New Buses in Glasgow

Moderators: John, Sharon, Fossil, Lucky Poet, crusty_bint, Jazza, dazza

Postby paladin » Mon Sep 13, 2004 5:36 pm

No need to apologise, great rant.(previous post of Gap74's)
Well said. :D
paladin
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby kn0wledge » Mon Sep 13, 2004 6:47 pm

I must learn to be more tolerant of others and be nicer to my fellow forum members.
Eat a ham for Jesus.
kn0wledge
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby gap74 » Mon Sep 13, 2004 7:40 pm

kn0wledge wrote:Frankly I don't care what your opinion is either.

Good, so whilst we're agreed on not caring about each other's opinion, perhaps you'd like to stop voicing yours about how dull you find this topic and just stop reading the bloody thing, and I can stop posting replies to you when I could be drinking beer or reading a good book!

kn0wledge wrote:One of my original points was that this thread is nothing to do with hidden Glasgow.

And one of my points was that much that appears here isn't, but that doesn't mean that no one out there is going to find it interesting. That's what I like about HG, especially Coffee Lounge - it really is like a coffee lounge, where a chat about one thing can lead off in wild tangents that can be just as fruitful. I'm not claiming they all do, but that it can happen with very little interference from the relatively laid-back mods is a cool thing. Just scanning the most recent page of Coffee Lounge, I see postings on a French subterranean cinema, the M8, a current lager ad and the silly new Scotland with Style campaign. None of these are are really about Hidden Glasgow, so why not trot over to those and bleat about irrelevant content? Does the presence of a thread on current Glasgow buses really offend your sensibilities so? Do you lie awake at night worrying about it?

kn0wledge wrote:This is not http://www.busspottingforanoraks.com for God's sake. Had I the power I would have locked this long ago.

No one claimed it was! On reflection, though, you're perfectly right, any topic you find dull should, of course, be stifled and suppressed...

kn0wledge wrote:And yes, there are plenty other threads which I consider somewhat less interesting than watching paint dry, but bus-spotting just takes the fucking biscuit.

Again, your opinion being voiced, and a wonderful thing it is to be able to do that. Far be it from me to stop you. And once again, I find myself facing an embarrassing U-turn - how terminally uncool bus-spotting is, we should take every opportunity to mock those who do it cos it's not the norm. Whereas exploring old railway tunnels, abandoned hospitals, docks and water towers is practically de rigeur these days....

If you must continue to grouch that this topic is against the rules, might I direct you to the top of every forum page - not by anyone's interpretation does "behave and be nice" include barging into topics you personally find dull and harping on about how mind-numbing you find them, when no one is forcing you to read them. And that's before we get to telling the original poster to "fuck off"...

Gary
gap74
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby kn0wledge » Mon Sep 13, 2004 8:07 pm

I must learn to be more tolerant of others and be nicer to my fellow forum members.
Eat a ham for Jesus.
kn0wledge
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby DMcNay » Mon Sep 13, 2004 8:18 pm

Okay folks, calm down before the Mods get involved and start handing out slaps.

Whatever anyones opinion is, if you don't like the thread don't read it. Simple as.

It doesn't interest me, but I can ignore it. So there.

Now, here's a picture of Bruce Forsyth to relax everyone....

Too few hours in the day.
DMcNay
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby gap74 » Mon Sep 13, 2004 8:19 pm

Fantastic comeback, succinctly and intelligently argued. I concede defeat in the face of such superbly crafted rhetoric.

Now I can get back to that cold Grolsch and my new Sopranos boxset, in the hope that our fellow forum users no longer have to read this cyber-sparring nonsense!

Oooh, Brucey, nice to see him.... Would have preferred Ted Rogers though, now there was a true legend!

Gary
gap74
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby putty shankleton » Mon Sep 13, 2004 8:39 pm

I thought a forum was where one could talk about things in relation to the subject. There have been postings of trams on this forum and there were no complaints. Old transport in Glasgow is a subject that many people express an interest in and Im sorry if you find this thread boring. There is room for every subject regarding Glasgow.

Dont read it then!! Lovely attitude you have and thats all I will post on this forum if that is the attitude of some of the posters.

Go and post a pic of an old brick then.

Where are the moderators?.
putty shankleton
Busy bunny
Busy bunny

Postby DMcNay » Mon Sep 13, 2004 8:46 pm

putty shankleton wrote:
Dont read it then!! Lovely attitude you have and thats all I will post on this forum if that is the attitude of some of the posters.

I hope you don't mean me. I was only saying that if you see something that doesn;t interest you, then you are under no obligation to read it. There's no need to complain.

It ain;t compulsory to read each and every topic going.

As for where the Mods are, I'm sure they'll step in if they feel it's necessary. I'd like to think everyone could stop throwing abuse about of their own accord.

I would think there's been enough said on this already, don't you?
DMcNay
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby Apollo » Mon Sep 13, 2004 8:48 pm

This subject would probably have slipped in quite happily, and without attracting much comment had it not arrived centered on one bus company and with large adverts for same attached.

The matter was put to bed quietly and amicably by the admins, and should have been left at that. Please.
Apollo
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby gap74 » Mon Sep 13, 2004 8:52 pm

Jesus, you have no idea how hard it was to find a pic of this man...

Gary
gap74
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby Bing Buzby » Mon Sep 13, 2004 9:05 pm

Is it true Ted Rodgers is now skint and rides around in one of these?

Bing Buzby
Second Stripe
Second Stripe

Postby putty shankleton » Mon Sep 13, 2004 9:15 pm

I did not read the forums as I was away on business for a few days but one thing I cant stand is trollish behavior on forums. Agree to disagree please:)
putty shankleton
Busy bunny
Busy bunny

Postby skintobalinto » Mon Sep 13, 2004 9:26 pm

I think he died last year - his last journey was probably in one of these

Where the music stinks, and they water the drinks, ...at the nudie bar
skintobalinto
Second Stripe
Second Stripe

Postby Arriva Diva » Mon Sep 13, 2004 9:57 pm

putty shankleton wrote:I did not read the forums as I was away on business for a few days but one thing I cant stand is trollish behavior on forums. Agree to disagree please:)

You do know that this was put to bed until you came along.
We give Change!
Arriva Diva
Just settling in
Just settling in

Postby DMcNay » Mon Sep 13, 2004 9:58 pm

Arriva Diva wrote:
putty shankleton wrote:I did not read the forums as I was away on business for a few days but one thing I cant stand is trollish behavior on forums. Agree to disagree please:)

You do know that this was put to bed until you came along.

And you've brought it up AGAIN......
DMcNay
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

PreviousNext

Return to Glasgow Chat (Coffee Lounge)