? Or perhaps you do yourself?

It would be great if we could have a chat on the phone today or this week so I can give you some more detail on what we're doing.

My direct line is 0203 701 7332 and the production company is called 7 Wonder.

Best wishes,

Rebecca Stewart
Researcher
Beware of yawning dogs.
Sharon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Return to Glasgow Chat (Coffee Lounge)